Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serpos as a giant figure, what do you think?

Meh. I love 200x but Serpos isn't even on my radar. I have a good stand in for him. The Harry Potter Basilisk.

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    It would be great if they could make it the size it should be, but we know they won't. A giant Snake would be cool. I wouldn't mind if they retooled the Harry Potter Basilisk that Steph linked to if they just wanted to make a giant snake...
    It would be pointless IMO to make Serpos so small...Perhaps the Son of Serpos?

http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Meh. I love 200x but Serpos isn't even on my radar. I have a good stand in for him. The Harry Potter Basilisk.
    I was just about to post the same thing. The Basilisk is a pretty good match to the snake men figures. But... If they offered a Serpos I'd be all over it. I loved the 200X Snake Men story.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I like a snake-god for the Snakemen.
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; February 24, 2010 at 09:36am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Id buy 2!!!!

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    It would RULE and I'd buy it. With them releasing large scale beasts I think he's totally do-able.

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar

SERPOS in MOTUC

Hey everyone!

I really liked the how the MYP cartoon series handled the history of Snake Mountain and the Snakemen's connection to it.
    For those unfamiliar with that story, here's a short summary:

The snake of Snake Mountain actually once was a god called SERPOS, a gigantic Hydra that was able to spit lava and destroyed whole cities. The Elders and Zodak (as far as I remember) managed to defeat him. They smashed him into the mountains of the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia and imprisoned the god by fusing him with the rocks. Snake Mountain was created.
    Centuries later the Snakemen were freed by Kobra Khan and Evil Lyn. King Hiss managed to get the ring of SERPOS, an ancient artifact. He used it to reanimate the snake god, who began to attack the Eternian Palace, only to be defeated by He-Man after a hard battle.

I really like that story. The Snakemen finally got a beast added to their ranks
    (I don't count the MOTU dinosaurs). That being said I noticed that we actually always had a "figure" of the snake god. Sure, the snake wasn't supposed to be SERPOS then and he got two more heads in MYP but adding that background story really adds to the mythology of MOTU in my opinion.

Now one could argue that a SERPOS would be WAY to big to be made for MOTUC. Well, regarding the size of the vintage snake in comparison to the vintage figures, a MOTUC version wouldn't need to be THAT enormous.
    So it would still be possible to get a giant snake. Just imagine a big three-headed snake in the style of the vintage Snake Mountain creature behind your Snakemen figures.
    Here's a quick manipulation I made:

So, what do you guys think about SERPOS in MOTUC ?
    Do you want him?
    How should he be done?

Greetings,
    DB
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; April 22, 2011 at 02:18am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    love to have serpos... but the scale wouldn't be large enough if it were made. and who has space to fit serpos & all their motu collection? would people be fine with a scale that is a bit bigger than tytus?

How about an in scale head a figure could stand on and needs to be hung to the wall on top of a 3-4 feet high poster?
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

johaneggink@gmail.com

I totally support a SERPOS Figure!!!! I would love it!!

It could be made as a convention exclusive and if it has good acceptance make them available to Matty. They could be of rubbery plastic, empty inside to reduce costs.
    I am currently accepting commissions for custom figures, just PM me with your project
    See my other customs at; http://www.figurerealm.com/ViewCustoms.php?UID=5291 and see my MOTU customs in these videos;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXzl-Y0jJ8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI33jTcfuKc
    My blog; http://argenta-2008customs.blogspot.com/

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I want and would buy serpos

I would love a Serpos but I doubt it will happen. In the meantime I will continue to use this as my Serpos:

View my collection and customs HERE!

I don't see Serpos working as a figure. He was more of a plot device than a character. Just make Snake Mountain and the snake is already included.

I would love a Serpos in MOTUC even if it was a background or base accesory.
    Hey jerec is that snake from the Harry Potter toyline?
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Snakes give me the willies, so I don't care one way or the other.

But does anyone expect them to make a snake that meets anyone's size, cost, and articulation requirements?
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I, too, use the snake from the Potter line for the Snakemen (and, yes, that photo is him). Seems a near perfect fit, not too big, and appropriately nasty looking.

Not really big on a Serpos, to be honest. I love the Snake Men, but feel the big snake god takes away a bit from Hiss in a way. I think there are more interesting creatures in Eternia to make figures from.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    As much as I like stuff from MYP, I wouldn't really want a Serpos. I'd rather have a Snake Mountain diorama, and then I could be secure in the knowledge that I have an imprisoned Serpos.
    Agree, a Snake Mountain would be much more awesome that Serpos. If Serpso was to scale it would be super expensive too.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Go to toys r us, buy 3 bendy snakes for 6 bucks each and paint black DONE!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

I would be all over this. I think Serpos would have a broad appeal beyond MOTUC collectors, similar to Vikor.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    Man, they could never do Serpos in a scale that would do it justice. The thing's petrified body is Snake Mountain.

I think it could happen...just not in the scale of MYP's Snake Mountain.

Serpos in Classics would have to be a Tytus or Granamyr style snake. Imagine the vintage Snake Mountain Snake coming off the playset and getting two extra heads.

Think of it as an avatar of the real thing.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

How about a Serpos "Reborn"?
    Using the Bio to justify the smaller size, by whatever means like:
    a Spawn of Serpos with Serpos' soul/mind/will linked to it, or a smaller sized clone, or whatever...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Warrior
    They already have one...

http://www.fakerubbersnakes.com/cobra.htm

Just add a couple of heads.

Seriously, I wouldn't want one. It's a giant snake.

1) It would NEVER be big enough. I was always disappointed with Snake mountain since... yknow... He-man and skeletor are supposed to fight inside the giant mouth... it was too tiny...

and fragile with the bridge rails and chains... but that's a whole different complaint.

2) It's just a snake... And like the link shows, there are a TONS of giant toy snakes out there. I don't need a MOTU specific one that wouldn't live up to the requirements to be called 'Serpos'. It's easier to just get an off brand snake and make your own... it'll be bigger, and heaven knows it'll be CHEAPER.

MOTU Addict/Horde Wannabe Spikewolfe's Avatar
    I think Serpos would best be handled as part of a future MOTUC Snake Mountain set. If scaled to playset (MOTUC size) size, it would still be large, but not insanely large (Like a 1:1 scale Serpos to MOTUC figure scale would be). You could have it removable from the rest of the playset, with removable heads so Snake Mountain can be displayed with one head (Skeletor in charge), or all three (King Hsss in charge), or with no snake (Serpos at large!).

As they say, go big or go home. Since they can not affordably do Serpos right and to scale deserved, I do not want the tooling money wasted. Save it for a Snake Mountain playset with a removable Serpos. And if they want to make a $300 Grayskull the size of the Neca Door, Snake Mountain to be bigger.