Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think of NA in MOTUC now?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm very pleased with Optikk, and I'll buy him !

I wonder how cool Flogg, Slushead, Quakke, Sagitar, Darius or Karatti will be...

Honestly, I hope we'll get many more 80's figures before these, though... I was really pleased with Tytus and Whiplash, for instance.

I began to watch the NA cartoon, and honestly, I find it a bit slow too... and I HATE that Skeletor is a buffoon in NA.

So if they do change the NA part in the bios, I couldn't care less. I don't buy figures for the bio, anyway.

I'm also happy that Skeletor beats Hordak, but that's personal.

My opinion of the cartoon hasn't changed, I hate it. The mini comics that came with NA were a different story, those were fairly cool and related the lines. I like the NA story if they keep with the comics and continue to churn out figs the same way in Classics.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Optikk looks awesome!
    Even better than I expected, I can't wait for more New Adventures in MOTUC
    I can't wait for NA He-Man, Flogg, Slushead, Flipshot & Darius!
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I've always been open to NA in MOTUC's. Optikk looks great and I'm sure many of the others will be cool too. I am not looking forward to so of the NA characters though (example - scientists, and other random humans).

Heroic Warrior
    I'm loving Optikk! AndI can't wait to see more NA figures in the Classics line! I was anxious to see how a NA figure would turn outand now that we've seen OptikkI'm sold.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Now that we have seen Optikk finished and his bio have you changed your mind about NA characters in MOTUC?

I really want to know. What do you think of NA so far?
    I think it's everything I've ever wanted it to be: figures that look like they belong in MOTU!!!

As for the bio, some people have been far too vitriolic towards it... for now. It is vague enough that Toyguru can gauge reaction to it and then decide whether or not to add time travel.

As Jack pointed out (in the NA forum?), Mattel wanted him to set it in the future to remove the line from the original. In hindsight, maybe not what they should have done, and it's also the polar opposite of what this line is trying to do: be inclusive.

NA to MOTU is just as bad as when Coy and Vance took over for Bo and Luke on the Dukes Of Hazzard!

Seriously, I hate NA. I have no quarrels on the figures though, but I just don't have any ties to the characters to really, really like them. MOTUC can change my attitude on that, because I really like the Optikk figure.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    NA to MOTU is just as bad as when Coy and Vance took over for Bo and Luke on the Dukes Of Hazzard!

Seriously, I hate NA. I have no quarrels on the figures though, but I just don't have any ties to the characters to really, really like them. MOTUC can change my attitude on that, because I really like the Optikk figure.
    Bonus points for that Coy & Vance reference! But it's not like Optikk has the exact same color scheme as Tri-Klops.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I always thought Coy and Vance got a bad rap.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    That's about how I feel too. I almost want an Optikk figure and I know I should really hate what it stands for because NA wasn't the MOTU I knew and loved. Tying them into the story along with the work of the Four Horsemen may actually warm me up more to the NA stuff. I guess we'll see...
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Not really a fan of the original source material, I didn't even really know the line even existed as kid. Like I think i may have seen Goofy skeletor at a toy store. But i don't have any memories of it. Didn't own a figure, don't remember seeing any toys at toy stores. Never saw the cartoon.

Cause after MOTU i lLost intrest and bought other toys like TMNT exosquad, spawn, star wars...hadn't really thought about anything motu related till they did the classic figures re-issues, I liked those, i came very close to getting them.

When i started getting back in tnto MOTU stuff and checking out stuff online i saw it, and was like what the hells that crap?

When they said we were getting a NA figure, i wasnt big on it, I was contemplating skipping it Cause I have my original toy line collecting rule when the line started that i don't abide by anymore. My thoughts were I'm not a fan of the source material but I'm sure the horsemen will make a really well done figure no matter what.

And they did, even if i didn't have a sub I'd probably pick up Opt, he's a really well done figure. After seeing him, I do think theres some stuff that has potential mostly bad guys tho, i think allot of the NA good guys are kinda lame. I just see them as a group like the horde and the snakemen. It's funny cause thats how i figured i'd have them in my collection, then mattel made "the space mutants" subdivision.

I'd be down with like 4 or 5 mutants over time and skeletor and he-man with maybe 1 or two good guys. But they arn't my active super wants...

[horde and snakemen waaaahhhh]

Gotta say I don't care for NA. It was past my MoTU phase as a kid, and even then I remember thinking of it as being kind of stupid. But to each their own....

The figure is decent enough and a good update of the original. I'd have contemplated buying it if I knew it wasn't going to be such a hassle. But as such I don't care nearly enough for anything NA related to make any effort to get them.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    EXACTLY!!!

Oh, and CarKrash, read my Bio-Narrative thread! I edited all the bios together into a streaming narrative, trying to put it into some sembance of order. I have to add Optikk's though.
    I'm a fan and enjoy!! I read it again every so often when a few characters are released.!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I appreciate what they are doing. NA needed to be tweaked a little and it looks like they are doing just that.

I like the idea of a possible Horde vs Mutants war.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I never even knew about NA growing up - it came out during my teenage, non-toy years. But Optikk looks awesome and I'm all for the compilation of all the MOTU mythologies into one unified Universe.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    not having any ties to NA from my childhood I was always open to NA being included in the classics line.

After seeing optikk I'm even more excited to get an NA he-man and skeletor

The more the motu the better...even if they pull it from a lesser popular era

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    I'm a fan and enjoy!! I read it again every so often when a few characters are released.!
    Thanks, pal!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Now that we have seen Optikk finished and his bio have you changed your mind about NA characters in MOTUC?

I really want to know. What do you think of NA so far?
    I always loved NA as much as I loved any other MOTU era. MOTUC is just another facet of this great show.

I have always liked NA toys, cartoon and comics but prefered the idea from the old uk comics that Primus was another planet but not in the future so id be happy if thats what they have done with classics.
    Its nice to see Skeletor defeat Hordak. Im sure Hordak will be back for those who are worried and complain about Hordaks defeat. In the 2002 cartoon people complained that King Hiss defeated Skeletor so easily, now they complain Skeletor defeated Hordak. Someone has to defeat someone lol. Be boring if it stayed a stalemate forever and its not like it says Hordak is dead and gone forever.