Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Attack of the Show update (air date 4/12 and 4/15)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Attack of the Show update (air date 4/12 and 4/15)

From the Matty forums...

SDCC Exclusives to be revealed on Attack of the Show mid April

Hey gang,

I know TV Guide reported that the Mattel SDCC exclusives would be revealed on Attack of the Show this week, but we just taped the bit yesterday so it is not set to air until a week so.

Rest assured we will make sure to announce very big once we confirm the air date. It looks like with so many exclusives to announce they are going to split the bit into two segments over two nights, so we will fill you in on all the info once it is passed out way.

We're sorry to hear TV Guide mislead a few fans, but you can imagine this is something we have zero control over. This is a big announcement, so you can bet we will have all the details of the true air date as soon as we can!

Scott
    ***Update***
    April 8, 2010
    By Matty

Toy Fans
    Okay, everyone, we just got official confirmation that our SDCC product reveals are going to air on Attack of the Show on the G4 network April 12th and April 15th!

Why two nights? Because the stuff we’re revealing is so good, it couldn’t be done in a single show! Attack of the Show will sneak peek four products each night. We’ll finally put to rest some of the rumors about what we’ll have at SDCC and there are exclusives from some of our most popular collector lines. No, we’re not telling you anything beforehand — you’ll just have to tune in to find out what they all are!

You can check your local listings for channels/times, but there’s one thing to keep in mind. Although we’ve been given these dates, it’s not a guarantee our segments will be aired. If another big story comes along, Attack of the Show has every right to bump us (which they’ve done in the past), just like any news show. It’s not likely, but if this does happen, we’ll let you know the minute we hear.

If you don’t get G4, never fear. Just visit this very spot on Friday, April 16th and we’ll have the complete list of SDCC products with images PLUS a couple more reveals!

—Matty

P.S. You know, now that I think about it, maybe I can give you a couple of hints… 1) a DCU item will have a ton of accessories, and 2) we have an Avatar™ item that, for the first time, combines a 3-3/4" figure and a 6" figure in one package.
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Good news. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the update. I was always skeptical about this past Monday if only because the fanfare was coming from the fans and not Mattel, and we have been let down before, but glad to hear it's all on track.
    Last edited by Frogster; April 7, 2010 at 11:29am.

question is: Will it be aired before or after Evil Lyngate?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Warrior
    Well…it's good to see that they're actually acknowledging that TV Guide actually started the misinformation! Up till now they were calling it an "internet rumor"!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Hopefully the same day.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Oh, after. If they're splitting it in two, at least one of the segments will go out after EL goes on sale. It seems somehow likely that the MotUC bit will be in the second half.

Actually Toyguru immediately acknowledged that it was a mistake from TV Guide as soon as we Orgers informed him. And they are being very nice apologizing for something they had no control over.
    JOIN THE GREAT REBELLION - COLLECTOR'S CLUB TODAY!
    http://www.facebook.com/TGRClub

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Actually Toyguru immediately acknowledged that it was a mistake from TV Guide as soon as we Orgers informed him.
    Truth. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...&postcount=164
    Bill :: guitargod694

I couldn't see where it would air that day anyway since they were not at WonderCon. They would have had to have been somewhere over the weekend with a segment taped for it to have happened Monday. Maybe originally it was going to be that day but G4 rescheduled due to some sort of conflict on their end.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Man, I can't wait! I'm wondering if the announcements are going to be part of their "Attack this!" segments, or something else entirely. Either way, the announcements can not come soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Yuck View Post
    Man, I can't wait! I'm wondering if the announcements are going to be part of their "Attack this!" segments, or something else entirely. Either way, the announcements can not come soon enough!
    Could'nt agree more.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Thanks for the update, I can't wait to see what the exclusives are.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Man this line has controversey everywhere!!!
    Check out the Masters Of The Galaxy Podcast. And also check out Masters of the Galaxy Facebook page

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Awesome! So many exclusives it's going to be 2 segments?? Even better! I can't wait!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    So I guess my only question is this:

"Why can't Mattel announce their own exclusives on their website?"

Why does it have to be a scavenger hunt to find a program that I've never seen anyway.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

Why does it have to be a scavenger hunt to find a program that I've never seen anyway.
    I agree. I would DEFINITELY prefer this. It also sounds like a LOT of people don't get the G4 network so they can't even WATCH Attack Of The Show. Someone should do a poll to see how many people can actually watch it...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I know 'pics or it didn't happen' rules the net, so take this for what it's worth: I used to work for G4 and talked to a friend of mine who still does and he said it's probably going to air this Monday, the 12th.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

They can, but this way it gives them a wider audience than the fans they know they already have. I came into the line by chance, I knew of King Grayskull exclusive when it first started but was like "that's an exclusive and I'm not interested" fast forward to the end of last year I found out that this was a full on series and since January have been collecting and following the line. So showing on a show like this could reach fans who didn't know about the line.

BTW the reason for not caring about KG in the beginning I had only watched 1 episode of 200X until recently.
    Last edited by Mijet; April 7, 2010 at 02:30pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajac71
    'Picture it, Eternia.......'

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I know 'pics or it didn't happen' rules the net, so take this for what it's worth: I used to work for G4 and talked to a friend of mine who still does and he said it's probably going to air this Monday, the 12th.
    Thanks for the heads up Mern-Ra! That's cool that you used to work there. I love AOTS, so for me I love the fact they are offering coverage of MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    That would make sense. TG said it would probably air about a week after they filmed it...and they JUST filmed it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Good news to hear, especially the fact that they have filmed the segment.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

They will probably have pics up on their site and/or facebook shortly after it airs.
    Besides, it'll be all over the net while the show is still on the air, I'm sure.
    I wouldn't worry about being late to the party if you don't watch it on G4.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Yeah they do these show announcemnets for publicity and promo. Though I don't exactly understand any reason to promote the line when they're going to keep the numbers so low. But then too, it is just before the subscription goes on so it's enough time to drum up new people to get slammed on the sales day. Those extra people will see a need to get the subscription too and then magically more figures sold. So looking at it that way I guess I can see it.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    when it airs, i'll believe it
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook