Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 84856575859 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1452

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Heroic Warrior
    With a name like that whatever it is almost *has* to be MOTU related...

Three thoughts... first thought is that it could be a total rebranding of MOTU to avoid offending anyone by having "Masters" in the name... second thought is maybe it's a re-branding for Classics to keep it separate from the new lines... third thought, maybe it's for some sort of vintage re-issue/continuation line...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Abell View Post
    With a name like that whatever it is almost *has* to be MOTU related...

Three thoughts... first thought is that it could be a total rebranding of MOTU to avoid offending anyone by having "Masters" in the name... second thought is maybe it's a re-branding for Classics to keep it separate from the new lines... third thought, maybe it's for some sort of vintage re-issue/continuation line...
    Literally who would be offended by Masters? Like, nobody's offended by Master Chef, Top Chef Masters, Fire Masters, or any of the surprisingly large number of cooking shows that use Master/Masters in the name.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if I had to bet, I'd say this is either for a refresh of Origins, as it doesn't actually say Origins on any of the packaging and the inevitable toyline for the CGI show will probably take the MOTU title, or maybe something focusing on non-He-Man parts of the MOTU universe (be it Preternia stuff or maybe a line dedicated to forgotten and new characters).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    Literally who would be offended by Masters? Like, nobody's offended by Master Chef, Top Chef Masters, Fire Masters, or any of the surprisingly large number of cooking shows that use Master/Masters in the name.
    I fully understand your sentiment but when I hear things like plans to re-term things like "master" and "slave" when it comes to computers it just reminds me that there are people out there looking for anything and everything to be offended by. It would not surprise me in any way to find out someone wanted He-Man renamed "They-Person"...

Newly filed trademark application. Not sure if it's related to MOTU but it seems like it is.

RAM MA'AM
    IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Toy action figures and accessories therefore

of course it's real.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Newly filed trademark application. Not sure if it's related to MOTU but it seems like it is.

RAM MA'AM
    With Rammy being a main character in the CGI show, I'm willing to bet this is his girlfriend, sister, or mother.

Or maybe it's connected to the King He-Man trademark from last year and she's Rammy's daughter (maybe that's what Legends of the Universe is).

Or finally, she may be part of a POP revival. I wouldn't be surprised if Origins being a success as well as SPOP being a success, they might want to do a new POP line and expand the cast or something.

Heroic Warrior AntiEternia He-Man's Avatar

RAM MA'AM
    Game Stop exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by BooperScoop View Post
    We live in a world where people are so blind that they decided that the woman that was proud to the the mascot for pancake mix was removed from the box while at the same time the Quaker Oats guy is just fine.
    MASTERS OF THE SMITTYVERSE
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

There's a new trademark application for...

KOL DARR

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Kol_Darr

There's a new trademark application for...

KOL DARR

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Kol_Darr
    Holy macs, are you serious?? Could an obscure Filmation created character be making his way to figure form for the first time ever???

Fingers crossed we start getting Filmation-created characters for Origins!
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Fingers crossed we start getting Filmation-created characters for Origins!
    For sure - since they're burning through the vintage lineup very quickly, they're going to need to dig into characters like these to hold my interest, and I'm sure a lot of the Filmation created characters could be offered with minimal tooling...

For that reason, maybe we'll start seeing a bunch of guys like Kol-Darr in Origins before expensive ones like Extendar or Rio Blast...

Heroic Warrior

RAM MA'AM
    Is Ram-Man about to get a sex change?

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    For sure - since they're burning through the vintage lineup very quickly, they're going to need to dig into characters like these to hold my interest, and I'm sure a lot of the Filmation created characters could be offered with minimal tooling...

For that reason, maybe we'll start seeing a bunch of guys like Kol-Darr in Origins before expensive ones like Extendar or Rio Blast...
    I'd be fine with that. Especially if "simpler" figures help pad the budget or whatever for the more intricate characters or ones with workable action features (the ones you mentioned, Snake Face, Rokkon, Stonedar, Sy-Klone).

In which case, please DO bring on Icer, Shokoti, Batros, Fang Man, Negator, etc.
    Clearing out Classics, Super7 and vintage MOTU & PoP figures... check out my threads in the Marketplace for Fisto, Sorceress, BA variants, SDCC exclusives and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post

Hell, some Filmation characters could be used to justify the tooling costs. Like, we could get Colonel Blast a few waves after Rio Blast. Since that would be mostly reuse from Rio Blast and the Horde Trooper.

Idk, I'm really hoping for Blackbeard, since he looks cool and was from a pretty decent episode.

Heroic Warrior
    All I got is W. T. F.!

RAM MA'AM
    - - - Updated - - -

Internet rule #63

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post

Maybe Ram-Man always identified as a woman but couldn’t transition due to systemic transphobia within Eternian society.
    Last edited by Stinkor; May 1, 2021 at 03:15am.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think so. The only opportunity for this would be the CGI show, and we know he's male and named Krass in that. My money's on that being his mom, since Ma'am feels like something that would be used for an older woman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Maybe Ram-Man always identified as a woman but couldn’t transition due to systemic transphobia within Eternian society.
    I mean, it wouldn't be the first time Eternia's been very antiquated when it comes to human (or I suppose Gar) rights issues.

Mattel have a recent application to renew the ELDOR trademark.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmmm. Interesting.

Mattel have a recent application to renew the ELDOR trademark.

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    They may be mentioned elsewhere, but here are some recently filed applications:
    • "Tricky Golden Beauty" (Sept 8, 2021)
    • Light Hope (Sept 8, 2021)
    • "Dreadful Disguised Leader of the Snake Men" (June 28, 2021)
    • Snout Spout (June 29, 2021)
    • Swiftwind (June 29, 2021)
    • The Faceless One (June 28, 2021)
    • "Heroic Fist-Flinging Tornado!" (August 23, 2021)
    • Arrow (July 30, 2021)
    • Gwildor (July 30, 2021)

Still no action on Gygor, but I live in hope...

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    They may be mentioned elsewhere, but here are some recently filed applications:
    • "Tricky Golden Beauty" (Sept 8, 2021)
    • Light Hope (Sept 8, 2021)
    • "Dreadful Disguised Leader of the Snake Men" (June 28, 2021)
    • Snout Spout (June 29, 2021)
    • Swiftwind (June 29, 2021)
    • The Faceless One (June 28, 2021)
    • "Heroic Fist-Flinging Tornado!" (August 23, 2021)
    • Arrow (July 30, 2021)
    • Gwildor (July 30, 2021)

Still no action on Gygor, but I live in hope...
    Some of those are descriptions of various MOTU characters.

"Tricky Golden Beauty" could be Entrapta, my daughter will be excited.

"Dreadful Disguised Leader of the Snake Men" well duh it's King Hiss but is it Masterverse or Origins.

"Heroic Fist-Flinging Tornado!" Is Sy-Klone but again Masterverse or Origins.

Personally I'd like them all to be Origins but ideally they'd come out in all three lines.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021

Opiate of the Masses anytimepally's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty.81 View Post
    Some of those are descriptions of various MOTU characters.

"Tricky Golden Beauty" could be Entrapta, my daughter will be excited.

"Dreadful Disguised Leader of the Snake Men" well duh it's King Hiss but is it Masterverse or Origins.

"Heroic Fist-Flinging Tornado!" Is Sy-Klone but again Masterverse or Origins.

Personally I'd like them all to be Origins but ideally they'd come out in all three lines.

Yes, it is Entrapta. That's her original cardback description.
    They filed to renew "Entrapta" in May.

So far Masterverse/Revelations hasn't used the original cardback descriptions for characters.

That's been mostly Origins so I lean toward Origins for King Hiss, Entrapta, and Sy-Klone as all three of their under the name descriptions from the vintage line have recent copyright renewals.

Quote Originally Posted by anytimepally View Post
    Yes, it is Entrapta. That's her original cardback description.
    They filed to renew "Entrapta" in May.
    Quote Originally Posted by headache79 View Post
    So far Masterverse/Revelations hasn't used the original cardback descriptions for characters.

That's been mostly Origins so I lean toward Origins for King Hiss, Entrapta, and Sy-Klone as all three of their under the name descriptions from the vintage line have recent copyright renewals.
    Sweet I hope everything pans out and we get Entrapta and maybe even Catra some time next year.

My photocomic fanfic
    Last update 10/17/2021