Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More females are coming in 2011

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

More females are coming in 2011

We do have quite a few females planned for 2011, but right now we can not comment on any figures beyond Hssss.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2131094575/m/8391017146

I hope they fixed those neck and plastic problems...

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Yay!!!! I can't wait i hope quite a few is at least four or more

We need Tallstar and a gif, pronto!
    Aaron’s Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catra’s Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

I saw that! I'm so excited! Hopefully that means the problems will all be fixed AND we see a new female buck! I need to find the quote Mattel gave about a possible new female buck. It was before She-Ra came out.

Off to searching!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Great news! I have no problem waiting for new females,as long as TG avoids using 'If' when he mentions em'!
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I saw that! I'm so excited! Hopefully that means the problems will all be fixed AND we see a new female buck! I need to find the quote Mattel gave about a possible new female buck. It was before She-Ra came out.

Off to searching!
    He answered some of your questions too. One is favorable, one isn't. It's in the Toyguru news thread.
    (I think he misunderstood my Buzz-Off question...)

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He answered some of your questions too. One is favorable, one isn't. It's in the Toyguru news thread.
    (I think he misunderstood my Buzz-Off question...)
    I saw that! I was both excited and disappointed in less than 20 seconds.

I think I found the quote I was referring to:

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    5. Darkspecter: We have been told that female figures will use the one-piece outfit. Would Mattel consider making it a two-piece outfit instead so they can use the waist-twist feature, especially for female figures that have distinct waists, skirts, pants, etc?

We went right to the Four Horsemen for this one:

“This is something that we will look into the next time we get to a figure that has an applicable design. We also want to see how the softer material works out on the Adora figure before we make any big decisions. The biggest issue that we have is that the body design was built for a one piece outfit. We are not 100% sure that we can make it work without a complete tooling overhaul. We will keep you posted as we move forward. Just keep in mind that since we work so far ahead that you may not see the results for a while!”
    So, this answer was given in December 2009. By April, 2011 (at the earliest), I think that should be enough time for a new female buck...or "complete tooling overhaul."
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    SWEET!!!! *happy dances & happily wags squirrelly tail*
    Does Galactus fart?

Keep in mind that he doubtlessly counts reissues of the existing female figures (She-Ra, Teela, Lyn, Adora) and potential redecos/variants (pale-skinned Evil-Lyn) into "quite a few".

We have 8 unknown monthly figures, and I sincerely doubt more than 2 slots will be "new" female characters.

Very good! I really hope we get at least two more POP females and one MOTU female (whether it be Marlena, Sorceress or whoever) this year.
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    We need Tallstar and a gif, pronto!

I am done. Closing up shop to be by myself for awhile.

Last edited by Tallstar; August 15, 2010 at 09:21am.

This is very exciting! I hope that Catra is one of the upcoming females.

I wonder if the number of subscriptions that were sold for next year has anything to do with this announcement?

It doesn't. The line was planned out month to month through 2016 back when Stratos was made. We haven't really changed anything so far from this "master road map". We know exactly when each figure is coming at this point (granted the line keeps going!)

The women of this line are valuable, I'm sure T.G & Mattel know this and they know a large number of fans want them. Charcters like Glimmer, Catra, Castaspella & Angella & Frosta, along with The Sorceress and Queena Marlana are gonna be big sellers IMO so will probably be spaced out over the comming years. I hope we get a minimum of 3 to 4 female figures a year, 2 popular fan demanded characters and hopefully one or two supporting POP characters. I'm really hoping for 4 or more female figures a year.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info, ToyGuru! I'll continue to support the line now and in the future.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    CATRA!!!! SCORPIA!!!! and SHADOW WEAVER!!!!

And Octavia and Entrapta too!

But then, any of the fair maidens a plus!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Hopefully a 2002 Sorceress is part of that list.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope not, I am not a fan of women figures, besides She-Ra & Teela & Evil Lynn thats all I need

Great news indeed.
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Well, there had to be. Even excluding Shadow Weaver & co, there's more than fifteen significant females still to come - including Marlena, Sorceress, Hawke, Veena, Catra, Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella and Frosta - and between MYP and the toy/styleguide POP split, nearly all of the female characters have at least one potential variant. That means they need two/three new females a year, plus one or two variants, to stay even vaguely on-track.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Keep in mind that he doubtlessly counts reissues of the existing female figures (She-Ra, Teela, Lyn, Adora) and potential redecos/variants (pale-skinned Evil-Lyn) into "quite a few".

We have 8 unknown monthly figures, and I sincerely doubt more than 2 slots will be "new" female characters.
    Don't forget the DC/MotU two-packs as well. There's six due next year, of which only the Mer-Man & Stratos packs have been specified, and at least one of those'll surely have a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Hopefully a 2002 Sorceress is part of that list.
    Doubt it - they've said they're going to prioritise the vintage designs where they're planning both 198X & 200X versions. And besides, as a variant figure, she'll probably need to wait for Angella to come out in the monthly line for her wings.
    Last edited by Reboot; August 14, 2010 at 01:19am.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man Pab View Post
    I hope not, I am not a fan of women figures, besides She-Ra & Teela & Evil Lynn thats all I need
    Hope you didn't get a sub then. MANY more are coming. MANY more. They said they want to get to a lot of POP if the time comes, and there are a lot of female MOTU characters that they could make.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    This is good news! I love the female form! In real life and in 6'' scale!

I'm crossing my fingers for a blue and gold Castaspella.!

At least FOUR females are confirmed for 2011! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!

Originally posted by Toyguru:
    As far as a few other issues, I know a lot of fans are asking about the "lack of females". While we did not show any females at SDCC, there will be more females in 2011 then we did in 2010. We just did not have any slotted for Jan - March. There are still plenty of monthly figs to go and A-list variant slots as well. A lot more of 2011 is left to reveal! Stay tuned.
    Scott
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/6561032246

There were 3 women in 2010: Adora, Evil-Lyn and She-Ra. So...we're guaranteed at least four!

Catra and Sweet Bee have to be coming because they're both trademarked! Somebody better watch out for the jealous beauty.

TG said more females are coming in 2011 (according to the plan) than we had in 2010. We had 3 females in 2010 (unless he's counting the Silver She-Ra which I'm going to assume he's not) so that means we are getting at least 4 new females in 2011!

Possibilities?

Catra (seems almost like a given from the rumors... but you never know how much you can trust those)
    Marlena (this seems to make sense as she's one of the few female MOTU characters they can do right now, right?)
    Sweet Bee (only because she was trademarked, but they could be throwing us off. I'd love it to be Catra, but they could be holding her back)
    And... maybe blonde Teela?

Ahh... this makes everything so much better

and, MGM, thank you for posting this (and for several of your other posts lately )

and Darkspecter - thank you too
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot