Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1459

Thread: UPDATED Trademarks List: New, Unused And/Or Notable

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    A fellow He-Fan/She-Raver on Facebook discovered a couple interesting Trademarks/registrations by Mattel:

- Double Mischief (probably Double Trouble as Activision owns Double Trouble as a Skylanders character now)

ALSO, Mattel filed a TM for Barbie, Princess of Power. We might finally be getting a She-Ra Barbie! This could be a specialty SDCC item for She-Ra's upcoming 30th Anniversary.

Hopefully, she will be done like the amazing DC Collector Barbies Mattel did:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...d702f764d8.jpg
    Really? Double Mischief? Really?

I get it. Trouble, Mischief. Mischief, Trouble. But that name is bad. I'm raising the B.S. flag on that name. That name makes me feel pain and agony. Whoever came up with the name needs to set the thesaurus down and step away.

I sure in hades unholy name hope that is a Monster High name.

I'd be happy with a change to Triple Trouble and just give her three faces a la Man-E-Faces.
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    A fellow He-Fan/She-Raver on Facebook discovered a couple interesting Trademarks/registrations by Mattel:

- Double Mischief (probably Double Trouble as Activision owns Double Trouble as a Skylanders character now)
    As long as the new name isn't completely odious- which this certainly isn't at least by my standard- what's in it? Just make the figure and I'll be happy.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    (in fact, if you reread his message you'll notice he misspelled Oo-Larr as Ool-Larr right here while telling us that it wasn't typo for Mo-Larr).
    Well in this thread he is TECHNICALLY being truthful, Ool-Larr was NEVER a typo for Mo-Larr

I agree with your thought though as Oo-Larr and Mo-Larr are too close and the Oo-Larr name makes no sense for Jungle He-man. sure as you said it has a primitive quality, but it doesn't fit most of the naming logic for MOTU, even the new characters. it was a typo nd Scott decided to use it instead of have to think up a new name and go through the process of registering it etc, not a crime though and honestly, one of the less objectional things Scott has lied about, in fact if the typo thing was the case and what I said is how things played out, it is much better to be honest, it's a fun and silly story that most fans would be ok with. even though I dislike the oo-larr name myself. I think the fans are to blame though as pre- Mo-Larr some theorized it was Alcala/ Jungle he-man. I would prefer the Name Alc-alor or something to give homage to the artist, even Nor-em, Rud-Yor or something to give honor to some of the great artists that rendered a fantastic barbarian he-man.

ah well what's done is done.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    As long as the new name isn't completely odious- which this certainly isn't at least by my standard- what's in it? Just make the figure and I'll be happy.
    Agreed! I'd rather work around a name we don't care to use then a design change we all collectively hate.

I am surprised they didn't go the She-Ra vintage name route and use a name like "Doublecrossa" or something akin to that.

And "Shakoti" was a mistake made before it got to Mattel. Scott's mistake there was not proofreading.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; November 20, 2013 at 01:32pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'd be happy with a change to Triple Trouble and just give her three faces a la Man-E-Faces.
    How about Triple Terrible ?????????
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    If you want three faces, buy a Man-E-Faces figure off Ebay. Double Trouble is meant to have two faces and that's it. Giving her more breaks the entire theme of the character, not to mention her name as DOUBLE Trouble.

If "Double Mischief" is the actual name they are going with for Double Trouble, it is quite terrible and a rather sad attempt at renaming the character. Who would approve such a thing...they get paid for this??? Please put someone on staff that is an actually creator, professional writer, or character designer to come up with these names. The person they have now, whether that is Scott or someone else, keeps coming up with stuff like this, PebblAss, and Bandwidth. And smack the person that approved it...shame on them.

I liked the suggestion of calling her "Doublia", the name used for her on foreign packaging. At least that was actually part of the characters history. As a friend of mine suggested, it's just like how they called Flipshot by the initial name given to the character; Icarius. I'd much rather have that than a name created using a Thesaurus for the word "trouble".

Attachment 90308

Heroic Warrior
    Doublia is cool!

Doublecrossa was also a cool suggestion (since it "matches" names like Netossa).

Double Mischief is ... a pretty poor replacement name.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Doublia doesn't sound right nor does Double Mischief - mouth full. Doublecrossa sounds cool.
    MOTU Origins Wishlist: Oo-Larr, Rattlor, Hawke, Slamurai, Lodar, Snake Face, Geldor, Plasmar, Lord Gr'Asp, Strobo, Extendar, Jitsu, Tung Lashor

Correlation is not causation. Remember your logical fallacies, ladies and gents.
    Please check out my custom figures. The first few stink but I get better.

https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?277602-Masters-of-the-Hadleyverse

I also wrote a fanfic. See the fanfic board. At least four people like it.

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Doublecrossa +1!

wouldn't mind a hyphen in there maybe

Bring back Classics! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    Doublecrossa +1!

wouldn't mind a hyphen in there maybe
    I'd be in favor of Doublecrossa/Double-Crossa as well for an alternative.

I'm very much warming up to Doublecrossa!
    Looking for any specific Classics figures? Let me know via PM what you might be looking for and I'll look through some boxes and see if we can help each other out!

I suggested Duplicitina to some friends of mine.

**Edited for Accuracry**
    So the way the list works is that under each faction i listed all the trademarks exist for that faction, then underneath the ones that are needed, and finally, if applicable, characters from each faction that are highly likely of having characters made based on the Fan Choice Poll we had last year http://www.he-man.org/news_article.php?id=2252 , as well as a list off of Emiliano's blog http://santalux.blogspot.com/2013/07/factual.html . If a character doesn't appear in any one of these categories, then until further information providing us with concrete evidence or a trademark, they will remain off of it.

Note: I pulled out Songster, due to the public outcry for non concept characters to be put on the back burner, but it should be noted that Songster had is trademark due to the fact that he was in the running for the Fan Choice Award. *It should also be noted that both Oo-lar, Ceratus, Darius and Dare's names have been used in the bios, but figures have not come out yet. This could mean their names were just used for the bios and no figure is intended for them. ** Adding some characters off Emiliano's list since 3 of his suggestions ended up on Fan Choice figure. ***TG list to Emiliano for cross checking.

This list should hopefully make things a little easier to understand in the future

Masters
    Rio Blast
    Gwildor
    Eldor
    Granita
    Dre-Elle
    Uncle Montork

Needed
    Rotar

Filmation needed
    Lizardman
    Melathka***

Dare, Son of Heman
    Dare*

POP
    Mermista
    Sweet Bee
    Spinnerella
    Lighthope***

Needed
    Angella
    Double Trouble
    Peekablue
    Perfuma

Filmation needed
    Twiggets **

Galactic Guardians
    Tuskador
    Artilla
    Darius*

Needed
    Spinwit
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Sagitar

Jetlag needed

Evil Warriors

Needed
    Ninjor
    Saurod
    Twistoid

Filmation needed
    hover bots **

Horde
    Multi-Bot
    Entrapta
    Dymalug
    Tung Lasher
    Despara

Needed
    Dragstor

Filmation Needed
    Imp
    Vultak ***
    Col. Blast ***

Snakemen
    Tung Lashor
    Squeeze

Needed
    Blast Attack

Space Mutants

Needed
    Lizzor
    Hoove
    Butthead
    Quakke
    Staghorn

Jetlag needed
    Crita

Mini Comic
    Lodar
    Oo-Larr*

Mini comic Needed

200x
    Ceratus*

Needed
    Calix
    Prahvus

Independent

Independent Needed
    Masque

Vehicles
    Battle Ram Chariot
    Silver Storm
    Arrow
    Crystal Castle

Others
    JASON OF ETHERIA
    CRIMSON ROSE
    CHEF ALAN[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by facet; January 27, 2015 at 10:49pm.

Someone on FB mentioned that there are two new trademarks.

TRICKY GOLDEN BEAUTY
    LIGHT HOPE

Tricky Golden Beauty.....could be for Double Trouble
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Tricky Golden Beauty.....could be for Double Trouble
    It's for Entrapta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's for Entrapta.
    It's for Movie God Skeletor.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    No its for Entrapta as that was her original tag line on the box when she was originally released in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreann'ot View Post
    You wish!

... me too tbh

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    No its for Entrapta as that was her original tag line on the box when she was originally released in the 80s.
    ... I was kidding...

Unless you categorize Skeletor as a "beauty". Then, I could see where the confusion might have been.
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Someone on FB mentioned that there are two new trademarks.

TRICKY GOLDEN BEAUTY
    LIGHT HOPE
    I'm more excited about LIGHT HOPE !!! Another character like the UNNAMED ONE ?

AWESOME !!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I'm more excited about LIGHT HOPE !!! Another character like the UNNAMED ONE ?
    Or Light Hope is the Unnamed One!

Mind=Blown.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA