Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addicted to MOTUC

I consider myself a huge fan, this is my main passion,this makes me happy but btw it does not take over my life and so it should be.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; July 28, 2010 at 06:01pm.

Im addicted to toys period! MOTU is just one of my forms of plastic crack

Quote Originally Posted by AKA-DOM View Post
    Im addicted to toys period! MOTU is just one of my forms of plastic crack
    MOTU has always held a special place in my heart. Ever since watching the classic toon clutching hold of my BA He-Man, I've loved this line of action figures. I couldn't get into the NA He-Man or the 200x stuff, because that isn't He-Man to me. But MOTUC is like the 80s all over again. I hope this line continues for years to come, but I'd love to see a new cartoon and a comic series come along soon. He-Man needs to return to TV!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I am absolutely addicted. I've been addicted since I was a kid. I loved He-man then and I love him now. The modern line returns me to a time where things were innocent and carefree. Its a break from reality especially in the troubled times we are living in. My loose characters are on display in my room so they are the first and last toys I see everyday. My in-home office is completely MOTU. I have every single loose figure thru the European 1988 figures, playsets including Eternia, vehicles and every single thing Mattel has made and sold on Matty. I even have my old lunch box and thermos, games, DVD's, zipper clips and you name it. It's a rediculous site to see but I love it!
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Jeremy View Post
    I am absolutely addicted. I've been addicted since I was a kid. I loved He-man then and I love him now. The modern line returns me to a time where things were innocent and carefree. Its a break from reality especially in the troubled times we are living in. My loose characters are on display in my room so they are the first and last toys I see everyday. My in-home office is completely MOTU. I have every single loose figure thru the European 1988 figures, playsets including Eternia, vehicles and every single thing Mattel has made and sold on Matty. I even have my old lunch box and thermos, games, DVD's, zipper clips and you name it. It's a rediculous site to see but I love it!
    COOL! Pics?
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Liberty, justice, peace. The All American's Avatar
    Yes, definitely! I've been addicted to MOTUC since 2008, to the point I want to see it continue on and finish up those remaining factions, cool odds and ends, vintage beasts, vehicles, playsets, etc...! I'm thankful Ultimates has continued the Classics style, but would love to plug more MOTUC holes.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Yes, I'm addicted, I visit this site every day in search of news about MOTUC and MOTUC ONLY!
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I'm one of those thinking that Classics kinda have reactivated my own childhood.
    But this time around, my parents weren't deciding for me anymore
    in terms of expenses (lol).

I'm really thankful to have the right customizers around to help completing
    this amazing line, at least the way I envision to properly bowing out.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; May 9, 2021 at 07:13am.
    WATCH THE OUTSTANDING NEW MUSIC VIDEO "Almighty's Hand" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9ld7ynu6w
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    I'm one of those thinking that Classics kinda have reactivated my own childhood.
    But this time around, my parents weren't deciding for me anymore
    in terms of expenses (lol).

I'm really thankful to have the right customizers around to help completing
    this amazing line, at least the way I envision to properly bowing out.
    Yes there are many 3D sculptors and traditional sculptors that have helped move this a long but unless they are available to everyone and provide a recipe really help the costing come more easily. I want to shout out to orsogranito and eternal customs, these two have so much great MOTUC goddness out there for people to be creative you canít deny there are many choices, it about people getting out there and sharing ideas to create the best figure possible

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Yes, definitely! I've been addicted to MOTUC since 2008, to the point I want to see it continue on and finish up those remaining factions, cool odds and ends, vintage beasts, vehicles, playsets, etc...! I'm thankful Ultimates has continued the Classics style, but would love to plug more MOTUC holes.
    It's just a shame Super 7 are the ones making the Ultimates figures. Any other company would have been releasing waves on time with far less quality control issues.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    Yes agree, I am glad that the design and form of the MOTUC buck is continuing with the Ultimates! line, gives me hope that one day at least some missing characters will be made into Classics form.

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Yes, I'm addicted, I visit this site every day in search of news about MOTUC and MOTUC ONLY!
    Yeah, I am visiting the site as much as I can to catch some news about MOTUC and other related stuff to it. MOTUC CG line is the main line of my collection.

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Ah, decade old bumps. I feel like if you're going to do that, you should at least acknowledge it

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Yeah, MOTUC was a great line...S7 is getting 60 bucks/figure from me with the Ultimate's line and Mattel is getting ZERO. I am very happy for all the people that want Origins and Masterverse...but I really want to give Mattel my money, but apparently they don't want it.

I check back here every day with the dim hope that Mattel will at LEAST finish the Filmation line as well as the NA and missing POP.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    It's just a shame Super 7 are the ones making the Ultimates figures. Any other company would have been releasing waves on time with far less quality control issues.
    People bring up this Super 7 QC thing all the time, but I seem to see tons of pics of NECA figures shearing off at the joints on social media, and almost no Super 7 Conan or TMNT figures with the same problems.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    People bring up this Super 7 QC thing all the time, but I seem to see tons of pics of NECA figures shearing off at the joints on social media, and almost no Super 7 Conan or TMNT figures with the same problems.
    NECA is famous for quality control issues. They have improved some over the years but there are still some issues.
    The joints on NECA figures are mostly fine if they are boiled and loosened up before trying to move them....but having said that there is no real excuse for that. No one should really have to do that to a new action figure. But having said that I would prefer doing that to a cool looking figure than have a figure with reversed knees and bad paint apps etc. But NECA really should include some warnings and guide lines on the packaging of their figures.

I have seen some of the Super 7 movie Conan figures weapons break and a lot of the TMNT Foot Soldiers elbow joints snap and I believe quite a few of them were also made with reversed lower legs like Thundercats Jackalman.

I guess I am relapsing with MOTUC a bit...
    I thought I was done, as I recently cherry-picked a nice little collection with all the figures that were essential to me, and / or affordable.

Then I wanted to switch my attention to Origins. I love them but they are hard to get, and take forever from BBTS... so I see myself relapsing and getting a few more Classics on EBay... ooops.

So I guess I’m addicted to Classics, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    I guess I am relapsing with MOTUC a bit...
    I thought I was done, as I recently cherry-picked a nice little collection with all the figures that were essential to me, and / or affordable.
    At this point, I didnít think any Classics were affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    At this point, I didn’t think any Classics were affordable.
    I will not be able to get a Mekaneck or a Spikor, or even a regular Teela...

But I got myself some beat-up She-Ra and Adora, a DC two-pack Mer Man, the Buzz Saw Hordak almost looks like the original, my favorite character Stratos is not too pricey, I do enjoy the later Heroic Warriors, NA and some of the POP characters,... so I Patchwork myself something together.
    It does take a lot of hunting on EBay and other sites.

But, I did have a head start- i had gotten a few core characters waay back when they first came out. He-Man, Skeletor, Buzz-Saw, MAA- I cherish them.

It does feel though, even since I started to get back into MOTU over the winter, prices went up even more, and stuff is harder to find, so I hear you.

I bought a King Randor on eBay for about a hundred bucks last week and it came yesterday. I'll live with it, he's awesome.
    My matches, toy reviews, promos and more are on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Roxx View Post
    I bought a King Randor on eBay for about a hundred bucks last week and it came yesterday. I'll live with it, he's awesome.
    I remember as a kid, when I got Randor, my mom even said he looked really cool! Something about the cape, the regal look, the gold and color combo, probably...
    He’s a glorious figure, even more so in Classics! Congrats on the purchase!

After the demise of the 200x series I became a little bitter and twisted on the way that whole saga ended. When the classics came out I steered well clear of them. However in early 2020 I was going through my 200x collection wondering to myself why didnít I buy more motu at the time..... At that point I took a closer look at the classic figures to see what if any could help compliment my 200x collection. I drew up a list of around 25 figures and began hunting them down. On Friday I was able to complete this list with three 2 packs I was able to score of an eBay auction.

Heroic Warrior
    Been addicted since 08

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Are you addicted to MOTUC?

After careful consideration I have to say that I am. I can't stop thinking about this line. I have even put all the Toyfare ads into my phone and watch them in a slide show

I am always coming straight here to the .org to discuss MOTUC. I am completely happy with the designs of the figures and I look forward to any news or reveals regarding the line.

Granted, everything isn't perfect but tell me a line that is that encompasses everything that MOTUC does, Style, Design, Accessories, Nostalgia, Availability and Price.

My month no longer starts on the 1st and ends on the 31st, it starts on the 15th

Am I alone in this? Are you just as addicted as I am?
    Just out of curiosity if you donít mind - are you like that, that is to say Ďall iní in anything else in your life? Religion, politics? Do you question authority? I only ask because I find it hard to understand how a person can be so fanatically Ďiní with someone or something. No meanness to my question, just, as I said, curiosity.

I remember complaining when the figures hit around $35 each ($27 plus shipping). At the time I never thought Classics would hit the price they are at now. They've become a great investment. I regret selling off some of my figures over the past few years and not buying those I still need.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    Just out of curiosity if you don’t mind - are you like that, that is to say ‘all in’ in anything else in your life? Religion, politics? Do you question authority? I only ask because I find it hard to understand how a person can be so fanatically ‘in’ with someone or something. No meanness to my question, just, as I said, curiosity.
    That's a good question, Bolingbroke, but it's unlikely you'll get an answer. You're replying to an eleven year old post made by someone whose last activity was seven years ago.

I think a lot of collectors often find themselves momentarily obsessed with whatever they happen to be collecting at the time. I find that I go through short phases of being obsessed with certain properties, like Star Wars Black Series, Marvel Legends, or Masters of the Universe. I'll be honed in on one property, and suddenly find myself invested in another. (This can get very expensive with MOTU Classics or 3rd party Transformers.) I think part of the reason for this is that I tend to obsess over trivialities but I am also easily distracted. Sometimes, if I can keep myself busy, I can avoid letting my urge to collect go overboard. Collecting is sometimes like eating potato chips - it's hard to each just one and sometimes you find yourself having eaten a whole bag when you intended to eat only a handful.