Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Loose MOTU Clamshell

They're called clamshell-packaging.com

If you check their "stock clamshells" you can find a huge variety of clamshell sizes that I think that would fit any MOC figure.

The only downside against zoloworld is that they probably don't offer UV protection and that they will be interesting only for complete collections, while again the remaining quantity has to go on eBay.

However, by contacting the company and explaining about their usage for action figures, I guess they can make offers for smaller quantities, while the price would remain low in comparison to zoloworld.

Hello my friend

Zoloworld cases are made specific for 5 3/4" action figures like MOTU and figures of that size. These cases are also designed with a slot for the figure's mini-comic. Unlike bubble style cases, our cases are built specific to reduce the impact of early leg warping, which we is becoming per-dominant in rubber band style action figures. You can also give your action figure "Double Insurance" by putting a mini sleeve around the legs. This year, we have proposed a new "b" style to our loose case by offering some additional room to allow larger figures to fit. We will still offer the "a" style cases, as they are figure specific and does not yield much room for movement. In order to keep longevity to our action figures, i.e. reducing paint rubbing ect. I find that the more form fit the case is to the loose figure, the better. This is why we are also creating cases for loose 3 3/4" figures as well.

Some specifics: Leech will fit the case, but I would not suggest using it for him, Spikor will fit when you take off his arm extension (as he was in his package) Sorceress and squeeze will fit no problem as well as king hiss.

Hope this helps.

This question is for anyone that has ordered from Earthtoymall. When you bought the hotwheels clamshells how much was shipping? I was about to order 25 cases for $16.00, but shipping was $15. There is no way that shipping should be that high for something that will weigh only a few ounces.

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

Twenty-five clam shells cost me 27.66. Just be sure you order as many as you need. I ended up having to order an additional 25 later on.
    Those who can master the kairu can become all-powerful Redakai

I ordered directly from Pro-Tech.
    I got 100 cases shipped for a little under $100
    I didn't know they were cheaper some where else.
    Now Im still short about 10-15.

Umbloo
    Great Traders :Wrathofskeletor,Patrick Bateman,Malakai9999,Baron Karza,Jacob,Toyjesus,Norvel33,NilsorII,Cjbol,Corbe e99,Skeledeuce,Hemanlives,TrozBloodbone,Mikescab,S pikor66,MEKANOSE,MOTU,Orko32,Fugitoid,BattleCatsMy Daddy,Domercon,slgcmg,Royalt1us,Bob,Sanctitas,Bone head,Lee,hogwart727,bengali94,Greyskull Guardsman,woo,Bigdaddy51200,Troy-Klops,ThePuzzler,ledmanno

i still have loose clam shells i dont need, because I bought too many, and earthtoymall doesnt do refunds.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Widget

concern regarding MOTU Loose Cases

I'm trying to find a good, cheap case to use for displaying my loose MOTU collection. I know this has been discussed. I've searched all over and read through a number of threads.

I thought I found the solution in the ProTech soft case for carded Hot Wheels. I've seen a number of photos showing loose figures in these cases, so I ordered 100.

I don't know if they've made these smaller recently or what, but the only way I can get even the most basic figures (He-Man, Man-E-Faces, Moss Man, etc.) to fit in them is to cram them in and angle them slightly. I really hate shoving them in there like that. I know the larger figures will never fit. I guess it would be ok if I was just looking to store good condition figures but I'd like to use them on near mint figured.

The best thing about them is the price, of course. I got 100 for $70.

I've seen plenty of posts about the Zoloworld loose cases, but dang those things are expensive. $300 for 100? That's just crazy.

So, there's got to be a better option, right? Anyone have anything for me?

Thanks!

I use the cases you are referring to for all my loose MOTU figs and have no problems with fitting them just fine. I was even able to fit Leech with both sides of the case stretching out a bit. I guess they could have made them smaller recently, but I doubt they would have done that as they sell a ton of these for carded Hot Wheels. Are you certain you bought the correct case? I mean it sounds like you did, just not sure how to help. Can you post a pic of a fig in one of the cases?

Widget
    Yeah, this is one of the threads I was referring to...

These are the same cases as best I can tell. They are the soft plastic cases made for the carded hot wheels.

I guess it's possible to get the figures to fit but I don't like how you have to angle them and squish them in the case. Seems like it could lead to damage in some way, paint, deformation, etc. For example, to fit he-man I have to angle his arms, tilt him to the side, and kind of wiggle him around to get it secured, and his arms are still pushing out the sides a little.

I'd like it if they were standing straight up for display purposes. I just think it'd look better than crammed in the plastic case.

So, anyone found a slightly larger case that doesn't cost $3 each??

Heroic Podcaster
    I'm a Zolo fan - I use their stuff for MOC vintage, loose vintage and MOC MOTUC. I did not know they make a B style loose MOTU case, I need to look into that. I have simply been cutting out small sections of the loose cases for figures like Snout Spout, Spikor and Mantenna.

I stick with Zolo because they do such a great job with customer service and they were one of, if not THE, first company to offer these things. Heck, even Matty ripped off their MOTUC cases! Zolo is not the cheapest but, to me, they are the best.

No, I am not affiliated with Zolo at all, nor am I being compensated in any way to say these things. Just my opinion after dealing with them for a few years. Always happy with Zolo.
    Last edited by SunDevil; April 17, 2014 at 01:04pm.
    THE VINTAGE-TO-CLASSICS COUNTDOWN IS COMPLETE!!!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I'm still trying to find the perfect case that match up with the Zolo cases, just to round up my additional figures that need cases still. They've been sitting for years now.

Zolo cases are great and look fantastic. They have that vintage vibe about them and the comic book slot makes them look intentional. Very nice.

You will however need to fine another case for some of the other figures complete. Clamp Champ and Rio Blast have very large accessories for instance, and I remember somebody not fitting in because of the head, Snout Spout maybe? Also, the Energy Zoids will mess up the comic if you squeeze it all in there. Just a little too fat. Some other odds and ends also don't fit, but 90% or more will be right at home.

Also, about the comics, you'll want to put the comic in a baggie before you put them into the clamshell with the figures. They will rub. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but just like the carded figures, they will start to rub. But I just made a little slip from little ziplock bags from a hardware store, just cut them short. You could also cut two sides off a sandwich bag or something I'm sure. It's clear and you wont see it, and the two sides would be enough to keep it in place.

Widget
    Geeat tips, thanks!

Its been awhile since I have been on here. Thanks for the kind words about our products. Our goal has always been to have a cost effective protective case for the archival collector (MOC / LOOSE). When a Zoloworld protective case is produced, a great deal of resources is used in bringing it to market. In the near seven years we have been producing cases, we have never raised our prices and do not intend to.

Our cases are rigorously tested to ensure that the figure being protected will withstand extreme climate changes including freeze - thaw conditions and heavy moisture. Cases are drop tested, put into extremely dusty conditions and heat tested. We do not offer UV protection because we feel it is not necessary, as most of the people collecting figures display their collections away from sunlight. Our acid free loose cases were / are designed to help prevent leg warp which is an ongoing problem for rubber band figures. The cases are made also for an aesthetic appeal with the case looking like a half carded action figure. Before we began producing cases, the common place was to "protect" your figure in a sealable sandwich baggie. Of the several thousand figures that went through that torture, not many made it out unscathed. The massive moisture build up and chemical reaction to acid plastic made a condition where figure legs just dropped off or became dangerously loose. If you still have figures in sealed baggies, please..please take them out.

We are continuously making new innovative cases based on fan demand. Its not an overnight process, as each case is designed, prototyped, tooled, manufactured and imported. Lots of work is put into the creative process and our cost to produce keeps rising and our pricing remains consistent. When you purchase a case from us, you not only get a superior piece of protection, you get our customer service and support. Something we feel that has slowly disappeared in the world of collecting. We thank everyone for the support!
    Last edited by Warrior Knight; March 23, 2014 at 06:38am.

Widget
    Anyone know where I could find clamshells for moc 200x figures? Zolo had them but they have been sold out for some time...

Ninjor looks sooo perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by skelehorde View Post
    The higher quality cases would be the zoloworld cases & i would say the better case.

The cheapest case around for MOTU would be the protech 55cents each but work well.

i just got 100 cases for my loose figures . i got them from theearthtoymall.com/sofcashotwhe.html. they are made for hotwheels but fit all vintage MOTU except Round back Two-bad. they cost $55.00USD for 100 cases + shipping

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSCF4941.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSCF4946.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSCF4947.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...m/DSCF4948.jpg

Note: i got the black permant marker off the bottom of king hsss & whiplash's feet(initials BB) if you can see it in the pic, using a sponge called 'White Magic', it works well to clean figures & you just need to use water.

I use zoloworld for MOC

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSCF4914-1.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSCF4870-1.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSCF4918-1.jpg

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/a...DSCF4907-1.jpg

Is there a cheaper alternative to Cases for loose figures?

Is there a cheaper alternative to Cases for loose figures? similar to the Zoloworld and the ones that Madhunter sells?

Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.

Funko POP protectors work perfectly. The mini comic fits behind the figure and the protectors are just the right height. You can get a pack of 50 for 20 to 30 bucks. I recommend the SHUMI POP protectors.