Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Realistic way to keep He-Man's "Transformation" & have Battle Cat "Talk"

Come to think of it, when cringer was speaking in the filmation cartoon was there ever any indication that there was an actual conversation taking place? When ever Cringer / battle cat were speaking there was always a bodily reaction that other charactors were responding to.

Cant remember for sure. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would go back and watch for myself, but my wife would think I was mental.

Originally posted September 4, 2010, 05:51pm
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    Come to think of it, when cringer was speaking in the filmation cartoon was there ever any indication that there was an actual conversation taking place? When ever Cringer / battle cat were speaking there was always a bodily reaction that other charactors were responding to.

Cant remember for sure. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would go back and watch for myself, but my wife would think I was mental.
    Yes, he would hold a conversation, if that's what you're asking. But mostly with just the heroes he hung around with, like Adam/He-Man, Orko, Man-At-Arms, Teela I think, etc.

–––––

Oh yeah, in regards to animals not talking, what then about animated objects like a broom, or specifically the character, Broom? Should his character simply be erased? I should say not. I just say that magic doesn't always work in the same way. I mean, BC/Cringer are able to speak due to the magical power of Grayskull, whereas a character like Catra, can magically transform into a panther with her magical mask, but that particular magic limits her to only being able to speak when in her human form, and then a character like Broom, well maybe he was actually once a human that was magically trapped in the form of a broom, or maybe his human essence was transformed from his original life essence from the once living tree he was carved from? That's the whole point of magic, isn't it?
    – No comment.

Realistic? This is a movie! I want it to be interesting and exotic! A realistic transformation from Adam to He-Man? Realistically, all that magic would probably over expose the film or digital video medium. It would be so bright, you couldn't see anything! Not to mention the dangers involved to a film crew releasing that much power from the Power Sword of He!! And a realistic talking cat? Have you heard a cat? The sounds they make would be terrible realistic voices! Just hire a good actor with a great voice and over dub the words to a solid animation.

Realistic? I get realistic everyday. I want AWESOME.