Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Serpos as a giant figure, what do you think?

i'd be down for that, definitly would be cool on display!

Could somebody post a pic of that Basilik with Motuc King Hssss standing side by side??
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think it could happen...just not in the scale of MYP's Snake Mountain.

Serpos in Classics would have to be a Tytus or Granamyr style snake. Imagine the vintage Snake Mountain Snake coming off the playset and getting two extra heads.

Think of it as an avatar of the real thing.
    Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Of course Serpos could never be as big as he was in MYP. But the vintage "Serpos" wasn't either.
    And I don't need him to be MYP-enormous. If he was a bit bigger than Tytus he'd be great in my opinion.

And I for sure don't think of a Serpos figure as a cheap supermarket toy that wouldn't suffice in detail or style. Just look at Battle Cat or Gy-Gor and imagine that kind of detail on a giant snake.
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Nah, not a character I'm really wanting. I'm all for the snake men, but I don't need this guy.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    YES ! I'd like a Serpos figure ! A huge one, with 3 heads, and ARTICULATED (no bendy stuff, or I pass).

I want Serpos to add in my collection!!!!
    http://simongrell.co.uk/

Great transactions with : Royalt1us, dark knight, masterenglish, TIN, Dagodfather, He-Ryno, Son of Keldor, Sdilks, nemesis154, pain, bobtheodd, joseephus, Patreek, 2-bad, MldMnrdReporter, Facelessone101, Xantor, Mern-Ra, Shenlon, Troy-Klpos.

Well, TG did say that Granymyr would be bigger than the giants, so I think as far as a toy goes, about that size would be cool. That's the size Serpos would be if he went through the Classicizer machine!

Now thinking of a Granymyr vs Serpos smackdown!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    10 No point in a scaled-down Serpos
    20 Full-size Serpos is too big to make on MotUC budget
    30 If the budget for something of that size DID become available, people would prefer Castle Grayskull or a proper Snake Mountain
    40 GOTO 10

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Now thinking of a Granymyr vs Serpos smackdown!
    GRANAMYR used REALM OF DEMONS.
    It's super-effective!
    A critical hit!
    SERPOS is banished to the Realm of Demons.

I'd pay $40 for a giant Serpos, why wouldn't anybody?
    Love, friendship, or respect, do not unite people as much as a common hatred for something.
    I never think of the future. It comes soon enough.

Serpos would make an excellent (if pricey) SDCC Exclusive!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Scaly photo artist Dragonblaster's Avatar
    People should stop seeing a MOTUC Serpos so narrow-minded. Of course there's no way he could be made in MYP-scale. Where would you put a creature THAT big ? The garden?!
    And take a look at other big characters. The MOTUC Tytus for example isn't even as big as his vintage figure!
    Seriously, if Ghostbusters fans would be that nitpicky about the size of the Marshmallow Man they would never get one (the one made by NECA is big but nowhere near as BIG as the movie counterpart).

We already got a Serpos in the vintage line and he isn't nearly as big as the MYP one. A compromise between the two sizes would be great. Bigger than Tytus for sure.
    Serpos as part of Snake Mountain wouldn't be the same though, as he would need two more heads. Plus I highly doubt we'll ever see a MOTUC Snake Mountain Playset...
    Press down on dragon's head. It sprays enemies with a jet of water!
    Press down on a camera's shutter release. It will take pictures that tell stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    People should stop seeing a MOTUC Serpos so narrow-minded. Of course there's no way he could be made in MYP-scale. Where would you put a creature THAT big ? The garden?!
    And take a look at other big characters. The MOTUC Tytus for example isn't even as big as his vintage figure!
    Seriously, if Ghostbusters fans would be that nitpicky about the size of the Marshmallow Man they would never get one (the one made by NECA is big but nowhere near as BIG as the movie counterpart).

We already got a Serpos in the vintage line and he isn't nearly as big as the MYP one. A compromise between the two sizes would be great. Bigger than Tytus for sure.
    Serpos as part of Snake Mountain wouldn't be the same though, as he would need two more heads. Plus I highly doubt we'll ever see a MOTUC Snake Mountain Playset...
    Well said. The same can be said for Granymyr, that guys freaking huge, but noones saying he shouldn't be made until they can make one as tall as a house!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvertz View Post
    Hey jerec is that snake from the Harry Potter toyline?
    Yes it is. I know it doesn't have 3 heads but it fits in just fine with my snake men figures.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

If Serpos and Granamyr were as tall as either vintage Viper Tower or 200x Castle Grayskull I think most people would be happy with the scale.

That's bigger than Unicron for Choloh's sake!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Well said. The same can be said for Granymyr, that guys freaking huge, but noones saying he shouldn't be made until they can make one as tall as a house!
    Granamyr's nowhere near as big as Serpos.

He's maybe three times as tall as She-Ra in his characteristic seated position. Even if they compromised that a bit, so he was 2.5x as tall as She-Ra (and TG said Granamyr would be bigger than Tytus, and hinted he'd be $60, the top of the beast-price bracket).

Serpos is 10x that size.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Granamyr's nowhere near as big as Serpos.

He's maybe three times as tall as She-Ra in his characteristic seated position. Even if they compromised that a bit, so he was 2.5x as tall as She-Ra (and TG said Granamyr would be bigger than Tytus, and hinted he'd be $60, the top of the beast-price bracket).

Serpos is 10x that size.
    Serpos is the three headed version of the vintage Snake Mountain Snake. The Classicized version of that snake would probably be Tytus sized and way smaller than the MYP snake. Procrustus and the MYP Giants are also going to be shrunk down.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Reminds me of one of my favorite oversized snakes...

Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar

THAT is a weird coincidence. I just scored that Harry Potter Basilisk playset LAST NIGHT. I had no idea it looked that good out of the box...

Now we know we will get Granamyr at the end of the next year and it will be new bigger scale for MOTUC, and I'm sure it will sell fast, this could possibly open the doors for a Serpos figure?
    What you guys think?
    My Feedback

God save the Queen Zhal!

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    Now we know we will get Granamyr at the end of the next year and it will be new bigger scale for MOTUC, and I'm sure it will sell fast, this could possibly open the doors for a Serpos figure?
    What you guys think?
    Exactly, go big or go home. Serpos has to be an $80 figure like Granamyr or bigger. I mean he is a mountain after all, and be able to stand next to or larger than Castle Grayskull.

Would be cool if they think ahead on these things and try and find a way to incorporate Snake Moutain with Serpos individually yet together. Like they know people want thrones, why make it where no one can sit down in them. Sorceress, Randor, Marlena.

Widget

Serpos

Id buy it .

Serpos would be cool, but not so soon after the Griffin, IMO.

Although he'd be a 100% tool, he could reuse some of his own parts- namely heads (he had three) and perhaps body pieces.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

I don't think you can just sell anything at $80. Grannymyr has existed for 30 years at least in fan's minds. He had a personality too boot. Serpos is a giant snake beast who made a couple of appearances ten years ago. Is he going to be worth the same $80 to the majority?

I'd prefer a $40 Serpos the size of Tytus.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I don't think you can just sell anything at $80. Grannymyr has existed for 30 years at least in fan's minds. He had a personality too boot. Serpos is a giant snake beast who made a couple of appearances ten years ago. Is he going to be worth the same $80 to the majority?

I'd prefer a $40 Serpos the size of Tytus.
    Yep, I agree. Tytus size, anything else would be too large for my collection. However, it would be cool either way I think.