Thread: Masters Of The Universe 2 Script ?

Masters Of The Universe 2 Script ?

We all know the 87 movie was a major flop, so the idea of a MOTU2 was most likely dismissed at the speed of light, still:

Does anyone know if there existed ideas for a second movie? A script? Characters?

Afterall, Skeletor promised us a sequel

apparently it is not:

but anyways. i googled it and it turns out that the script or at least costumes and characters were used to the film CYBORG:

http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/dolph-in/masters2.html

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    As far as I know the sequel was going to go ahead regardless of the first one's mediocre performance at the box office; it was just canned when funding fell through. I believe a script had been written and a big-wave surfer called Laird Hamilton was cast as He-Man. Some years ago one of the forum members here (Doc Omega???) got hold of a script titled "Masters of the Universe II: Revenge of the Beast" which seemed to be authentic and followed a rather ridiculous plot involving Skeletor emerging from beneath Grayskull and returning to Earth, where he was incarnated into the body of a Yuppie businessmen and He-Man had to follow him to Earth to stop him continuing his evil in human form.

Whether or not this was the genuine script, the sets that had been built for the sequel were used to create the Van Damme movie 'Cyborg', which has occasionally been screened on TV as "Masters of the Universe II: The Cyborg" even though its plot has no connection to MOTU.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    apparently it is not:

It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    i googled it and it turns out that the script or at least costumes and characters were used to the film CYBORG:

http://www.gmrmedia.com/dolph/dolph-in/masters2.html
    Had you searched the forums for "Masters of the Universe II," you would have found the thread "Spiderman + Masters of the Universe II = Cyborg."
    Last edited by Adam_Prince of Eternia; April 21, 2010 at 05:20pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost