Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Origins QC issues

Origins QC issues

Anyone have any qc issues with their new Origins figures? I have a Mer-man with two left shins and two left forearms. The arms are harder to spot but the shins (between knee and boot) make him hard to stand and the lower leg is at an odd angle. Wondering how widespread these issues might be. Remember the reversed shoulders from Motuc?

I bought a Beastman for fodder that had two left feet. My She-Ra's right knee flap was folded under. Fixed that with a heat gun though.

I have a few now and have not run into any mismatched parts. I have had some with some hard to move joints (elbows primarily) but that is all.

Heroic Warrior
    My first Skeletor over the summer had two left shins but thatís the only issue of that kind Iíve run into. Aside from that Iíve had some frozen joints and a few loose joints. (For the record I have every figure released to date except Battle Armor Skeletor, although I have multiple He-Mans, Skeletors and Trap-Jaws)

Iíve also had a frozen elbow that loosened with hot water.

I've had one frozen elbow and one elbow disk that wasn't fully set into the forearm. Other than that no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Iíve also had a frozen elbow that loosened with hot water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I've had one frozen elbow and one elbow disk that wasn't fully set into the forearm. Other than that no issues.
    I've had a few frozen elbows as well, which is always scary because as you try to rock them loose you are doing it just expecting a break. I've been able to get them going by working them by hand a bit for a while so far, but they retain a sponginess to them that isn't cool. I guess that's what happens to your joints when you lift weights like these guys do.

My Roboto has a frozen left elbow. Iím going to try and fix it with the hair dryer after I finish moving this week.

I have had a Beast Man with two right arm pads, and some figures that disconnect very asily at the waist when the legs are moved.

Heroic Warrior
    My Roboto has an in issue with the internal mechanism - gears won't turn all the way, it gets stuck on the head portion and the mouth doesn't move.
    My man-at-arms has a bobble head - not sure if that is a universal issue.

I got a dark green Man at Arms, he's almost the same color as the classics Man at Arms not bright green like the regular ones.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by adam03 View Post
    I got a dark green Man at Arms, he's almost the same color as the classics Man at Arms not bright green like the regular ones.
    Interesting. Got any pics?

Yes pics please
    "There's no back door to heaven just a front door to hell" - DIO RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    Yes pics please
    In will grab some in a bit, after doing some research I have come to the conclusion that the guy I got it from must have switched it with LOP Man at Arms body. One bracer is light blue and the left one is orange but he has the red crotch and boots with the grey belt. Weirdness...
    I will take a pic when I get home from work

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd say QC has been pretty solid for this line. Only issues had were He-Man's harness, the red squares were painted a little sloppy and Man-At-Arms' head was a quite loose.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

In will grab some in a bit, after doing some research I have come to the conclusion that the guy I got it from must have switched it with LOP Man at Arms body. One bracer is light blue and the left one is orange but he has the red crotch and boots with the grey belt. Weirdness...
    I will take a pic when I get home from work
    I can't fathom taking the LoP Man at Arms buck back to the store to save $15. Really? I mean, I'm not doubting your claim. I'm doubting the sanity of someone who would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I'd say QC has been pretty solid for this line. Only issues had were He-Man's harness, the red squares were painted a little sloppy and Man-At-Arms' head was a quite loose.
    I think pretty much everyone got a Man at Arms with a loose neck peg. This is why I loathe the articulated neck peg. I hated it in Classics and I hate it in Origins. The extra articulation it provides doesn't outweigh the colossal failure that arises when this neck peg is loose. It's a ball joint so it already allows good articulation. The neck peg should be stationary. Oh well, at least my LoP Man at Arms has a good neck peg.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I can't fathom taking the LoP Man at Arms buck back to the store to save $15. Really? I mean, I'm not doubting your claim. I'm doubting the sanity of someone who would do that.

Well, he never said he got this from a store this way. He said it came this way from the "guy" he got it from. I don't even see how this is at all related to any Mattel QC issue at all. Sounds like a figure mash-up issue from a private seller to me.

Just got a battle armor he-man with 2 right forearms. Tried a swap with an extra regular he-man however the skin tones are a little off.

Here's a QC issue affecting any figure with the standard Skeletor boots. The boots (but not the feet) are on backwards:

Boots from the factory:

Corrected boots:

Side by side:

Thankfully it's an easy fix. The feet pop right off with the boil and pop method. The boots are marked incorrectly from the factory - the left is marked R and the right is marked L.

Are you sure this is right? If you compare to a vintage evil warrior the larger of the 3 toes is always on the outside of the boot. I tried the swap and the back of the calf overhangs the edge of the boot on at least one side. U may be right though.

I saw this with the Super7 Ultimates foot soldier. His lower boot parts are incorrectly marked R and L so are out on backwards on all figures. Shredder however has the same lower boots and has them on correctly from factory. I posted in the tmnt thread in the other section.
    Last edited by suckator; March 14, 2021 at 04:27pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    My Roboto has an in issue with the internal mechanism - gears won't turn all the way, it gets stuck on the head portion and the mouth doesn't move.
    My man-at-arms has a bobble head - not sure if that is a universal issue.
    With my Roboto the gear spokes are so close together that his visor/mask basically chatters when setting the gimmick into motion. No where near the proper open and close timing. Anyone else? This HAS to be a design flawÖ
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suckator View Post
    Are you sure this is right? If you compare to a vintage evil warrior the larger of the 3 toes is always on the outside of the boot. I tried the swap and the back of the calf overhangs the edge of the boot on at least one side. U may be right though.

I saw this with the Super7 Ultimates foot soldier. His lower boot parts are incorrectly marked R and L so are out on backwards on all figures. Shredder however has the same lower boots and has them on correctly from factory. I posted in the tmnt thread in the other section.
    Yes, that's why I say the feet are right, but the boots are wrong. Meaning to correct it you have to swap boots, then swap feet. The little toe does go on the inside.

Depending on the boot you may or may not get some overhang. On mine it's close but if you line it up it's okay. But you can see with the boots swapped the curve of the boot actually follows the correct anatomy for a lower leg.

Coolest QC issue so far! I wish mine came like this!

Photo= IG @thunderpunchheman
    Attached Images Attached Images

Received a Hordak today with smashed thigh. Looks like it was flattened or pushed in while hot or maybe not enough plastic in the mold. I have at least one qc issue with each wave set of 4 I receive.

Heroic Warrior
    Got a Ninjor with no sword. Fortunately getting a replacement tomorrow.