Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This can't be good for the movie, Mattel !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes, but none of them have been the current script, the one that’s at Sony and that was penned by the writers who wrote Predators.
    Yep, that's the in-the-works script I was talking about. Didn't know it had actually been penned, so appreciate the info.

I think SimbasGuard must be referring to the Justin Marks script, which is no longer being used.
    Actually I was referring to The Script that is in the works and I should have referred to it as such. I am basing my opinion off the interview with one of the writers that Krueger posted.
    I apologize for the way I miss-worded my post.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

Quote Originally Posted by fantombe View Post
    Yep, that's the in-the-works script I was talking about. Didn't know it had actually been penned, so appreciate the info.
    There was another interview with the writer a few weeks ago on another website. He didn't actually talk about MOTU but the interviewer did say that he was just finishing rewrites on the MOTU script.

Quote Originally Posted by SimbasGuard View Post
    Actually I was referring to The Script that is in the works and I should have referred to it as such. I am basing my opinion off the interview with one of the writers that Krueger posted.
    I apologize for the way I miss-worded my post.
    Ah, okay. No problem. Still, I don't think a lot can be taken from that interview. We still don't actually know the kind of story they're going for.
    Last edited by Krueger; October 23, 2010 at 06:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ah, okay. No problem. Still, I don't think a lot can be taken from that interview. We still don't actually know the kind of story they're going for.
    Thanks and you make a very good point. It just worries me because I really think, that if the script does not work. No director no matter how insightful, no actor no matter how talented, no special effects no matter how stunning. Can save a movie from a bad script. So I honestly hope that they get at least a solid outline of a script before they choose a director and start casting.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

If they are serious about this film, they'll make it; but keep in mind that this property other than the on-line collectors series isn't in retail, print, i.e. comics or currently on television; when studios see films to green-light, they see money, profit, etc. Anyways, isn't a Hotwheels movie coming out? Mattel has a bad rep about overbearing and over-controlling the film, director script etc.