View Poll Results: And the absolute best choice for MOTU director is?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steven Spielberg

1 4.00%
  • James Cameron

3 12.00%
  • Zach Synder

5 20.00%
  • JJ Abrams

0 0%
  • Bryan Singer

1 4.00%
  • Quentin Tarantino

0 0%
  • Ridley Scott

2 8.00%
  • Guillermo del Toro

4 16.00%
  • Michael Bay

0 0%
  • Other- Please List Below

9 36.00%

Thread: And the BEST Director For MOTU is?

And the BEST Director For MOTU is?

Love (Guillermo Del Toro) them or hate (Michael Bay) them, so many of these directors have handled huge projects in the past 5 years, and some of these projects have been major successes.

Each of these men have brought visually stunning stories of epic tales to life.

So lets vote on it shall we?

PS: Sorry to all you Peter Jackson or David Yates fans that they didn't make the list. They were thought of, but I ran out of room while adding names at random.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 4, 2010 at 04:58am.

I picked other since your list is full of directors I either loathe or love(& don't feel they'd be right for the job). I'd almost prefer an unknown since most known directors are going to make sweeping changes to the MOTU canon just so they can "make their mark" on the property & feed their ego. If we had to go with a "known" director, I'd say Neill Blomkamp, director of my second favorite movie last year(after Inglorious Basterds), District 9.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Its hard for me to choose... even from my list...

Widget
    Brian Synger might do a good job of it. The cast would certainly be pretty if he directed the movie.

It seems that Zach has some fans on the boards. Anyone else?

Off top of my head, Sam Raimi would probably be my first pick. To be honest, I would LOTHE a Zak Snyder directed motu. Come to think of it, JJ Abrams would prolly do a descent job, but i'd still go with Raimi first. Actually, i'd like Del Toro too, but he's way too busy.

I voted "other", since I think that Raimi would do a terrific job. As much as I didn't get into the Pirates movies, Gore Verbinski can pull out a really good movie. Jackson or Del Toro would be awesome, but they are involved in another projects I really doubt that they would be interested in a movie like this.
    There are some new talents that I don't know, such as the director of this commercial, who (if I'm not mistaken) is going to direct a movie with Keanu Reeves about mystical samurais, that I think that can bring very good perspectives to MOTU world

Does anyone know who this director is?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Does anyone know who this director is?
    Carl Rinsch

JOIN THE GROUP...

Sam Raimi would be a good choice now that he is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Sam Raimi would be a good choice now that he is free.
    I think he's still doing World Of Warcraft.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Carl Rinsch
    Thank you Shokoti, I've checked that he is aswell attached to remake "Creature from the Black Lagoon" and was once attached to direct an Alien reboot.

Since a Halo movie looks quite far away, Neil Blomkamp under Jackson's Godfatherhood (if such word even exists) would be interesting to see his turn on He-Man as well.

How about M Night Shamaylan ?
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sithjedi171 View Post
    How about M Night Shamaylan ?
    yeah and the ending would reveal the entire would be small autistic boy playing with the toys
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    yeah and the ending would reveal the entire would be small autistic boy playing with the toys
    Ha ha ha. I can't top that one, but I think you left out 'movie'
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 16, 2010 at 03:17am.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmm I am finding it hard to choose as I think most of them could make a decent motu film, especially Snyder and Singer (and possibly Spielberg)

Now slightly off topic I think that the director of that advert should make a movie out of the game Prototype (mainly because that also involves a guy in a white hood doing parkour)

I think Nimrod Antel could be good. He’s the guy who’s directing the new Predator film, Predators. Apparently, its creating waves round Hollywood. Quint from Aintitcoolnews said he’s seen some truly amazing stuff from the set and Sam Raimi said he would be a good choice to take on the new Spider-Man film.

Anyway, the tricky thing is, a He-Man film will always have a stigma attached to it because of what it is. Michael Bay always said that his first reaction when asked to direct the Transformers film was “I’m not doing a stupid toy movie”. Maybe that's what a lot of directors think? That’s probably why all those big name directors turned it down when it was at WB. A lot of these established directors will probably not be able to see past the stigma and understand that there’s a lot of potential for a great sc-fi/fantasy film. I don’t think we’re going to get an established director taking it on, to be honest. I think it’s more realistic to ship the idea round to younger directors (who know He-Man) or newer directors still seeking to make a name for themselves in the business (John Stevenson would have been a great choice for this exact reason).

In a way, and it is still possible (although not likely), I hope Stevenson's still attached. Mattel seemed very happy with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I think Nimrod Antel could be good. Hes the guy whos directing the new Predator film, Predators.
    Predators? Wow. They really wracked their brains to come up with that stand out movie title!

I had to vote other and that's only because Sky Breaker ran out of room for Peter Jackson lol. Personally, i think there's (loosely) a MOTU feeling of sorts within the way he did LOTR e.g. the characters, the creatures, the fantasy etc... I think he'd be able to grasp the MOTU and give it the treatment we all know it deserves. Alternatively, how would ppl feel about Christopher Nolan directing?

Heroic Warrior
    Renny Harlin

I would love to see John Woo actually direct it. After watching his Red Cliff epics I think he can handle large scale action with epic proportions with characters that are mythic. I think he'd hit it out of the park.

New Directorial Blood

I'm going with other. I think a younger director with the charisma and stamina for a potential trilogy or saga of films chould be involved. Consider these alternative options:

Kathryn Bigelow (Point Break, The Hurt Locker)
    Louis Leterrier (The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans)
    Stephen Norrington (Blade, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)
    McG (Terminator Salvation)
    Antoine Fuqua (King Arthur, Tears of the Sun, Training Day)
    Karyn Kusama (on Flux)

I don't mind the previously mentioned Ridley Scott because of his attention to detail or Zack Snyder especially from the look of his films. I just don't think the Masters film should be extraordinarily violent as they tend to be (And hey, I love violence as much as the next guy, they might be better off directing a Berserk film).

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I'm going with other. I think a younger director with the charisma and stamina for a potential trilogy or saga of films chould be involved. Consider these alternative options:

Louis Leterrier (The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans)

I don't mind the previously mentioned Ridley Scott because of his attention to detail or Zack Snyder especially from the look of his films. I just don't think the Masters film should be extraordinarily violent as they tend to be

Yeah Louis could make it work. Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    I had to vote other and that's only because Sky Breaker ran out of room for Peter Jackson lol. Personally, i think there's (loosely) a MOTU feeling of sorts within the way he did LOTR e.g. the characters, the creatures, the fantasy etc... I think he'd be able to grasp the MOTU and give it the treatment we all know it deserves. Alternatively, how would ppl feel about Christopher Nolan directing?
    Peter Jackson would also be a good choice. There are soooooooooooooooooo many people that could bring MOTU to life. Personally, I think Zach is still my main choice. Gore Verbinski could probably do a good job too.

Actually, Id be okay with Louis Leterrier. I liked the Incredible Hulk and I like the look of Clash of the Titans. And Im guessing that after Clash of the Titans comes out in April hell be a free agent.

John Favreau would be a good person to direct it for that matter!