Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thundarr The Barbarian to DVD & Blu-Ray

Heroic Warrior
    I have already preordered my Blu Ray copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    A line of Funko pops are coming too. I'd love to see Super7 put out Ultimates...
    me too, I would love an ultimate set of figures
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Warrior
    So what are your favorite episodes?

Mine are "Stalker From The Stars"(season 1) and "Prophecy of Peril"(season 2).

Thundarr features in the new Scooby Doo movie "The Sword and the Scooby."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    Wait, WHAT!?!? Is the movie out now?
    cogito ergo doleo

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Wait, WHAT!?!? Is the movie out now?
    Yes, "Scooby-Doo: The Sword and the Scoob" was released Feb 23.

Yes, "Scooby-Doo: The Sword and the Scoob" was released Feb 23.
    Thanks. Just watched it. Not bad but man I want a new thundarr cartoon now.
    cogito ergo doleo

Unfortunately, The Sword And The Scoob has been delayed by a month and won't be available until the end of March here, but it will be available when Wonder Woman 1984 is released on DVD as well, so I shall get them then.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Thanks. Just watched it. Not bad but man I want a new thundarr cartoon now.
    A new Thundarr cartoon would be awesome. I wish Toynami could reissue those figures they released back in 2003? Those were great and still look good even compared to todays standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Unfortunately, The Sword And The Scoob has been delayed by a month and won't be available until the end of March here, but it will be available when Wonder Woman 1984 is released on DVD as well, so I shall get them then.
    Not sure if I would bother getting it on DVD. I have it download which is good enough for me. Although if the DVD has some good extras on it I would probably get it.

I wish that Super7 would pick up the license to do Ultimates...

I wish that Super7 would pick up the license to do Ultimates...
    One wave of your figures, the three heroes and one villain, would be pretty cool.

One wave of your figures, the three heroes and one villain, would be pretty cool.
    Yeah, I don't think there's too many notable characters beyond that, is there? I haven't seen the show for many years.

Yeah, I don't think there's too many notable characters beyond that, is there? I haven't seen the show for many years.
    It's been a few years since I seen it. I could be wrong but I think Gemini might have appeared in two episodes but I'm not sure. From what I recall I think he was the only villain that would make an interesting action figure.

A new Thundarr cartoon would be awesome. I wish Toynami could reissue those figures they released back in 2003? Those were great and still look good even compared to todays standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if I would bother getting it on DVD. I have it download which is good enough for me. Although if the DVD has some good extras on it I would probably get it.
    I'm not really one for downloads, I much prefer a physical book, CD or DVD. I will download media if something I want isn't available as a physical release, but it is usually not my primary choice. That said, I recently got a wonderful gift of 150 free music downloads from Gretchen Peters (as did all the fans from her mailing list) which is wonderful, even though I already have all her CD's.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Heroic Warrior

I'm not really one for downloads, I much prefer a physical book, CD or DVD. I will download media if something I want isn't available as a physical release, but it is usually not my primary choice. That said, I recently got a wonderful gift of 150 free music downloads from Gretchen Peters (as did all the fans from her mailing list) which is wonderful, even though I already have all her CD's.
    That is awesome of her! What a great gift to fans. Was only for her music or any?

Preordered Thundarr. Also, grabbed the Pops this morning on Funko.com. Itís so good to have Thundarr back in my life. One of my first cartoon loves. I wish I knew about those Toynami figures when they came out. Waaaay out of my financial reach now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasstor View Post

That is awesome of her! What a great gift to fans. Was only for her music or any?

Preordered Thundarr. Also, grabbed the Pops this morning on Funko.com. Itís so good to have Thundarr back in my life. One of my first cartoon loves. I wish I knew about those Toynami figures when they came out. Waaaay out of my financial reach now.
    The 150 free downloads were Gretchen's songs only including previously unreleased songs, live tracks and demos.

I don't really remember Thundarr from my childhood, I might have to check it out.

Heroic Warrior
    The 150 free downloads were Gretchen's songs only including previously unreleased songs, live tracks and demos.

I don't really remember Thundarr from my childhood, I might have to check it out.
    It’s definitely worth watching. It’s one of the reasons I love Masters of the Universe. It doesn’t have the depth that the MOTU universe eventually created, of course. It only had 2 seasons, zero toys (I don’t remember anything but a lunchbox) and it is Filmways. With the inception of He-Man soon after it’s premier , I assume Thundarr got lost, irrelevant and stuck in distribution/production issues. I, personally, love the apocalyptic Earth aspect to the series. A+

Itís definitely worth watching. Itís one of the reasons I love Masters of the Universe. It doesnít have the depth that the MOTU universe eventually created, of course. It only had 2 seasons, zero toys (I donít remember anything but a lunchbox) and it is Filmways. With the inception of He-Man soon after itís premier , I assume Thundarr got lost, irrelevant and stuck in distribution/production issues. I, personally, love the apocalyptic Earth aspect to the series. A+
    Mego had planned to make some toys for the series but ended up not making any.

Heroic Warrior
    Mego had planned to make some toys for the series but ended up not making any.
    That would have been spectacular. I figured it just came and went so fast there was never time to put anything out. I had the lunchbox as a kid and always wished there were toys. Of course, once He-Man came out, I forgot about Thundarr (like most I assume)

That would have been spectacular. I figured it just came and went so fast there was never time to put anything out. I had the lunchbox as a kid and always wished there were toys. Of course, once He-Man came out, I forgot about Thundarr (like most I assume)
    I never seen it growing up, just came across a VHS when I was in college. Around that same time I seen the Toynami figures and thought they looked stunning. Ironically as soon as I seen them I wished they would make similar He-Man figures shock Mattel would a few years later.
    I had the chance to get the Toynami figures, and came close to buying them but didn't bother. A few years ago then when I looked at them on eBay the prices were a bit too expensive for what I would pay for an action figure.
    I really wish I had bought them when they were originally released. It would be awesome if Toynami could reissue them like they have done some of their Robotech toys.

Heroic Warrior
    I had the chance to get the Toynami figures, and came close to buying them but didn't bother. A few years ago then when I looked at them on eBay the prices were a bit too expensive for what I would pay for an action figure.
    I really wish I had bought them when they were originally released. It would be awesome if Toynami could reissue them like they have done some of their Robotech toys.
    Iím going to Have to start emailing Toynami Regularly and asking for these to be remade. I know, itís probably pointless but, who knows. Lol.

Those aftermarket prices...ooof!

Heroic Warrior
    Itís not the DVD but, I received my Thundarr Pops from Funko earlier this week and I love them! If I canít have the Toynami figures, these will suffice. I need to replace my old lunchbox next!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Itís not the DVD but, I received my Thundarr Pops from Funko earlier this week and I love them! If I canít have the Toynami figures, these will suffice. I need to replace my old lunchbox next!
    Those are pretty awesome.

Heroic Warrior
    Those are pretty awesome.
    Iím way more excited about these than I should be!

Heroic Warrior
    My Blu-ray came today. I know what Iím doing tonight!