Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Official Sweet Bee Thread

I think she turned out great. I think she will fit in perfect with the rest of the ladys
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

LOL!!! everytime I read a post that say's how beautiful Sweet Bee is it reminds me of that Seinfeld episode were Jerry and the gang go up to see their friends new baby and they think it's the ugliest baby they have ever seen but everyone else thinks its beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Actually, I noticed when looking at the figure in the case (I'm at the con), that whoever put her together, didn't put her wings in the slots of her hair before fastening them in the sockets in her back.

I don't understand how that happens at SDCC.

So she won't be looking down . Don't worry.
    Thanks man, that was something I was wondering about. I assume that, every SDCC, people are hurrying around to set everything up, and then one person is standing around with nothing to do and someone says: "YOU! What are you doing?! Nothing? Set some figures up dangit, we're on a tight schedule!" And they're like: "UUUAAAHHH OKAYOKAY!" and they start plopping 'em down with sticky tack like a conspiracy theorist pasting clues to a wall.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

elfctbhhqnfabig.jpg
    newtoys16.jpg
    ShadowWeaverdisguisedasSweetBee.jpg
    bhv69_003_600x600_zpsc2de1fa7.jpg

That face is just hideous. Nothing like the cartoon. Really disappointing. Antennae are way too thick too. And just like Flutterina she has no neck. Oh, and to be really nit-picky, her skin tone is too dark too.

Ah well, hopefully one of our talented sculptors around here will be able to create a nice fix for us (hint, hint!)
    Last edited by S'laargorath; July 24, 2014 at 05:45pm.
    My MOTU most wanted: Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by S'laargorath View Post
    elfctbhhqnfabig.jpg
    newtoys16.jpg
    ShadowWeaverdisguisedasSweetBee.jpg
    bhv69_003_600x600_zpsc2de1fa7.jpg

That face is just hideous. Nothing like the cartoon. Really disappointing. Antennae are way too thick too. And just like Flutterina she has no neck.

Ah well, hopefully one of our talented sculptors around here will be able to create a nice fix for us (hint, hint!)
    Let's be honest her face is FAR from hideous. Her make-up isn't as extreme as her filmation look. And her eyes are a bit different. Nothing drastic.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvid View Post
    Let's be honest her face is FAR from hideous. Her make-up isn't as extreme as her filmation look. And her eyes are a bit different. Nothing drastic.
    I actually feel like the figure's face is better than her face in the toon.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I am a big fan of this figure! Love the yellow shield and clever bug gun. The face sculpt is one of my favorite in the line! The design translated better than I had hoped, and looks very cartoony and toy-like. A big thumbs up to everyone involved in making this figure!

Definitely buying two of these so that one can be painted like the style guide:

lic15.jpg
    Last edited by AdultCollector; July 24, 2014 at 05:27pm.

Not only the eyes are wrong.

She's missing the characteristic pouty lips and she has no cheekbones either. It could be just any random female head with mega-brows painted on.
    My MOTU most wanted: Slime Pit Bone Warriors, Major Header, Catra Cat Form, Lady Slither, Hunga the Harpy, Satma, Great Black Wizard, King Miro, Sha'gora, Mask of Power Demons, Red Knight, Beast Lord, Illumina, Lady Valtira, armored Crita, Old Man Marzo 200X, Teela 200X, Skeletor52, Teela52, Hans Hammer Holder, Robowoman, Bubblor, Movie Troopers, Movie Beastman, Goddess52, Red Beast

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    You really can't have her antennas thinner than that. It will break off as soon as you take it off the package. I think she came out just fine. My only tidbit is that her eyeshadow should be darker.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Not only the eyes are wrong.

She's missing the characteristic pouty lips and she has no cheekbones either. It could be just any random female head with mega-brows painted on.
    Yeah, she actually looks more like Scorpia, higher cheekbones, dramatic makeup, pout...The final toy looks better than the Mattel pics. Her face looks fat in the Mattel official pics...like a fat cookie face.

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    You really can't have her antennas thinner than that. It will break off as soon as you take it off the package. I think she came out just fine. My only tidbit is that her eyeshadow should be darker.
    I agree. I plan on darkening her make-up as soon as I get her. That will help tame those brows down some.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Yeah, she actually looks more like Scorpia, higher cheekbones, dramatic makeup, pout...The final toy looks better than the Mattel pics. Her face looks fat in the Mattel official pics...like a fat cookie face.
    Hmm, interesting observation on the Scorpia resemblance.

In a worst case scenario I just might have to cannibalize a Scorpia to fix my Sweet Bee.

In a worst case scenario I just might have to cannibalize a Scorpia to fix my Sweet Bee.
    Uhm, there can be no cannibalization of Scorpia--it's in the rules.

That won't be necessary, I think you could just achieve it with a little face paint enhancement...a little more green eye shadow painted on the eyes should do the trick.

But she does look like Scorpia to me in the Filmation Cartoon.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Sweet Bee turned out marvelous! She's one of my favorite POP figures yet! In my top 5 for sure.

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Sweet Bee was never one of my favourite characters, but I love that figure. Several people have suggested she has a hippie vibe. I love it. What better character to be a flower child than a bee girl?

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    Sweet Bee was never one of my favourite characters, but I love that figure. Several people have suggested she has a hippie vibe. I love it. What better character to be a flower child than a bee girl?
    Perfuma?
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

Heroic Warrior ShowerPowerFrosta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veronica Mars View Post
    Perfuma?
    Ha ha. True. I've been waiting for Perfuma for a long time.

The stock photo on Matty looks horrible compared to the actual figure in the case at SDCC.

I'm quite happy with her. Her actual face is great.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowerPowerFrosta View Post
    Ha ha. True. I've been waiting for Perfuma for a long time.
    Same here. I pray that she has the Style Guide/Filmation designs. I find that I am a fan of most non-fighter/non muscle man characters in MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Same here. I pray that she has the Style Guide/Filmation designs. I find that I am a fan of most non-fighter/non muscle man characters in MOTU.
    She will, all the POP ladies have been heavily leaning in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    The stock photo on Matty looks horrible compared to the actual figure in the case at SDCC.

I'm quite happy with her. Her actual face is great.
    As is often the case! The Matty pics left me a bit underwhelmed, but I'm liking her better in different lighting. I'm sure I'll paint her face a bit to be more toon accurate, but I'm pretty pleased with how she turned out! Matty really needs better photographers.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

I have no bees in my bonnet over her. I think she's great. October is going to be awesome.
    IT'S BEEN A LONG CRAZY RIDE SINCE 2008!

I'm really excited about Sweet Bee coming in October! The figure is pretty much exactly what I expected and I have no complaints. The actual in-case pictures are definitely better than those leaked pics from earlier. It's kind of obvious now why Mattel is trying to stop the leaks.

How would you feel if you didn't have control over the presentation of something you'd worked hard on and somebody else posted an imperfect version of it in an unflattering way?

I'm happy with her. She looks great. The only thing I was worried about were the antenna, which looked like they both faced in - but I've seen a couple of pics now in different spots so I'm pretty sure you can rotate them. It looked kind of weird both pointed in - but since it looks like we can move them around, that was the only imperfection I worried about.

I've never gotten all the face hate, to be honest, on PoP characters. There hasn't been one that I haven't liked, even Frosta who seems to so universally reviled. With most of these figures I rarely have any preconceived notion of what I expect them to look like - it's only dumb errors (no Filmation Head on Filmation Hordak, etc.) that get my fur loincloth in a knot.