so my smoking budget just went from
    DKR 990 to DKR 1254 in a heartbeat!
    That's from $188 to $246 a month!
    ... that's like 3 Classics figures!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

No, I don't, never have, never will, nor does my wife.

You want to smoke? Fine. Keep it out of our faces. You have the right to smoke. WE have the right to not have to breathe in your crap. Go poison yourself at home.

And to everybody who complains about the high prices of cigarettes and alcohol.. nobody's making you do it but you. Don't come to us non-drinkers and non-smokers for sympathy. You chose to take up the gauntlet, now you wear it.

There are enough people out there who don't spend hundreds/thousands of dollars a year on smokes and whatnot who work damn hard to barely make ends meet and provide for their family, and then we have dolts on here complaining "Oh, the price of cigs is SO high! I have to cut down from 3 packs a day to 2! I can't afford it! Oh woe is me!"

Give me a break.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Do I smoke? Only when on fire.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

LOL!

I knew I wouldn't get alot of sympathy from you non-smokers,
    but, I do not have a car, something which makes a hell
    of a lot more ppl sick a year with their filthy smoke and sod.
    So I think myself less of a menace than car-owners are..!

'Go smoke at home' -you say! The ******* government here,
    are right at this moment, disgussing weather or not it should
    be allowed to even smoke in ones own home, as the 'dangerous'
    smoke leakes through pipes and ventilations to the other apartments.
    I mean come on! Let us be allready! We're humans too!
    as I feed upon my hate.

When the 2002 MOTU line came out, I quite smoking to finance buying the figures.

I cannot stand cigarettes now. I might have one role up when I'm hammered but hell no to cigarettes now.

Quiting is a doddle. All ya gotta do is really want to quit.

Well, it is what it is. I mean, toy prices have gone up too! I don't like that I'm paying the price of a Marvel Legend figure for a 3 3/4 sized figure, but that's what it has come to. I don't have to buy 'em, but I do. We all got our addictions.

As for smoking in general, I've never smoked. I didn't have many people around me that did either. All I knew was that it smelled terrible and made me sick and light headed, so I stayed away from it.

Tell ya the truth, I'm not sure how we keep getting new smokers. You'd think this woulda died off after more youngsters get to hang with older smokers who ooz the smell and hack up some peices of thier lungs every few minutes.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm not sure how we keep getting new smokers.
    The governments argument are;
    'The more expensive the smokes,
    the less attractive it is for youngsters to start.'

And, of course, I see the point in that.
    But they are already talking about raising them
    to $11,40 - DKR 60,- a pack!
    Maybe their plan will backfire, as it could become
    a twisted statussymbol amoung teens;
    'look at me, I can affort to smoke!'

older smokers hack up some peices of thier lungs every few minutes.
    But it's sooo worth it!
    as I feed upon my hate.

Most of my family that has died recently has died of smoking related illnesses.

So never ever.

And I don't care if people buy the things. All that tax money goes to the state to pay for things.

As for the car argument, that is such BS. Cars are needed to get from place to place (in the US anyway) in the timeframe allotted to us in our modern lives. Cigarettes serve no useful purpose as such.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Heroic sculptor of toys Battle_Brak's Avatar
    I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. I haven't been around smokers regularly for years so now I have this very low tolerance for it. Just breathing other people's smoke makes me cough and feel sick. I don't mind other's smoking (hey you can do whatever you want) just don't expect me to stick around and carry on a conversation with you while you do it.
    Check out my artwork: https://aarondoyle.artstation.com/

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    No thank you.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by He-Manis007 View Post
    As for the car argument, that is such BS. Cars are needed to get from place to place.
    Sure they are, in some cases!
    I hate seeing on the freeway
    tons and tons of cars with only
    one person in it! Such a waste;
    carpoll for Gods sake!
    And once one have a car,
    one tend to use it constantly,
    also for short trips, which could
    easily have been made by foot
    or cycle.
    Besides, tobacco smoke dosn't
    add to the global warming.
    Just wait some 10 years, then
    this witchhunt will be towards
    all you polluting asses, who are
    destroying our once beautiful
    planet..! You'll see!

Only three smokers here thus
    far ... WOW! Didn't expect that!

---------------------------------

I never intended to make this into
    a borderline-Tar Swamp disgussion
    about weather or not it is disgusting
    to smoke, or how polluting cars are!
    I just wanted to ask how many others
    here have the same habbit as I do?
    No harm, so no need to hate moi..!
    Last edited by Squid; January 24, 2010 at 04:04pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    as I feed upon my hate.

I think it's yucky. The smoke not only stinks but the smokers themselves then carry that odor on their clothes and their breath.

Squid- You mentioned the government limiting smoking in apartments. My younger brother during his college years had a small aparment. the guy next door was a heavy smoker. The smoke did indeed go through the ventalation system and my brothers apartment stunk of cigarette constantly. it got so bad that some evenings my brother would just have to leave his front door open to allow fresh air in. It caused him headaches and a cough until he moved.

Smokers are addicts. I have many friends that say they want to quit, but they don't. They don't have the will power not to smoke. It rules them as they have to take constant smoke breaks. One guy can barely make it through lunch without having to run outside and get one. My favorite example is the fact that company health care plans spend thousands on smokers who have all types of illnesses which cause the difficulty breathing and constant cough-but it's never because they smoke.

No, ABSOLUTELY NOT! It's a filthly, disgusting, reluplsive act that sickens me to my core. I never have and never will!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    No, I don't, never have, never will, nor does my wife.

You want to smoke? Fine. Keep it out of our faces. You have the right to smoke. WE have the right to not have to breathe in your crap. Go poison yourself at home.

And to everybody who complains about the high prices of cigarettes and alcohol.. nobody's making you do it but you. Don't come to us non-drinkers and non-smokers for sympathy. You chose to take up the gauntlet, now you wear it.

There are enough people out there who don't spend hundreds/thousands of dollars a year on smokes and whatnot who work damn hard to barely make ends meet and provide for their family, and then we have dolts on here complaining "Oh, the price of cigs is SO high! I have to cut down from 3 packs a day to 2! I can't afford it! Oh woe is me!"

Give me a break.
    AMEN Brother! One thing that really bothers me is when people are smoking in their cars and I am driving behind them. I'll be driving along, my happy-go-lucky self with my vents going and all of a sudden I'll smell the stink of smoke coming into my car from the car in front of me. At that point I usually try to speed up, and go around them while shouting that they are a "Farkin' STINKY [email protected][email protected]" out my window. I know they hear me because their window's are cracked to let the smoke out, which is how it got into my car to begin with.

I loathe smokers with every fiber of my being!

The thought of new generations of smokers makes me sad. Smoking kills, everybody knows that now and it amazes me that people still opt to try smoking and then become addicted. I remember when I was in high school, our teacher would bring in old film documentaries from the 60's where the CEO's of major cigarette companies were interviewed and they denied that smoking can harm. "you can get cancer from eating a sandwich." they would say. It was laughable.

I hope that all smokers on this board realize the harm they're doing to themselves and opt to quite one day, you have to live as long as possible so you can collect as many He-Man toys as you can.
    Wanted: Episode 40 Comic.

I´m clean...
    Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Heroic Warrior
    I was born in 1978...

I remember the "this is your brain, and this is your brain on drugs" commercials..

I dont smoke it gives me migrains... (I have smoked new ports though under extreme STRESS) I chain smoked em like a whole pack in 2 hrs lol...

but this commerical is ONE OF THE MAJOR REASONS I DON'T SMOKE lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7bHdo2DJHY

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    No ... never!

I guess it all depends on what you speak of.
    Positive Transactions-greyskull1, Kero, miasboytoy, MOTU_Maniac, Big Country, Beastmangler, biged98, EwR-Disaster, masterenglish, Radrcks, Son Of Keldor, myers04, tattoojunkie74, He-Cowboy, Judeh Simon, Dr Kain, BrandnChicagoHorde, JonnyTyler, Mern-Ra, wolvie3579, Toygiant, Grayskulls Fakor, Villa-man, Fisto69, Mdoclar, degra, Dawg88, Jii Dee & Many More Orgers...

Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    AMEN Brother! One thing that really bothers me is when people are smoking in their cars and I am driving behind them. I'll be driving along, my happy-go-lucky self with my vents going and all of a sudden I'll smell the stink of smoke coming into my car from the car in front of me. At that point I usually try to speed up, and go around them while shouting that they are a "Farkin' STINKY [email protected][email protected]" out my window.
    OK, please, how small are your shoes?!
    I hate standing on the sidewalk, when you come driving
    past in your filthy car, leaving me in a cloud of pollution!
    I bet you are one of those who hate perfumes too, right?!

I loathe smokers with every fiber of my being!
    Autch, that was harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    Squid- You mentioned the government limiting smoking in apartments. My younger brother during his college years had a small aparment. the guy next door was a heavy smoker. The smoke did indeed go through the ventalation system and my brothers apartment stunk of cigarette constantly.
    I'm sorry (!) that your friend had to go through that.
    (!) because I apologize for another smoker.

Fortunatly we smokers are protected by Human Rights
    to smoke whatever we like in our own homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I hope that all smokers on this board realize the harm they're doing to themselves.
    Seems like I'm the only one here!
    as I feed upon my hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    OK, please, how small are your shoes?!
    I hate standing on the sidewalk, when you come driving
    past in your filthy car, leaving me in a cloud of pollution!
    I bet you are one of those who hate perfumes too, right?!
    I know this wasn't directed at me, but look: I HATE driving. I've never been fond of cars. I hate them. Even beyond whatever pollution they emit, they are also huge, dangerous, annoying, costly, and any minor screw up you make might result in someone's death. I don't want to drive, I never wanted to drive, and I don't when I don't have to. The problem is that I HAVE to. I'm not riding my bike all over the place in the summer so I'm sweaty as all heck when I get to work, and I am CERTAINLY not doing it in the winter! The beast is tied to me and unless I want to live a much harder life, I got no choice but to drive it all over.

Smoking, on the other hand, that you compare to clouds of pollution coming from a car, is not something you're tied to other than with addiction. It's not gona get you to your job or anywhere else, just like my toys aren't gona get me anywhere (which I am thoroughly addicted to). They sit in the room, and your smokes stay with you. Problem is, they don't really stay with you. The smoke they emit goes everywhere, just like the cars, except I'm not smelling those cars every time I exit a building, or in my apartment, or when I walk behind a smoker. I'm not smelling cars when people come to class; no, I'm smelling the smoker who sits next to me and smells like he's oozing a thick smoke...like it's got substance or something.

I'd love it if this world worked on common sense and lived like it knew how to plan for the future, but it doesn't. If it did, though, and I got to be free and walk and ride and not have to worry about if that's gona make me late or unkempt for my job, ya know what would happen? I'd still smell smoke. Even in a perfect world, people are gona smoke, and I'm still gona have to smell it. Everywhere. Even when someone is listening to music too loud, you can ask them to turn it down or they are on the move and the music fades away in the distance. Smoke lingers. It gets into things. It makes them smell. You can't turn it down. So even though cars suck to high heck, it's not a reason to say "Well, we're screwed anyway, so what's smoke gona do that's any different?"
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Hmm, I'm beginning to regret ever posting this poll!

Sure, we smokers smell, but so does the folks who dosn't shower!
    Do we make it illegal to be unhygienic? No, of course not!

Cars are deadly, not only in accidents, but in odor-free particles
    which are everywhere, and which are much more prominent
    and dangerous than tobacco-smoke.
    Do we make cars illegal? No, of course not!

Some folks get sick by other peoples parfumes.
    Do we make perfumes illegal? No, of course not!

I can't stand the smell of lillies, but my neighbour loves 'em!
    Do we make lillies illegal? No, of course not!

What about public farting?!

... and I could go on, because human beings stink by nature!

If I chose to smoke in Gods green nature
    that is my written right to do so..!
    I am more than nice; I always ask the ppl at the
    busstop, if they are OK with me lighting a smoke.
    What else can I do?!
    I made a poor choise some years ago, because at
    that time it was considdered cool to smoke.
    Now I'm hooked, and I love it. I LOVE MY SMOKES!
    I even light up a cig before I go ******* in the morning!

One of you mentioned smokers to be sick more often
    than non-smokers!
    Well, I have an iron-health (well, still), so I'm never sick,
    I had one single day of sickness from my job last year; ONE DAY!

What about the fatties? They are just as sick all the time,
    but do we make it illegal to be fat?!
    No, of course not!!!
    as I feed upon my hate.

Nope. Not a smoker. But I don't hate smokers either.
    Finally I've found that I belong here.

All I'm tryin' to say, Squid, is that none of the other things you mentioned seep into things and stay there. Nothing compares to smoke well enough, for me, at least.

- Folks who don't take a shower: Can't smell 'em in a resturant from across the room, and I just honestly have not run into them as much as I've run into smokers. There's one person who comes into the library where I work; that's it. I can tell where they've been, even! I'm not gona blame 'em for not being able to take a shower. That could just be the circumstance they're in. I suppose it's also up to them to just stop showering under principle, if that's the case. Whatever. One way or another, it doesn't effect my daily life.

- I guess I'll stop the car argument. I don't have the info on 'em. All I can say is that I don't know any documented info on car fume death beyond being locked in a garage with a running car, but there are plenty of cancer stories from smokes. But hey, who knows? Perhaps most of the cancer problems of today are due to overall pollution; cars included. There's no telling if I've got something growing in me right now.

- If perfumes were as bad as smoking, i'm sure we'd hear about it more often. People aren't picking on smokers here; you can smell where you've been and even smell you coming. Is it the same with perfume? Of course! Is it as rampant? Well, not for me. I can't even remember the last time I had a problem with someone's strong perfume. I am, however, smelling the smoke from the apartments bellow me on a daily basis.

- Farts are funny to bring up, but nowhere near comparable to smoke. Bothersome, but they leave quickly.

I better explain something else: I hate smoke, but I don't hate smokers. It's tough, because I've got a few friends who smoke. We don't split hairs on the matter like I'm doing with you, though, and I'll have to take the blame for keeping it up. I can't say I'm not attacking you, but I'm at least trying to do whatever I'm doing in a civil manner (as are you). All I'm trying to say is that I'm not seeing eye to eye with your comparisons. Though I can't argue against your car fume facts, I can say that (for me, at the very least) none of the other things you mentioned bother me on a daily basis like smoke does. Perhaps there are just a lot of smokers in my general area.

So once again: I'm not saying it should be illegal. I'm dealing with it in the apartment; it sucks, but you do what you gotta do. One day we'll have the cash for a house, and I can cut another way that smoke bothers me off the list. Until then, though, I can't say that any of your comparisons live up to the problems that smoke cause, save for the fact that cars just suck.

I've never smoked and I never plan to start. It's a waste of money and I want to be able to breathe when I'm 50. In my opinion the best thing New York state ever did was to ban smoking in bars and restaurants. There's nothing worse than trying to eat a meal when you have cigarette smoke in your face making you nauseous just because the person smoking can't show a little will power and go without a smoke for 45 minutes.
    "The physics is theoretical, but the fun is real."
    -Dr. Sheldon Cooper
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I will NEVER buy a subscription!

Master of New Adventures!
    Not any more.

I smoked a pack a day for eighteen years and gave it up cold turkey. Never looked back, never smoked another cigarette. Interesting statistic I recently read: 95% of smokers who quit cold turkey go back. I've got a very simple two-pronged way to help those who want to quit to quit...and it works.