Thread: KG's Lion should come with an alternate KG flowing cape...

KG's Lion should come with an alternate KG flowing cape...

I've been perusing some of the threads on beasts, specifically the dinosaurs and how some characters would ride them, He-ro's cape getting in the way, etc...

It got me thinking--if they make King Grayskull's lion, it ought to include an alternate cape for KG to wear that flows over it and drapes nicely. That way KG wouldn't have this stiff sheet resting on his lion's behind when he's sitting up there.

That's a good idea. Shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Thanks! Of course, maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part that we'll even see KG's lion...but here's hoping.

I wouldn't care that much about the cape, because I'd be a very happy camper if we actually get the great Battle Lion of King Grayskull!

Here's the picture I use for King Grayskull's Bio:
    MOTU WANTS: Songster "Kevin Corrigan", Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist

But KG's cape is not removable. And we don't know how the new KG will look like. Maybe we won't need a new cape.

This is a really cool idea!

The fact the King Grayskull's Re-issue has a removable red cape makes it even simpler to just unhook his current cape and attach a new one that should come with Battle Lion.

King Grayskull's current capes are way too hard to offer any movement and a newly sculpted cape that has that blown back look would be awesome. I hope Battle Lion comes with a brown version cape similar to his SDCC release (sorry to the fans of the Red Cape).
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Starburst She-ra (vintage toy variant)
    2. Hunga the Harpy
    3. Gold God Skeletor (movie skeletor)
    4. 200X Evil-Lyn
    5. Lady Slither

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    That's an awesome idea! Like it's blowing in the wind...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Yogopop View Post
    King Grayskull's current capes are way too hard to offer any movement and a newly sculpted cape that has that blown back look would be awesome. I hope Battle Lion comes with a brown version cape similar to his SDCC release (sorry to the fans of the Red Cape).
    I agree there are too many characters with red capes, I'd love to see Battle Lion come with a flexible brown version of the re-issue cape.

This would be easy for Mattel to do.

There is no new tooling cost really. Well maybe a little... But they can just modify the current mold for his cape, which they've done with other pieces in other lines, and attach a cloth cape for KG.

Honestly, this should be done for every steed whose rider has an inflexible cape.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

That's a really cool idea! Personally, I'd rather have a windswept cape for everyone just like Marzo's hair.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    IS A MUST HAVE.

Im tired of non flexible capes on characters. They need to ride the beasts.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Brilliant idea! He-Ro needs this too so that he can ride Turbodactyl.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    This is an amazing idea!

Too bad PEDHe-man will likely never ride Bionotops no matter what.
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    This is an amazing idea!

Too bad PEDHe-man will likely never ride Bionotops no matter what.
    There is always PED He-Man 2.0 Look at She-Ra... She couldn't ride her horsie and now she gets a 2.0 with horsie riding powers!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Warrior
    This here is the reason why I think they should have made fabrics capes from day one.

With fabrics, you wouldn't have had that problem : the capes would have been soft and "pliable" enough to fit most of the mounts, creatures AND vehicles.

Will they have to produce a new King Grayskull (or He-Ro) variant so they can ride their creature, just the same way they went with Swiftwind, creating a She-Ra variant that would be able to ride her mount because She-Ra 1.0 had not been designed cleverly enough to do so ?

This becomes just another bad marketing policy. I know I won't buy variants just so they can ride their mount. Make figures who will be able to ride their mounts and creatures FROM THE START, Mattel, or I won't buy the creature and won't spend money on the "rider variant" either.
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 13, 2011 at 04:15pm.

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Great idea! Maybe as secret or special accessory...
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

I think this is an awesome idea!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Good idea cause I won't buy extra figures.

Best idea I've read in a long time!!!!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Best idea I've read in a long time!!!!
    I couldn´t agree more.
    This definetly is a must have!
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I think they should include some capes in the Weapons Packs. A black version of Keldor's cape would be good for example, and a non-flocked correctly colored King Grayskull cape would be good there too (freeing up space in the Battle Lion box for new accessories).

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    It got me thinking--if they make King Grayskull's lion, it ought to include an alternate cape for KG to wear that flows over it and drapes nicely. That way KG wouldn't have this stiff sheet resting on his lion's behind when he's sitting up there.
    That's an absolutely inspired idea! The re-release of KG has a removable cape, and this would be a perfect accommodation for him to be able to ride his mount in style.

There are a lot of really good ideas on this forum; Mattel, take note!!!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'd be happy with this solution for KG if we ever got Battle Lion.