View Poll Results: What was your fav.fast food place as a kid?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mcdonalds

26 50.00%
  • Burger Chef

2 3.85%
  • Burger King

9 17.31%
  • Pizza Hut

1 1.92%
  • A&W

1 1.92%
  • other

13 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your fav.fast food place as a kid?

McDonalds was a favorite, but my main favorite was Rally's (changed the name to Checker's recently). They always had good food, for a fast food place. The fries are GODLY, though.

Back in my slacker days right after high school, a friend and I would stay up late and watch obscure movies. When we went out for food (as usual) we hit the Rally's, however, we found out that we didn't check the money situation before we left. I didn't have anything on me, and he had like, 75 cents. So we pulled up to the window and asked how many fries 75 cents would get us, and we heard some laughter in the background, but they told us to pull around. Well, they gave us a big 'ol bag of fries! Granted, they were probably end-of-the-day fries, but they tasted fine and were hot, so we weren't complaining.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I've never heard of Burger Chef. As a kid, it was definitely McDonald's. Being a vegan, I have to say it's been years, almost a decade since I've eaten there.

McDonalds was always the place I asked to go (usually right after I came out of Toys R Us as they were next door to each other!)

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    I find it amusing that the last post in this thread was exactly a year ago. Ok, a year and one day. But it's still the 24th on the west coast. Anyway, I voted for "other" - Roy Rogers had the best fries when I was a kid.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

This is a good thread to dig up. Only 2 votes for Burger Chef? I must be getting old.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

You must be lol!(I otherhand am not getting old thgough I remeber the place anyway) I wonder if it was purely a reginal place though?
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    I'm 37 and have no recollection of Burger Chef. If there never was one in Maryland, then that would explain why.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

I only remember them in Mi(but then that could just be my bad memory)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

in our small town, we didn't have alot of FF, and my mom was a cooker, so i rarely ate it, until they divorced and that led to my life of zits.
    my fave food place then was a place called MR. GHETTI'S! a local pizza buffet. I visited home-town recently, and the name changed...it dropped the Mr., but we didn't eat there.
    Not sure if you can call a Buffet "Fast Food" since it's faster than McDonald's
    I wish I didn't wait so long to get into Video Games...they are so AWESOME! catching up with Xbox 360 and getting onboard with Xbox One.

I LOVE KFC !!!
    But we haven't it in Italy...and I never saw why...

When I go out of Italy, I ALWAYS eat in this fast food!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    My choice was McDonalds for 3 reasons:
    1-Happy Meals
    2-All the characters
    3-The portions seemed a whole lot bigger as a kid, the thought of that just kinda stuck with me.
    I would have a fourth reason, but I forgot if McDonald's was the place that had Star Wars collectable glasses or not. My second choice was Pizza Hut because of tabletop arcade games, Pac-Man + Galaga=Happy Dave.

Heroic Warrior
    Love McDonalds...and still do from time to time...
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    I would have a fourth reason, but I forgot if McDonald's was the place that had Star Wars collectable glasses or not. My second choice was Pizza Hut because of tabletop arcade games, Pac-Man + Galaga=Happy Dave.
    That was Burger King. I definitely agree with you about McDonald's for your first 2 reasons(I always felt like I was getting more at Burger King or Wendy's when it came to portions), but Burger King still had some iconic giveaways. The afore mentioned Star Wars glasses, kids meals featuring MOTU, Thundercats, & Silver Hawks, Alf puppets, TMNT VHS tapes, and my personal favorites...

LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Awesome BK commercial, Mr. Shokoti.

As a kid in the 80's McDonald's was the top dog with Wendy's and Pizza Hut being a far off second. We went to Burger King sometimes but it wasn't until I got a car in 1996 when I took advantage of BK, Checkers, Domino's and Little Ceaser's. Fast food always brings up good memories.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Oh we like it, we just like others more. On a side note. The only A&W I have ever even seen or been to was in South Dakota and that was one time on a vacation to Wyoming so I really can't rate that one.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    but my main favorite was Rally's (changed the name to Checker's recently). They always had good food, for a fast food place. The fries are GODLY, though.
    Gotta agree with Alexxia on this one. The french fries from Checkers (Rally's) were just the best on earth. I had one nearby and would eat them almost everyday. Unfortunately it closed down years ago. I haven't seen another since.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Churches Chicken - Fantastic chicken! And then they shut down in my area of NorCal. I was so happy to find them here in TX!!!

as a kid it was mcdonald's, but now it's probably wendy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    Oh we like it, we just like others more. On a side note. The only A&W I have ever even seen or been to was in South Dakota and that was one time on a vacation to Wyoming so I really can't rate that one.
    For most of my life, I only saw an A&W when I visited my aunt & uncle in the rural part of Illinois. I do have one now nearby that opened up several years ago that is in the same building as a KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    Churches Chicken - Fantastic chicken! And then they shut down in my area of NorCal. I was so happy to find them here in TX!!!
    I haven't had them since I was a little kid, but I loved it then. I think there are still some in the city, but I don't want to leave the safety of the suburbs for Chicago just for chicken. lol
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Yeah it's a tough decision with all those various awesome things. Fast food is poison to me now, especially McDonalds so I'm basing my decision on memories and merchandise.

I think I have to go with McDonalds as much as I had, have, and like the stuff you mentioned above. Happy Meals just have too many memories. From the Halloween buckets (ghost, witch, pumpkin), the McDonaldland characters and commercials, to the awesome cups and toys they had. Love the Batman returns cups, the Changables (as mentioned on Pop Culture Network a couple weeks ago), and countless other things I can't quite remember.
    This. i think it just goes to show the manipulative genius in mcdonald's branding...they really did hook kids in with the characters and toys! i'd even say that most of the enjoyment i get from mcdonald's is from nostalgia and not the food! though with the retirement of the characters, there's little to draw me in anymore...
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Anybody heard of Article Circle? I got my first California Raisins figurines there. Wow, brings back memories.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Burger King always was and always be my favorite fast food place.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Snappy Threader
    Ha ha ha Burger Chef, i remember that, I didn't know it was a chain... Gotta say McD's for me. Always like it best. Still do.

i was quite fond of chuck e cheese back in the day. i was a little sad when they started phasing out most of the puppets. do any of them still have the full cast? i used to love that creepy interval where they would close their eyes and "sleep" for a minute after each song...then they would just start looking around the room for a while...and then that spine chilling moment when one of them (especially the big purple monster munch) makes eye contact with you...AAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!