Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Snake Armor He-man Speculation Thread

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    I thought SA He-man was the worst thing about the 200x series. Everytime I saw a new episode, I'd be praying that he was back in his normal gear, but he wasn't...Am I the only one who thinks SA is loony?
    Not at all. (And the Snakemen-centric episodes of the MYP cartoon were horrible to a fault for more reasons than just that)

The Snake Armor figures is what killed the last line for me. So I'm in no rush

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'd like to get Ice Armor He-Man more, but SA He-Man seems like a sure thing to happen at some point. I'd guess he'll appear when we start getting Snake Men.
    I like Snake Armor the most but the Ice Armor one is great as well. I'd love to get both armors.

No offense to those who want He-Man in his many costumes - but I hope I speak for the majority when I say that I don't want He-Man variations to start being released with frequency.

I especially think that these variations should NOT be part of the main line of releases. they should be "bonus" material.

That said, if ANY variation would be released - SA He-Man would be at the top of my list for figures wanted in this vein.

Ice armor He-man was thiiiiiiis close to being awesome. He had cool barbarian furry boots, a cloak...and a big chunk of faux ice crystal on his frickin shoulder! Sigh. They took a rough and tumble, sword and sorcery costume and made it into Lady Gaga lite.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They will at least get two uses out of Snake Armor He-Man, unless SA He-Man comes with two heads...one for King Grayskull and one for He-Man. It would be easier to sell the SA that way, instead of wasting a bonus slot by producing the same figure, but with a new head. The bio on the back could talk about how King Grayskull originally wore this armor, but now Adam is wearing it.

I've asked Toyguru about the paint on a "200X He-Man". I want to see if Mattel is going to paint the He-Man buck's bracelets, boots and loincloth to the 200X colors. I hope I get an answer soon.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

When SA He-Man was first released, that was my definitive He-Man for the longest time. As time went on though, I'd go back and forth between SA, BA, and the original. Those are the only looks that I like and care about.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    They will at least get two uses out of Snake Armor He-Man, unless SA He-Man comes with two heads...one for King Grayskull and one for He-Man. It would be easier to sell the SA that way, instead of wasting a bonus slot by producing the same figure, but with a new head. The bio on the back could talk about how King Grayskull originally wore this armor, but now Adam is wearing it.
    That is an excellent idea. 2 figs in one.... Taking the TJ/Kronis concept to the next level. SA He-Man would be a sure sell-out with that concept.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

I heartily endorse a Snake Armor He-Man being included in this line! He was a great version.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    I would kill for a SA He-Man done in the Classics style.

Snake Armor He-Man was IMHO the best He-Man sculpt we got in 200X next to Ice Armor, not to mention I loved the decos on both variants.
    So Heck Yes! Matty Definitely need to do Snake Armor He-Man, and later on maybe in 2012 an Ice Armor version.

If we're talking classics (we're not but I want to) I really want a Thunder punch, and Laser Light variants.

Quote Originally Posted by HE-Fan78 View Post
    Snake Armor He-Man was IMHO the best He-Man sculpt we got in 200X next to Ice Armor, not to mention I loved the decos on both variants.
    So Heck Yes! Matty Definitely need to do Snake Armor He-Man, and later on maybe in 2012 an Ice Armor version.

If we're talking classics (we're not but I want to) I really want a Thunder punch, and Laser Light variants.

Totally agree
    Same Opinion !

Heroic Warrior
    Snake Armor He-Man is a design that I actually liked (and I'm in NO way a variants afficionado).

I think what I liked about it, is that it seemed to be inspired from a gladiator armor, giving He-Man a bit more protection, and this more warlike appearance.

If there's just ONE He-Man variant from 200x I'd like to see, it's probably Snake Armor He-Man !

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Sign me up for SA He-Man. I remember towards the end of the vintage line imagining what a more paladin-esque HM would be like ...... Then I got it!

Hey Everyone,

I would really love it if Snake Armour He-Man became the quarterly figure offered the same month that King Hsss took the figure of the month slot. I really think it would be fantastic if they coincided the release in the "MotU:C" line.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Please, give the Toy Power Podcast a chance: Here we speak with Brian Flynn, owner of Super7 https://omny.fm/shows/toy-power/113-...-power!podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto View Post
    Hey Everyone,

I would really love it if Snake Armour He-Man became the quarterly figure offered the same month that King Hsss took the figure of the month slot. I really think it would be fantastic if they coincided the release in the "MotU:C" line.

Take Care,
    Darren
    That would be a great idea for a cross-sell between the regular figure and the bonus.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I want a SA He-Man in this line too.

No SA He-Man for me.

I hated that design. I'd rather have another "classic" He-Man variant like Thunder Punch.

Anybody up for a Spin-Blade He-Man?

Well A MOTUC SNAKE ARMOR He-Man could be done... but it would need to lose the "anime flair" and reuse a boatload of parts... (don't see mattel giving us a 100% accurate MOTUC SAHM)
    Pseudo Recipe full of parts reuse for a MOTUC SA He-Man:
    Head = He-Man
    Torso = He-Man (Flesh)
    Abs =He-Man (Silver)
    Left Arm = Triklops (Flesh)
    Right Arm = (Silver)
    Loincloth = Marzo repainted in SAHM colors
    Left thigh = He-Man (Flesh)
    Right thigh = He-Man (Silver)
    Lower Legs = Trap Jaw
    Feet = He-Ro
    Chest Harness,Shoulder Armor (worn on bicep like Beastman's arm armor), Right Arm Clamp (Clip on) would be the only new pieces. He'd get another reuse of the 200X techno sword in new colors (or the Vintage power sword.)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

THE OP the Matrix refused stprime's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Well A MOTUC SNAKE ARMOR He-Man could be done... but it would need to lose the "anime flair" and reuse a boatload of parts... (don't see mattel giving us a 100% accurate MOTUC SAHM)
    Pseudo Recipe full of parts reuse for a MOTUC SA He-Man:
    Head = He-Man
    Torso = He-Man (Flesh)
    Abs =He-Man (Silver)
    Left Arm = Triklops (Flesh)
    Right Arm = (Silver)
    Loincloth = Marzo repainted in SAHM colors
    Left thigh = He-Man (Flesh)
    Right thigh = He-Man (Silver)
    Lower Legs = Trap Jaw
    Feet = He-Ro
    Chest Harness,Shoulder Armor (worn on bicep like Beastman's arm armor), Right Arm Clamp (Clip on) would be the only new pieces. He'd get another reuse of the 200X techno sword in new colors (or the Vintage power sword.)
    awesome, i was going to post and see if we could come up with a recipe using what we have allready.

i don't think tj legs will work. unless i'm crazy, which is very likely, the tops of his boots are molded into his leg/knee part. only sa heman's right leg is covered so if you stay true to his 200X design he'd end up with two different looking boots. I say just just use hero's boots. Also, what about using maa's arm armor? i don't remember which arm it's on, but isn't it flippable? Also, for the chest/shoulder harness, they could use trapjaw's larger piece as a base and just add the logo and strap that wraps around him, also allowing for a place to hold sword.

ok, so who wants/can photoshop this?
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    Evil, it's just sooo much easier.....
    FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Minor View Post
    I would kill for a SA He-Man done in the Classics style.
    Ditto.

I know at first it took some time to get use to him on the show but after a few episodes it just felt necessary for this armor. I would like him as a bonus, as should all variations of characters. He should also be a month where a snakeman is being released.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by stprime View Post
    awesome, i was going to post and see if we could come up with a recipe using what we have allready.

i don't think tj legs will work. unless i'm crazy, which is very likely, the tops of his boots are molded into his leg/knee part. only sa heman's right leg is covered so if you stay true to his 200X design he'd end up with two different looking boots. I say just just use hero's boots. Also, what about using maa's arm armor? i don't remember which arm it's on, but isn't it flippable? Also, for the chest/shoulder harness, they could use trapjaw's larger piece as a base and just add the logo and strap that wraps around him, also allowing for a place to hold sword.

ok, so who wants/can photoshop this?
    I wasn't going for FULL accuracy to the character. I was going with how close can we get to the character with what we already have. (counting the upcoming Marzo since Mattel already has the tools for that fig.) The only references I used was a SA He-man pic form this topic and a couple of MOTUC and MOTUC pics.
    I din't use the MAA arm armor becuase it's designed for a left shoulder and wouldn't look as good on the right...
    The TrapJaw boots have a design closer to the shinguards on the SAHM pic from this topic, but He-Ro's could be used as well.
    That's a nice idea about Using TJ's Chest armor and a new harness...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

THE OP the Matrix refused stprime's Avatar
    well, if we are deviating, we could flip the armored arm to his left arm so maa's armor would work.

seriously, somebody photoshop this. i'm going to make a thread in the art section and see it someone will do it.

well i made a thread and here's what we have so far...

Last edited by stprime; March 24, 2010 at 10:17am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I invent, transform, create, and destroy for a living, and when I don't like something I change it."
    Evil, it's just sooo much easier.....
    FEEDBACK

This figure is a MUST have for me and in my opinion is way more important than all the other he-man variants!

I don't think that any of the objections that have come up like "the anime 200X style has been retired" applies to this figure. I don't want a anime style face, the current MOTUC He-man face works perfectly, a SN He-man in a Classic style is totally achievable and as this thread demonstrates - there is clearly demand ...

C'mon Mattel!
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Starburst She-ra (vintage toy variant)
    2. Hunga the Harpy
    3. Gold God Skeletor (movie skeletor)
    4. 200X Evil-Lyn
    5. Lady Slither

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    The image would be perfect if it had the current He-Man head and not the 200X head.

But still great figure and IMO one of the best ones ever made.
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

if they do a snake armor he-man i hope they don't use he-ro's boots & calves for it, i would not buy that figure!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback