Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thundarr The Barbarian to DVD & Blu-Ray

Thundarr The Barbarian to DVD & Blu-Ray

Via Warner Archive twitter account:
    Thundarr the Barbarian + Josie & the Pussycats in Outer Space in late sept
    Thundarr will be getting a DVD release via Warner Archive. I've been waiting for this one for a long time.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Holee Jeebus! It's about friggin' time! Now if they only get Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends and You Can't Do That On Television on dvd...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yes FINALLY!! Will def buy this, just was given the action figures by a friend
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Joy! Been waiting for this for a while.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

Sweet! You are just full of great news today Firefly!!! After He-Man, this is my favorite barbarian hero(yes, even more than Conan). I need to pull out my Thundarr, Ariel, and Ookla toys from a few years ago.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Yes FINALLY!! Will def buy this, just was given the action figures by a friend
    I'm jealous I really liked those figures! and the herculoids set too.

I hope to get this when it comes out. how do you order these anyway? do they ship to canada?
    Last edited by krosfyah; August 24, 2010 at 08:34pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Wow, way to go WB Home Video -- I wonder what future releases they have lined up to surprise us with? Great to see Thundarr finally get a home video release, although I'm a bit surprised that WBHV didn't simply include Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space as it only had 16 episodes (and JatPC only had 16 episodes).

Wasn't aware toys came out. Of the Herculoids too?! Oh man, I wish I still could collect.

If the DVD's got lots of extras and things, like the MOTU sets, I'll definitely get it.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Apokoliptian Ravager Mr. Roboto's Avatar
    Lords of Light! I'm looking forward to this!

Now, if they could just get Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends; (1980s)The Incredible Hulk and the 90s Incredible Hulk cartoon series out, I'd have it made in the shade.

Demon dogs... I still can't believe it!
    "Once a symbol of terror, I will make this a symbol of honor."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Wow, way to go WB Home Video -- I wonder what future releases they have lined up to surprise us with?
    I was talking to David Lambert of tvshowsondvd.com some tonight and he told me, "We also know things we can't talk about yet," so I'm guessing there will be more shows announced in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    If the DVD's got lots of extras and things, like the MOTU sets, I'll definitely get it.
    It is doubtful since Warner Archive is their DVD on demand (DVD-R) division which is basically for shows and movies they don't think would sell enough copies at retail. I would guess Thundarr will be a bare bones release.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    It is doubtful since Warner Archive is their DVD on demand (DVD-R) division which is basically for shows and movies they don't think would sell enough copies at retail. I would guess Thundarr will be a bare bones release.
    It reminds me of A&E or PBS method of DVD release, just a burned DVD. In education you get used to buying those, so its nice to see that maybe studios have picked up on it to get some programs which would never be released otherwise
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I was going to ask about that, if these releases we΄re going to be the "On Demand" thing, and sad news for international fans, with this digital era, many of us are left behind , but I guess that this is the only way that they can actually release a series who they thing is not going to move a lot of sets...I just hope "The Centurions" get a normal DVD release

Anyway, I΄m happy for those who are going to get the series

Later...
    Have You Ever Felt the True Power of the Cosmo?

Oy... I can MAKE my own DVD-R of the show. Anyone can. But I guess if it sells well enough, perhaps, that might show interest in a decent release. But if Warner just dumps it's stuff there and let's it rot, then I say why would anyone bother paying for that?
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

I'll be sure to pick it up when it's out.

Great news! I'll pick it up if the price it right.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I still love this show. That DVD set is so bought!

On a related note, I own the Toynami Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla figures. They are terrific!
    Last edited by Teelor; August 27, 2010 at 12:04pm.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    On a related note, I own the Toynami Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla figures. They are terrific!
    It's a shame they never made their horses or any villains for the line.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I will be taking the day off work that day to go pick up my copy and watching it in peice since everyone will be out of the house at work or school!

I proudly display my thundarr figs in my toy room, but there are only the 3 main characters and the variant thundarr that i still have carded.

wish they would have did more!

=(
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    I will be taking the day off work that day to go pick up my copy and watching it in peice since everyone will be out of the house at work or school!

I proudly display my thundarr figs in my toy room, but there are only the 3 main characters and the variant thundarr that i still have carded.

wish they would have did more!

=(
    You won't be able to go pick up a copy - they won't be in any retail stores. You have to order it online from Warner Archive.

I guess I should have read more into the release of it!

i guess i'll just wait till i get the shipping info then call off an emergency day after i get it!

=)
    Oh MOTU, Why Can't I Quit You!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    Oy... I can MAKE my own DVD-R of the show. Anyone can. But I guess if it sells well enough, perhaps, that might show interest in a decent release. But if Warner just dumps it's stuff there and let's it rot, then I say why would anyone bother paying for that?
    Well the big difference is the DVD's we would make would be coming from cable or satellite.

These are direct transfers from their masters (just no fancy production work or bonus features)

I am always willing to pay for something, especially if this turns out to be somewhat profitable and leads to further series getting on demand releases.

Most of us would love BCI quality boxed sets, but since animation sells like crap on the market I am at the point where any release is better than none at all.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Most of us would love BCI quality boxed sets, but since animation sells like crap on the market I am at the point where any release is better than none at all.
    I agree, especially with as fantastic a series as Thundarr was. Also, as many of you know, but maybe some do not, the last Warner Brothers Saturday Morning Cartoons: The 80s set included a documentary on Thundarr, if you're interested in at least one bonus feature. It was pretty in-depth and IF Thundarr had been a mass-market release, this is about the only bonus it probably would have contained anyway.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    DEMON DOGS!!!

Gotta snatch this bad boy up as soon as it hits!!!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

A Warner Archive twitter response today to a question on the official release date of Thundarr (& Josie):
    We will make an official announcement when the pre-order for these, and approx 5 more genre titles go up in early September.

Hey, Josie and the Pussycats in Outerspace too! I love Alex Toth's stuff!

Wish they'd put out the complete Space Stars and the original Herculoids as well. And of course Galtar and the Golden Lances is overdue. But I'll be happy to get this and Pirates of Darkwater.