View Poll Results: Should Cringer Or Battle Cat Talk In A New MOTU Movie?

Voters
170. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cringer & Battle Cat Should Talk!

73 42.94%
  • Cringer Should Talk!

3 1.76%
  • Battle Cat Should Talk!

12 7.06%
  • Neither Of Them Should Talk!

68 40.00%
  • Cringer Should Only Be In The Movie & He Should Talk!

1 0.59%
  • Cringer Should Only Be In The Movie & He Shouldn't Talk!

0 0%
  • Battle Cat Should Only Be In The Movie & He Should Talk!

0 0%
  • Battle Cat Should Only Be In The Movie & He Shouldn't Talk!

11 6.47%
  • Neither Should Be In The Movie!

2 1.18%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should Cringer Or Battle Cat Talk In A New MOTU Movie?

Neither should talk, but IF either will, it should be Battle Cat, but only with He-Man and only when both are transformed.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

It seems that neither talking is just ahead, though I wish it was higher, for as much as I didn't hate Cringer and Battlecat talking in the 80s series, I have never really been a big fan of talking animals in any show, so I was extremely happy when neither talked in the reboot!

Neither should talk. I can see them understanding what people say, but only being able to respond with growls etc. We can't speak Wookie, but we understand Chewbaca.

While I think the probability of it being done poorly is quite high, I still have to hope for a talking Cringer and Battle-Cat. Cringer's voice and personality are what I fell in love with thirty five years ago, and it was the most disappointing thing for me about the new cartoon (though I did much prefer Adam looking nothing like He-Man in it).
    I'm pessimistic about the new movie being good at all, given all the poorly done remakes we see these days, but I very much hope I'm wrong.

Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    Either no talking, or talking through telepathy.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress

Having either of them talk could take away from their character. Cringer can show cowardess without speaking and Battle Cat can show strength and might without speaking. Just my opinion.

I've been unable to decide this for a long time now. I'm finally going to go with talking battle at. Not cringer. I feel like it would be a cool cinematic story beat that would resonate with the audience.

I thought Liam Neeson voicing Aslan in the Narnia films worked really well. Dialogue added gravitas and emotion to that character. A good actor could really add to Cringer/Battle Cat's integrity as a character.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jjhuehn View Post
    I thought Liam Neeson voicing Aslan in the Narnia films worked really well. Dialogue added gravitas and emotion to that character. A good actor could really add to Cringer/Battle Cat's integrity as a character.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Very true but Aslan spoke in the original source material.

I’m not sure how I feel about it. I can see both sides of this argument. I suppose it can see it being done well either way.

My vote would have to be that Battle Cat is sentient and can communicate but only to the extend the anatomy could allow, maybe sort of like Chewbacca with He-Man being on of the few who can understand the language of the big cats.

Certainly have Cringer and Battle Cat in the film but whether they should talk comes down to what works in live action. If he winds up looking like Mr Ed when he speaks, dump the idea. I think they could make it work.

With a good story and the right amount of emotion in some key scenes I think the character can be established and defined perfectly without ever needing to talk, I’m sure that having them talk can be done tasteful in a non-campy way. But I’d be concerned that having the character talk wiuld actually allow the writers to be a bit too complacent in establishing his loyalty and connection with Adam. I think you want to provoke that feeling that every young boy had with his first dog, that unwavering love and loyalty. If you put Battle Cat in jeapordy at some point in the movie (and vice-versa, maybe he sacrifices himself to save Adam/He-Man) that scene could do more than him uttering a thousand words.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Very true but Aslan spoke in the original source material.
    Battle Cat could talk in the original source material.

As far back as Tri-klops mini comic he's quite vocal

And the first to my knowledge Cringer existing was in the original DC comics mini series... and Cringer talked there too.

dc-comics-tttg-06.jpg

So really, until the 200x series Battle Cat ALWAYS talked. I definitely want that to continue.

I am all about some talking Cringer! Seriously, I'd be OK if they brought back Alan Oppenheimer to do Cringer's voice and then found someone with a crazy scary voice to do Battle Cat. It could turn out amazingly over the top crazy fun! And that's what I want from a MOTU movie. Let's fully embrace how crazy this property is and celebrate it.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Heroic Warrior
    I would want Battle Cat (and Cringer, but not before he has been Batte Cat for the first time) to communicate with Adam, yes. But I think a telepathic connection would work better than outright talking.

Yes if they go on par with Marvel's GOTG, I'm in for funny creatures talking in a sci fi movie
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Both Cringer and Battle Cat have always talked. Why would that stop for a movie?!?

Next up: Should Skeletor talk in a new MOTU movie?
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

The whole point of Battle Cat talking in the toons was to dumb down the scare factor and stop children from getting nightmares .

I dont think its necessary , possibly come off as goofy if they do that in a live action . Battle Cat should not be able to both roar and talk , that is separate vocal cords . If you could only pick one I am pretty sure you would prefer Battle Cat to roar .

If cat is as magically intelligent as HeMan he can easily communicate without speech .
    Last edited by Lokus; June 21, 2019 at 09:55am.