Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 186

Thread: New message re: Keldor's swords and release date

  1. #76
    Heroic Warrior King Tycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Just so it`s clear, I`m not against the swords, I`m more against the complaining about not getting them. Obviously I do want them and even have my custom Keldor displayed with the 200X set but TG said NO, so I`m ALSO fine with that too. I just don`t see what the big deal is Didn`t the Rolling stones sing a song about this
    Unfortunately, with Mossman, Mattel already demonstrated that complaining about something actually can get results. Toy Guru said, point blank, that Mossman's ear were flocked, would stay flocked no matter what fans said, and that it was in fact too late in the process to change things. Low and behold, after a massive wave of complaints, things DID change. People can say that new tooling is a bigger issue then flocked ears, but the fact still remains that Mattel has proven that complaining can help. And with Keldor's final release date not even released yet, most fans won't buy the "it's too late to change" excuse. And even if it truly IS too late to change, the complaints could specifically lead to the 200x sword being included in a future weapons pack. As long as the squeaky wheel get's greased, expect it to keep squeaking every time it wants more grease!

  2. #77
    Council Elder Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,493
    Just so everyone remembers, this is what ToyGuru originally said about the swords after NYTF:

    Q: Any chance of getting 200x keldor sword(s) later on?

    Originally posted by Toyguru:
    While this is not completely off the table, we don't have any plans right now. Still, we did find a way to do the electronic power sword, so anything is possible.
    ...and now the answer is a "no" more or less.

    I think this is another big reason for the upset people.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  3. #78
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    4,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    As for complaints...I don't see why some complaints are more valid than others. I think I recall you were pretty upset about the MOTU vs. DCUC two-packs because you're going to have to collect all of DCUC now or something?
    Now your just putting words in my posts I wasn`t complaining about having to collect DCUC, people were speculating about the crossover packs they wanted to see and I said I didn`t want any that didn`t make sense and since the Superman/He Man one hadn`t been shown yet there was really nothing to complain about more like just a banter I`m merely stated the fact that I didn`t want a bunch of DC crossover packs that didn`t make sense. There were only 2 crossover comics and 2 packs that were shown. The Lex/Skeletor makes a good Evil counterpart to the He Man vs Superman pack so that works for me. Mine was more of a hypothetical complaint and didn`t really count as valid as there was nothinging the complain about. I was complaining about speculation in which I have learned to wait and see what is shown from now on. I take everything with a grain of salt now. For the record after watching my Robot Chicken season sets, I really don`t mind the Skelly/Mo-Lar 2 pack so much anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tycho View Post
    Unfortunately, with Mossman, Mattel already demonstrated that complaining about something actually can get results. Toy Guru said, point blank, that Mossman's ear were flocked, would stay flocked no matter what fans said, and that it was in fact too late in the process to change things. Low and behold, after a massive wave of complaints, things DID change. People can say that new tooling is a bigger issue then flocked ears, but the fact still remains that Mattel has proven that complaining can help. And with Keldor's final release date not even released yet, most fans won't buy the "it's too late to change" excuse. And even if it truly IS too late to change, the complaints could specifically lead to the 200x sword being included in a future weapons pack. As long as the squeaky wheel get's greased, expect it to keep squeaking every time it wants more grease!
    Complaining does NOTHING, if they can flock less, they will. They see it as saving money, same with removing the red around He Man`s eyes on the re issue (and every He Man figure going foreward). I think Mattel is just going to do what they want from now on and hold the "fans" at bay until sale day. For everything that wasn`t catered to, those figures still sold out (Like Zodak and Keldor WILL regardless of the sword issue) It`s a win/ win for Mattel no matter what they do, and the cheap road seems to be working successfully for them.
    Last edited by adam03; March 8, 2010 at 03:18am.

  4. #79
    Council Elder Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,493
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Now your just putting words in my posts I wasn`t complaining about having to collect DCUC, people were speculating about the crossover packs they wanted to see and I said I didn`t want any that didn`t make sense and since the Superman/He Man one hadn`t been shown yet there was really nothing to complain about more like just a banter I`m merely stated the fact that I didn`t want a bunch of DC crossover packs that didn`t make sense. There were only 2 crossover comics and 2 packs that were shown. The Lex/Skeletor makes a good Evil counterpart to the He Man vs Superman pack so that works for me. Mine was more of a hypothetical complaint and didn`t really count as valid as there was nothinging the complain about. I was complaining about speculation in which I have learned to wait and see what is shown from now on. I take everything with a grain of salt now. For the record after watching my Robot Chicken season sets, I really don`t mind the Skelly/Mo-Lar 2 pack so much anymore.
    Oh, okay. I misunderstood what you were talking about. I thought you were saying since the two-packs incorporated DCUC, you had to collect ALL of DCUC since they were now a part of MOTU and you didn't want to have them made. I guess something got lost in translation or interpretation there.

    There are definitely some other DCUC two-packs I'd like to see made. Not like thousands of them though. Only a handful. One or two a year might be pretty sweet. This isn't the thread for this discussion though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  5. #80
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,918
    Quote Originally Posted by Griftor View Post
    So if they have no plan on ever making those swords, you want Scott to lie to you and say they are still a possibility anyway?
    Are you serious or just baiting me? Of course I don't want TG to lie.

    I just want Toyguru to come out and admit they under-estimated the fan demand for updated versions of Keldor's 200x swords; realise fans a) don't perceive the 200x swords as representations of the power sword halves as they were never used this way in any 200x media and b) we are not happy with the public excuse used to ban these swords.

    This is not a 50/50 issue amongst fans. It is almost unanimous!

    But instead of regret, we repeatedly receive the message from Toyguru that we the fans are wrong because we obviously misunderstand Mattel's logic on excluding the swords. I think there have been more than enough posts here indicating that we understand perfectly what Mattel have been saying, what their logic is, but that the logic has contradictions and holes in it big enough to walk a fully laden Battle Bones through!

    Just to vent a little frustration I have just this afternoon opened my 2nd re-issue Skelly (first one stays MOC) and displayed him with all my others, holding the 200x swords. He is a place holder until my MOTUC Keldor arrives later this year.

  6. #81
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    4,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, okay. I misunderstood what you were talking about. I thought you were saying since the two-packs incorporated DCUC, you had to collect ALL of DCUC since they were now a part of MOTU and you didn't want to have them made. I guess something got lost in translation or interpretation there.

    There are definitely some other DCUC two-packs I'd like to see made. Not like thousands of them though. Only a handful. One or two a year might be pretty sweet. This isn't the thread for this discussion though.
    I said there are some that are OCD collectors and it would drive them to collecting DCUC, but not about myself I`m not a compulsive collector, more less a simple completionist but nothing extremeNo, I was talking more the 2 packs that didn`t have media back up but since they are based on comics now I`m comfortable with it, maybe that`s something they could do when ever the apparent relaunch happens and yes no complaint is anymore valid than the next, you are right. I`m guilty as charged

  7. #82
    Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    15,118
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    Complaining does NOTHING
    Neither does criticizing other people for their opinions. Why is someone who wants Keldor to have his 200x Swords labeled a "complainer" why can't it just be called what it is; a suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Griftor View Post
    Regardless of the accepted continuity by Mattel, the fact remains that the "Keldor" swords were designed as a new, hyper-styled version of the vintage power sword. So to me, it seems reasonable that going back to the classic style would dictate that the "Keldor" swords would go back to looking as they originally did - the vintage power sword. I really don't get why that's so difficult for a lot of people to understand as Mattel's reasoning.

    And if the side effect meant that Mattel saved tooling dollars in the process, then that makes it a no-brainer for a company that is out to make money. To tell the truth, I was pretty surprised by the reaction because I always fully expected Keldor to simply come with two power sword halves, since that's what his 200x sword was based on.

    I could see people maybe wanting a better paint job rather than just two purple sword halves, but as far as the design, I look at the 200x Skeletor sword and have always seen the vintage sword of power.
    Yes Skel's 200x Swords are updated versions of the vintage Power Swords, but you cannot ignore the differnt construction of the blade. What made the 200x sword memorable is the way the combined blade separates, and acts more like a pair of scimitar rather then a couple broadswords. That's what I think people want to see so much. Let the 4HM reinterpret the hilt of the swords to remove the resemblance of the Power Sword, or borrow from that one UK comic story that a third "evil" sword was also made in the days of the Ancient Ones. Everybody wins, no more "complaints".
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; March 8, 2010 at 03:54am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

    'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

  8. #83
    Heroic Warrior vid.tracey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    538
    Has it ever occured to anyone the reason why we're not getting keldors twin swords and his acid burned head is, it doesn't fit in with the classics biography!

    What if randor doesn't burn keldor this time, he just gets merged with demo-man to result in his skeleton face. Was actually annoyed he-man was given the 200x sword as it didn't fit in with his bio of how he got it and it still looks off when he holds it.

    200X influences will be placed where it is necessary to bridge a plot hole and it was used in the 200X continuum, but so will mini comics, filmation, mvc comics have an influence too, but mainly from the original toy line.

    If people want keldor or heman in the 200X style, then buy a 200X heman or keldor. I'm pretty sure they are done in the 200X style.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

    Positive trades; Nightcraw

  9. #84
    Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,797
    After "Keldor" lost the swords, he made his own set.

    BOOM!

    Was that so hard Mattel? Dumb @ss...
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

  10. #85
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    4,371
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Neither does criticizing other people for their opinions. Why is someone who wants Keldor to have his 200x Swords labeled a "complainer" why can't it just be called what it is; a suggestion.
    That would be true if it were a suggestion but go back and read the first 2 pages and let me know how many "suggestions" you seen in there, the few there are aren`t very nice ones and had nothing to with the sword Where does it end? Theres still 6 years left in this line, and is every single figure going to have 1-5 different complaint threads? Dude, 6 more years is a long time and I`m getting rather sick of it after less than 2 Toy Guru said no, so why can`t it just be left at that? I`d love the sword as much as everyone else but I`m not complaining about it, and with so much else going on in the world theres other things to complain about like the world ending in 2012
    Last edited by adam03; March 8, 2010 at 04:06am.

  11. #86
    Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    15,118
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Has it ever occured to anyone the reason why we're not getting keldors twin swords and his acid burned head is, it doesn't fit in with the classics biography!

    What if randor doesn't burn keldor this time, he just gets merged with demo-man to result in his skeleton face. Was actually annoyed he-man was given the 200x sword as it didn't fit in with his bio of how he got it and it still looks off when he holds it.

    200X influences will be placed where it is necessary to bridge a plot hole and it was used in the 200X continuum, but so will mini comics, filmation, mvc comics have an influence too, but mainly from the original toy line.

    If people want keldor or heman in the 200X style, then buy a 200X heman or keldor. I'm pretty sure they are done in the 200X style.
    Keldor comes with the vial of acid. Skeletor's bio also states that "Mortally wounded in battle with his half-brother Captain Randor™, Keldor™ turned to his dark-arts master Hordak™ to save his life." That would suggest that he had some skin irritation even if it wasn't all flaming green So they didn't do the melted head because they are too cheep...Most likely the main reason why he also doesn't even get a unique weapon...I'm shocked that some people are so willing to fork over $20+ for a new head sculpt and a cape. That's pretty expensive IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    That would be true if it were a suggestion but go back and read the first 2 pages and let me know how many "suggestions" you seen in there, the few there are aren`t very nice ones and had nothing to with the sword Where does it end? Theres still 6 years left in this line, and is every single figure going to have 1-5 different complaint threads? Dude, 6 more years is a long time and I`m getting rather sick of it after less than 2 Toy Guru said no, so why can`t it just be left at that? I`d love the sword as much as everyone else but I`m not complaining about it, and with so much else going on in the world theres other things to complain about like the world ending in 2012
    ALL THE MORE REASON WE NEED IT NOW!!!!!
    How will my life feel complete if by DEC 2012 I meet my creator and I'm still without a "classicized" 200x Skeletor sword?

    Ok, I'll give you that some people have been less then constructive on both sides of this particular fence. On the other hand I think it is important for us to all honestly express how we feel about things. Keldor has so little new parts. I don't want Mattel to think they can slap a new head on a charge us $20 for anything. I hate feeling like they are taking advantage of my enthusiasm. As for just dropping the subject...Gladly, but you and Toy Guru can't expect any supporter of any particular item or thing to back down when he gives incoherent and inconsistent answers. It would probably be best if he just said "Nope, don't want to do that". You know, like he said about Filmation. If Toy Guru would just be more honest and clear to his point I think a lot of these "complaining" threads would just go away.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; March 8, 2010 at 04:21am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

    'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior vid.tracey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    538
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Keldor comes with the vial of acid. Skeletor's bio also states that "Mortally wounded in battle with his half-brother Captain Randor™, Keldor™ turned to his dark-arts master Hordak™ to save his life." That would suggest that he had some skin irritation even if it wasn't all flaming green So they didn't do the melted head because they are too cheep...Most likely the main reason why he also doesn't even get a unique weapon...I'm shocked that some people are so willing to fork over $20+ for a new head sculpt and a cape. That's pretty expensive IMO.
    Hate it when someone with a better memory contradicts you and is right. Fair points Eldor. But to answer why people would fork over $20 for a keldor, it's because they want keldor.
    Making sure the vintage line is fully reproduced in the classics line

    Positive trades; Nightcraw

  13. #88
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    4,371
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Hate it when someone with a better memory contradicts you and is right. Fair points Eldor. But to answer why people would fork over $20 for a keldor, it's because they want keldor.
    and.............. because the 200X exclusive has always been $100+ on average

  14. #89
    Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Painesville, Ohio
    Posts
    15,118
    Quote Originally Posted by vid.tracey View Post
    Hate it when someone with a better memory contradicts you and is right. Fair points Eldor. But to answer why people would fork over $20 for a keldor, it's because they want keldor.
    fair enough, but Mattel shouldn't be so dang cheep that when it comes to the bonus figures. At this point in the line they can't cry tooling cost when they are all selling out.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

    'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

  15. #90
    Evil Villain!!! adam03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    4,371
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    ALL THE MORE REASON WE NEED IT NOW!!!!!
    How will my life feel complete if by DEC 2012 I meet my creator and I'm still without a "classicized" 200x Skeletor sword?

    Ok, I'll give you that some people have been less then constructive on both sides of this particular fence. On the other hand I think it is important for us to all honestly express how we feel about things. Keldor has so little new parts. I don't want Mattel to think they can slap a new head on a charge us $20 for anything. I hate feeling like they are taking advantage of my enthusiasm. As for just dropping the subject...Gladly, but you and Toy Guru can't expect any supporter of any particular item or thing to back down when he gives incoherent and inconsistent answers. It would probably be best if he just said "Nope, don't want to do that". You know, like he said about Filmation. If Toy Guru would just be more honest and clear to his point I think a lot of these "complaining" threads would just go away.
    Every word you say is true and I agree, I guess I just have more of a handle on my enthusiasm. I`m more annoyed that constructive critism has started to dwindle quite a bit and even more so since the Battle cat fiasco. I undertand not everyone will be content with what is produced but the stuff I seen today about the sword issue and the hole in She Ra`s head is a bit too much to handle. I can`t ever remember a time when it `s been this bad here, even during 200X. I think if we just realized that these are toys most of us could find comfort just knowing that it`s MOTU. I`m not saying it`s wrong to criticize, but it`s the way you criticize is what counts. If the world`s going to end in 2 years I`ll take any MOTUC I can get, and any way I can get it is fine by me

  16. #91
    Heroic Warrior Marvelous0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Outside of Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    6,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectror View Post
    What a bunch of BS ! More lip service from Toyguru, it seems !

    The vintage sword for Keldor is a dubious choice, in my opinion...

    And NO, it's DEFINITELY NOT the 200x sword !

    Just like Webstor's backpack WASN'T like "we remembered it". The truth is that it was EASIER and CHEAPER to reuse once more the vintage sword...

    The rest is a bunch of balloney.
    Again, It has been stated time and time again that the sword Keldor/Skeletor uses int he original idea for the 200X MOTU line was the Power Sword which is why it looks like the power sword. Just done differently. When the series came. MYP went with a reboot instead of using the storyline that was intended to be used. Mattel still are using it as the power sword instead of some fancy sword Keldor/ Skeletor uses.

    As for Webstor's back pack. The pack is the same, they just added the extra legs to it to give him that 200X look which many people liked. Again they have said that they would incorporate certain 200X elements to the MOTUC if it works. Which it did!

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Sorry, but Toyguru's argument makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

    Irrespective of what was originally conceived in toy production for 200x Keldor/Skeletor half swords, Mattel never approved the story they were the 2 halves of the power sword. In all media they were just Keldor's/Skeletor's distinctive swords.
    Mattel did approve it! It's the story that was to be used. But, later went with a reboot instead. I remember reading that if they knew when they brought the line back on 2002 and that it was to be a reboot. The sword wouldn't have been done the way they were.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    As has been said so many times - it makes no sense to give other MOTUC figures their 200x inspired weapons and not give Keldor his 200x inspired swords. Toyguru's repeated attempts to justify this decision based on the tired 200x-vintage-MOTUC style argument are inconsistent with other figures and, quite simply, infuriating.
    I'm sorry, I see it very simple and clear cut! I don't know why so many are getting bent out of shape over this issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I really don't get how Toyguru cannot understand a mistake has been made, and admit it. Continually telling fans we are wrong and he is right will not solve this issue. If it is too late to produce the 200x Keldor swords, just say so. Or even give us a bone by saying they might consider including them in a future weapons pak v. 2 (provided pak 1 sells OK).
    When it comes to Mattel. This issue is over with. Fans are the ones wrong here. They have stated their stance on Keldor's sword. If they can't handle it. Then might I suggest as many others have. Just use the swords from the 200X Skeletor and be done with it! Mattel will not be making them.

    [QUOTE=Swanmarsh;2371387]I wish we could hear from the 4Horsemen on this 'cos I bet they have a different view to Mattel corporate on incorparation of a 200x style sword with Keldor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    (Sigh) If nothing else, I hope Toyguru heeds BCRDuke's suggestion above about the colouring of Keldor's versions of the power sword.
    The Four Horsemen will say the same thing! The original use of the sword was to follow the story that Skeletor finally received both halves of the Power Sword and the Mechanical one was created for Adam to become He-Man to fight Skeletor and gain the swords back and defeat him.

    If by chance they did change their views on the sword or redid it. I always would like it to be done differently than just the standard two halves of the Power Sword. Make it done like this!

    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

  17. #92
    Heroic Warrior Calderon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    761
    This is what I was expecting...(poor mockup)



    I think Matty chose the cheapest solution... plain and simple. Any other explanation looks like trying to make up the truth.

  18. #93
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,240
    In the 80's a special comic was released where a corrupt Elder had forged an evil power sword which was purple. The other Elders seperated the sword into two halves so it couldn't be used and placed one half on Eternia and one half on Etheria.

    Thousands of years later Horde Prime learned about the sword and sent Skeletor to Etheria and Hordak to Eternia to find the halves leading to a really fun He-Man and She-Ra crossover story.

    I'm going to pretend Keldor's 2 half purple power sword is the evil sword from the story.

    I'll probably give Keldor a staff, I prefer to think of him as a mage rather than a swordsman.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  19. #94
    Heroic Warrior Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    This is what I was expecting...(poor mockup)
    I think Matty chose the cheapest solution... plain and simple. Any other explanation looks like trying to make up the truth.
    I like it!
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

    [email protected]

  20. #95
    That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Plains of Perpetua
    Posts
    14,443
    I'm kinda baffled that they can change and shoehorn contradicting elements into their bios but don't see a way to get Skeletors 200X double-blade into the new line just because it originally was supposed to be the original Power Sword. As if it was so hard to say that it's just a faux power sword or a totally non-magical weapon which Keldor once created on his own.
    It would have been better just to say that they didn't have the tooling money for it instead of giving this flimsy explaination.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

  21. #96
    Heroic Warrior Swanmarsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,918
    Marvelous One and Calderon - if we couldn't have slightly less detailed updated versions of the 200x Keldor double-blade, your mock ups would be a reasonable compromise on this issue.

  22. #97
    #1 Meteorb Fan! Joe Amato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Calderon View Post
    This is what I was expecting...(poor mockup)


    I think Matty chose the cheapest solution... plain and simple. Any other explanation looks like trying to make up the truth.

    This looks perfect in my opinion! I will say it again. The 200X swords are some of the ugliest weapon desings ever. I hate how they look together and really hate how they look separated. Good mock up!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

  23. #98
    Heroic Warrior Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires, AR
    Posts
    151
    The Keldor´s dual blade are not the halves of the Power Sword. So, Toyguru is wrong. I don´t care if we don´t get the 200X style sword, but I´d prefer they don´t lie to us.
    ¡Ya tengo el PODER!

  24. #99
    Heroic Warrior Son of Keldor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,555
    I'll just give him one of my extra 200x swords and call it a day.

    =)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

    My Trader Feedback thread:

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

  25. #100
    Heroic Warrior cayman shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    557
    Saying that Keldor has the Power Sword is like saying Luke Skywalker is a girl. It may have been true in one very early version of events, in drafts. The final product, the cartoon, however, does not present Keldor's weapons as being the power sword. Keldor has a cool and very unique weapon, and it wouldn't have broken the bank to have just made it. I hope it shows up in some future weapons pak.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •