2 1.27%
  • No ... never!

113 71.52%
  • I did, but I do not anymore!

19 12.03%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Smoke?!

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I've been smoking for 17 years. I'm not a heavy smoker by any means, but I was pretty much pack-a-day status for a while last year.
    I want to quit, and very soon. I quit in 2008 for the first time, and I only lasted two weeks. But I run a lot now and eventually one of those habits is going to impede on the other. I prefer it's the nicotine that gets the boot.
    Plus, the cost of them is ridiculous. Too much money wasted.

Not cigs.

I have enjoyed a nice pipe in the past. I had some nice pipe tobacco and I'd have a couple of pipes a week while I messed around online and relaxed. Found a nice staight pipe at a flea market once. The type you'd expect Ward Cleaver to smoke. But I don't know where it went since the move. If I can find it, I've been thinking about making a pipe my weekend thing while I stay up and play Warcraft.

I came from a house of smokers and smoking never bothered me. Recently, the NC house passed a bill and they took away the smoking room at work and now everyone has to go outside. Lame. I never went in there, but I respect the rights of people to not freeze in winter at 3am.

I know anti-smokers who are happy for it. They say they don't like going into a bar or resteraunt that has smoking. They way I see it, a large venue like a concert that's inside. Sure, no smoking. But when it comes to a resteraunt or a bar, it should be allowed according to the owner and NOT the government. The individual should say "OK, I dont' like smoking, this bar allows smokers, I will instead go to this OTHER bar." and the bar owner should be allowed to say "I'm willing to lose customers to keep smoking an option." I feel that way about anything... smoking, food, whatever. I just hate Health-Nazis who look down their nose at someone who smokes, or is fat. I say mind your own business.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    OK, please, how small are your shoes?!
    I hate standing on the sidewalk, when you come driving
    past in your filthy car, leaving me in a cloud of pollution!
    I bet you are one of those who hate perfumes too, right?!

Actually, I don't have anything against most perfumes. And if a woman puts on enough perfume that it is as offensive to me as someone's nasty cigarette smoke, then she'd probably end up knocking herself out from the fumes.

Your car argument is very flawed. Whether they pollute or not, cars are a mode of transportaition that is an necessity in this day and age (perhaps a necessary evil in the eyes of some). The only place cigarettes are going to "take you" is to a town called LUNG CANCER CITY...and the sign will read "Population: You"! I'm not saying that I wish that upon you, but it's more than likely going to happen someday due to your own poor judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    A person going about their business shouldn't have to walk or drive into a cloud of cigarette smoke.
    Yeah, I'm sure most drivers (who could be riding public transportation in many cases), when behind a truck that's spouting the most disgusting, noxious fumes, or even just in general traffic, are really worried about that potential cloud of cigarette smoke they might "drive into"

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure most drivers (who could be riding public transportation in many cases), when behind a truck that's spouting the most disgusting, noxious fumes, or even just in general traffic, are really worried about that potential cloud of cigarette smoke they might "drive into"
    Well I said driving because of my previous post where I explained that one of the most annoying things that happens to me on a regular basis is that I'll be driving along minding my own business and in through the vents in my car will come nasty, disgusting cigarette smoke...and once its blowing into my vents the only way to get it out of the car is to roll down all the windows. The problem with that though is that when I roll the windows down it just lets in more of the smoke unless I speed up, and drive around the car in front of me. Which is what I usually do while yelling at the offending smoker about how much they STINK!

But your post and point did make me laugh

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    No, ABSOLUTELY NOT! It's a filthly, disgusting, reluplsive act that sickens me to my core. I never have and never will!

I loathe smokers with every fiber of my being!
    I feel the same way.

Sure, we smokers smell, but so does the folks who dosn't shower!
    Do we make it illegal to be unhygienic? No, of course not!
    Some folks get sick by other peoples parfumes.
    Do we make perfumes illegal? No, of course not!

I can't stand the smell of lillies, but my neighbour loves 'em!
    Do we make lillies illegal? No, of course not!

What about public farting?!

... and I could go on, because human beings stink by nature!

What about the fatties? They are just as sick all the time,
    but do we make it illegal to be fat?!
    No, of course not!!!
    None of those things cause damage to the health of other people near them.

It's gross, it makes people who do it smell disgusting, it makes them ugly and it kills them as well as other people who are around them often enough.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I think the effects of smoking is disgusting! Clearly, its a health hazard and oral hygiene, but you'll be dropping a near $3,000- annually.

I don't see the logic for paying for something that is deterimental to your health and oral hygiene!
    Accept the unacceptable.

I'm not smoking! Never have, never will!

- Joni -

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Hey Squid. I'm a smoker too buddy!!

I with ya man.

I smoke up to a pack a day, and I don't smell, My breath isn't bad, and I'm a conciderate smoker. If there's a child, or somebody that I know doesn't like smoke, I'll stay away from them.

And I'm sorry, but to whoever said that they could smell the smoke from the car infront of them... Really? I find that impossible to believe. Unless there were 20 people in that car, all power smoking, there is no way that the smoke escaped their car, and went into yours. Even if you were tailgating them, that seems a little far fetched if you ask me.

Smokers aren't terrible people. I know I'm not, and Squid seems like a pretty good guy. I think it's aweful to "loathe" somebody just because they choose to smoke. I get so tired of being discrimated against just because I smoke.

And by the way, I'm a singer, and have been for many years, and smoking has NEVER hurt my voice. Not 1 bit. just saying.
    Last edited by JonnyTyler; January 25, 2010 at 06:48am.
    Please Give My Vintage Want To Buy List A Look: https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ge-Accessories
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Personally I find it vile. My brother does it and I wish he would stop.

But in NY the sales taxes are so high on them a lot of people have started quitting.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

I have never tried smoking. I have some pretty bad asthma so it would just be a mistake for me to even try.

My partner does but he is very considerate about it. Never in the house and never in my car. He's tried to quit but it doesnt seem to take.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyTyler View Post

I smoke up to a pack a day, and I don't smell, My breath isn't bad, and I'm a conciderate smoker. If there's a child, or somebody that I know doesn't like smoke, I'll stay away from them.

And I'm sorry, but to whoever said that they could smell the smoke from the car infront of them... Really? I find that impossible to believe. Unless there were 20 people in that car, all power smoking, there is no way that the smoke escaped their car, and went into yours. Even if you were tailgating them, that seems a little far fetched if you ask me.

Smokers aren't terrible people. I know I'm not, and Squid seems like a pretty good guy. I think it's aweful to "loathe" somebody just because they choose to smoke. I get so tired of being discrimated against just because I smoke.
    You most likely find it hard to believe that I can smell someone's smoke coming from the car in front of me because your sense of smell and taste has been retarded from your years of poision you've been putting into your body. When someone's window is cracked and they are blowing their smoke out of their window, it's very easy to tell if I have my vent's going in my car (which I almost always do because I'm a very hot natured person). You see, the vents draw the air from outside the car and blow it into the cabin of the car. And when the air outside of the car is full of cigarrette smoke, then that's what is going to get drawn into the cabin. But again, you probably would never notice because your sense of smell has probably been cut down to about 20%-30% of what it was before you ever started smoking.

I am however glad to hear how considerate of a smoker that you are. How good of you to blow your poison in a direction away from someone else's baby. You deserve a humanitarian award for your kind nature.

I am not saying that smokers are bad people, but they most certainly are making a bad decision.
    Last edited by starbasetoys; January 26, 2010 at 12:33am.

Let's not resort to personal attacks in this thread please. Keep it constructive. Thank you!
    -Jon

The First He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Where's a Waterworld clip when ya need one....Smooookers!!!!

I will say in squid's defense that perfumes can be as bad or worse.

Maybe it's just me because I've got a strong sense of smell but I've had a few co-workers that I could litterally not be in the room with for more than a few minutes because of the excessive perfumes/colognes they wore. I believe they did so to hide other scents (not bathing/alcohol on breath) but it smelled like they owned an entire tub of their scent and bathed in it.

I walked out of a movie one evening (crowded theater) because the guy behind me had some type of cologne on that was so strong my nose literally started burning.

JohnnyTyler- it's not that you stink personally or have halitosis. People can just smell the cigarette smell on your person and on your breath. You're pretty much immune to it by now so that you don't notice it yourself. It would be like working at a paper mill all your life. Eventually you'll get used to the smell while the new guy is gagging in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    But when it comes to a resteraunt or a bar, it should be allowed according to the owner and NOT the government. The individual should say "OK, I dont' like smoking, this bar allows smokers, I will instead go to this OTHER bar." and the bar owner should be allowed to say "I'm willing to lose customers to keep smoking an option." I feel that way about anything... smoking, food, whatever. I just hate Health-Nazis who look down their nose at someone who smokes, or is fat. I say mind your own business.
    Here in Denmark it's illegal to smoke in public bars and such over 40 km2,
    almost all bars and pubs are bigger than that.
    I think, well, most Danish smokers, would agree with you.
    Let the bar owner chose himself is he will allow smoking in HIS bar!
    It's so sad for all those bottumscrabing alcoholics,
    who used to come to these sleasy bars to get some company, they can't anymore,
    because they can't smoke. A beer always have to have company of a smoke ... or 5!

I hate comming into a discoteque these days; it smells like a good ol'fashioned cattle auction;
    sweat; bad breath; and bananasmoke ... so much for clean air!

Funny thing is, that most ppl always goes outside with the smokers,
    because that is where the real party is; smokers, like blondes; have all the fun!

The only place cigarettes are going to "take you" is to a town called LUNG CANCER CITY...and the sign will read "Population: You"! I'm not saying that I wish that upon you, but it's more than likely going to happen someday due to your own poor judgement.
    I know that; and I knew that when I started, but still, it's my right to choose so!
    We're all gonna die anyway, so why not have some fun while we're here?!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    I don't see the logic for paying for something that is deterimental to your health and oral hygiene!
    I have perfect oral hygine, and some good white teeth.
    I usually use gum after smoking.
    Coffee drinkers have the vilest, most disgusting breath of all! Eeew!

Hey Squid. I'm a smoker too buddy!!

I with ya man.
    Finally, someone else who dares to stand by his rights and come clean here,
    where the witchhunt is beyond compare..!
    More power to ya!

I am however glad to hear how considerate of a smoker that you are. How good of you to blow your poison in a direction away from someone else's baby. You deserve a humanitarian award for your kind nature.
    WOW, you just don't stop, huh? You really loathe us! Jeez!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    Let's not resort to personal attacks in this thread please. Keep it constructive. Thank you!
    Sorry, I just couldn't let it be, I have to defend my sorry ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Where's a Waterworld clip when ya need one....Smooookers!!!!
    Hell yeah! Hilarious!
    Armageddon will soon be here,
    the sinners will meet their fate.
    But I am calm and without fear,
    as I feed upon my hate.

Hell yeah! Hilarious!
    It is actually if you are think of the same scene I am!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Ryno View Post
    I guess it all depends on what you speak of.
    Ditto. I used to smoke cigarettes all the time in college, then it became a bar-only thing, but I quit shortly after I graduated.

Yeah, I think 10 cigarettes a day is a casual smoker, I start smoking again last 2 years after holding up for 3 years. I really hate when someone says to me, Stop Smoking, and I usually says "Can you handle my pressure?". It usually translate that do not judge or say something without filling in my shoes, I handle my own pressure thank you.

Playing a three-hour Rush show is like running a marathon while solving equations.

Yeah I smoke. But only outside. I do not smoke anywhere near my toys as I do not want to pick up a toy and smell smoke. I smoke about a pack a day sometimes more. Sometimes less. I guess when it comes to the smell people around me don't notice as much since I smoke outside. Though sometimes I admit the smell from a cigarette on my hand will make me feel icky. I would love to quit the problem is usually people think they have the right to harass me and make things worse for myself when I try. Some people have to understand it is not easy to quit and everyone will have a different way to handle things.
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I'm sorry, but just because you can't believe it doesn't mean it's not true. I don't know how else to explain the situation: I start smelling smoke in my car, I wonder where it's coming from, then a cig butt gets tossed out the window of the car in front of me. Where else is the smell coming from?

I'm not saying you shouldn't smoke in your own car. I don't run into the problem that often, but it does happen.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Don't smoke, never did, never really liked it.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Where the sun comes up about 10 in the morning
    And the sun goes down about 3 in day
    Where you fill your cup with whatever bitter brew you're drinking
    And you spend your life thinking about how to get away."
    - Darrell Scott, "You'll never leave Harlan alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm sorry, but just because you can't believe it doesn't mean it's not true. I don't know how else to explain the situation: I start smelling smoke in my car, I wonder where it's coming from, then a cig butt gets tossed out the window of the car in front of me. Where else is the smell coming from?

Exactly! Again I'll say that the person you are responding to can't believe it because they can't smell at anywhere close to the capacity that most non-smokers can. They've deadened their sense of smell and taste so horribly by their repulsive habit.

The results of this poll crack me up. Way different than any other forum I've been on. I'm not really all that familiar with the "toy collecting" community, but at the same time I should have expected large numbers of straight-laced people to be on a toy-collecting forum.

There's some extremely judgmental BS going on in here. Smoking isn't a habit guys, it's an addiction. The only thing worse than a holier-than-thou ex-smokers (a rare species, but they can be annoying when encountered), are holier-than-thou non-smokers who have no idea what they're talking about when they spew their hate and vitriol.

In sum, until you've experienced trying to quit smoking, please don't judge.

And keep breathing in that diesel exhaust that is somehow nicer than the smell of tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    The results of this poll crack me up. Way different than any other forum I've been on. I'm not really all that familiar with the "toy collecting" community, but at the same time I should have expected large numbers of straight-laced people to be on a toy-collecting forum.

There's some extremely judgmental BS going on in here. Smoking isn't a habit guys, it's an addiction. The only thing worse than a holier-than-thou ex-smokers (a rare species, but they can be annoying when encountered), are holier-than-thou non-smokers who have no idea what they're talking about when they spew their hate and vitriol.

In sum, until you've experienced trying to quit smoking, please don't judge.

And keep breathing in that diesel exhaust that is somehow nicer than the smell of tobacco.
    Yes, medically speaking it's an addiction. And I'm sure that it is difficult to quit....but those who try and can't are just weak in my book! They don't have a strong enough desire and/or will power to want to quit. They also are very foolish and show very poor judgment for smoking in the first place. And it's also true that a person has every right to do whatever they want, so long as they don't infringe anyone else's life, liberty, or pursuit of happiness.

But when I'm breathing someone's second-hand smoke, my life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness are being attacked.

- My life is being shortened by breathing their poison.
    - My liberty to breath cleaner air is being attacked.
    - And my pursuit of happiness is being attacked because breathing stinky, nasty cigarrette smoke doesn't make me happy at all!

Just as smokers claim they have rights to smoke if they want, I have a right to not have to smell their stink! It works both ways!

And for the record...not only do I not smoke, but I also don't drink, don't do drugs, and never have tried any of them! I have better sense than do that to myself or those around me
    Last edited by starbasetoys; January 25, 2010 at 04:04pm.