View Poll Results: What was your fav.fast food place as a kid?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mcdonalds

26 50.00%
  • Burger Chef

2 3.85%
  • Burger King

9 17.31%
  • Pizza Hut

1 1.92%
  • A&W

1 1.92%
  • other

13 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your fav.fast food place as a kid?

Your fav.fast food place as a kid?

I'd have to go with Burger Chef.I really liked there food and there Fun Meals.They usually had some really cool toys in them.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

My favorite fast food place as a kid was Popeyes chicken which I first had the pleasure of tasting in 1983 up in Maryland. They had replaced Bojangles. I also liked Roy Rogers chicken which ended up becoming Hardees later. Mmmmmm good times.
    "I was born in the 70s, and I'm a child of the 80s."

I've never heard of Burger Chef but I picked "Other" since Wendy's was/is my favorite.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

When I was a child there were no fast-food places here in Finland.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Kentucky Fried Chicken all the way for me!!
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Brassy Baroness
    Burger King for ALF, Ziggy, then the Reindeer and also for the "minis".
    Still holds a soft place for me.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Was and still is Burger King...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I was a big Burger King fan. My little brothers loved Mc'Donalds more and they usually got what they wanted.

Burger King is one of the few fast food places that I go in and don't always order the same thing.

McDonalds followed by Pizza Hut then Dairy Queen.

We use to go to Pizza Hut a lot because of the "Book It!" program at school.

As a kid I only ever visited Burger King once and I never went to Wendy's. The only other place I remember going to that was specifically fast food was Rax, but I believe only a few of them exist now.
    -Jon

The First He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Burger chef? you mean I'm not the only one who rememers that place? (pity they closed)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

McDonald's had great toys, but I couldn't stand their food.

Burger King I liked the food, I liked the properties they got but often their toys were just dog chew toys.

Loved Wendy's but for the longest time we didn't have one.

I also ate a lot of Pizza Hut, but it was often more of a treat as we typically ate other pizza places because of lower price and they weren't that much worse then Pizza Hut in taste.

Which was my favorite, depended on what I was in the mood for.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I already voted "other" but I never took into consideration the "Happy Meal" toys. The only ones Wendy's ever had that I liked(at least that I remember liking) were Gobots. McDonald's & Burger King were neck-in-neck for kids' meal toys. If I voted again, I'd probably pick Burger King since they had the Star Wars glasses, MOTU cups, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Alf, TMNT, and Rodney The Reindeer.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I already voted "other" but I never took into consideration the "Happy Meal" toys. The only ones Wendy's ever had that I liked(at least that I remember liking) were Gobots. McDonald's & Burger King were neck-in-neck for kids' meal toys. If I voted again, I'd probably pick Burger King since they had the Star Wars glasses, MOTU cups, Thundercats, Silverhawks, Alf, TMNT, and Rodney The Reindeer.
    Yeah it's a tough decision with all those various awesome things. Fast food is poison to me now, especially McDonalds so I'm basing my decision on memories and merchandise.

I think I have to go with McDonalds as much as I had, have, and like the stuff you mentioned above. Happy Meals just have too many memories. From the Halloween buckets (ghost, witch, pumpkin), the McDonaldland characters and commercials, to the awesome cups and toys they had. Love the Batman returns cups, the Changables (as mentioned on Pop Culture Network a couple weeks ago), and countless other things I can't quite remember.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

It was McDonalds unfortunately, i can't stand it nowadays

Though i do remember going to Pizza Hut on occasions when they used to have their 'restaurants'.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I think I have to go with McDonalds as much as I had, have, and like the stuff you mentioned above. Happy Meals just have too many memories. From the Halloween buckets (ghost, witch, pumpkin), the McDonaldland characters and commercials, to the awesome cups and toys they had. Love the Batman returns cups, the Changables (as mentioned on Pop Culture Network a couple weeks ago), and countless other things I can't quite remember.
    DAMN! I'm second guessing myself again. I LOVE the McDonaldland characters! Thanks to parents groups who have too much time on their hands, we might not be seeing them anymore(sure, it's the commercials that make kids fat and not the parents who buy them Happy Meals 14 times a week). Maybe I would have voted for McDonald's if I could change my vote.

I don't know about "poison", but it really sucked when I discovered I couldn't eat McDonald's(or other fast food) every single day anymore and still maintain a 32" waist. Getting old sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Though i do remember going to Pizza Hut on occasions when they used to have their 'restaurants'.
    For some reason the pizza tasted better at the Pizza Hut restaurants than they do at the carryout locations. Maybe the quality has gone down in the chain or I'm an even pickier eater as an adult, but Pizza Hut doesn't hit the spot as much as it used to.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 20, 2010 at 04:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    Burger chef? you mean I'm not the only one who rememers that place? (pity they closed)
    I was hoping I wasn't the only 1 who remembered it.They were bought out by Hardees which still every once in awhile sells the Big Chef burgers.Here's a pic of the Burger Chef logo.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Bang Your Head
    McDonalds get my vote because I will always love their fires. Pizz Hut comes in second because I never had it a lot, but wanted it more when the stuffed crust came out...

Well, as a kid, my vote goes to McDonalds. Happy Meals! Back when they were good!

But the past three times I've gone for a kid's meal because of the toy, I was presented with an Unhappy Meal.

First, we went when Burger King had the Marvel figures. We ordered two and asked for two different toys in each... I got two Iron Man figures. OK, I guess but kinda lame ones.

We went back and I was like "Hope I get Wolverine or Hulk in this one." They gave me some generic plush thing. ARG!

Then last week, we went to McD's. BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD TOYS!! YAY!!.... they gave me an Obi Wan Kenobi finger skateboard... LAME!!!

As a grown up, my fav places are between Jack N' the Box and the Hardees near my house, which is also half Red Burrito. It's awesome.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Bang Your Head
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    First, we went when Burger King had the Marvel figures. We ordered two and asked for two different toys in each... I got two Iron Man figures. OK, I guess but kinda lame ones.

We went back and I was like "Hope I get Wolverine or Hulk in this one." They gave me some generic plush thing. ARG!

Then last week, we went to McD's. BATMAN: BRAVE AND THE BOLD TOYS!! YAY!!.... they gave me an Obi Wan Kenobi finger skateboard... LAME!!!

As a grown up, my fav places are between Jack N' the Box and the Hardees near my house, which is also half Red Burrito. It's awesome.
    I always ask what toys they have and just order the toy, you do have that option It's better if you go in because most of the time they will dig in the box and show you what they have...

My favorite fast food chain when I was a kid was Wendy's. I would usually get a chicken nugget kid's meal and a small chili. When I got a little older I used to get the salad bar, which besides salad also included chili, potatoes, and fixins for tacos.

I have fonder memories of Wendy's kids meal toys than the other places: Go-Bots, Glo Worms, Potato Head Kids, Teddy Ruxpin. I have one of those Go-Bots MOC (yes, they were actually carded).

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I have fonder memories of Wendy's kids meal toys than the other places: Go-Bots, Glo Worms, Potato Head Kids, Teddy Ruxpin. I have one of those Go-Bots MOC (yes, they were actually carded).
    I only had 1 or 2 of the Wendy's Gobots as a kid and I don't know what even happened to them. I finally found all 6 of them MOC on Ebay and was ecstatic when I got them.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Burger King as always cause that was also where I'd hang out when I was much younger.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Here in the UK I always loved eating at Wimpy burger bars, but I think that decision was probably influenced by the Popeye character of the same name.

as a kid MCds. try to avoid them now.

McDonalds was the only one but awesome with the happy meals like new food changeables!
    MOTU CLASSICS WANTS: Songster, Kittrina, Illumina, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Drissi, Caz Spritina, Sprag, Sprocker, Hunga the Harpy, Green Reptile Mask of Power Demon, Purple Wolf Mask of Power Demon, Lizorr, Hoove, Butthead, Staghorn, Colonel Blast, Monster Riders of Morc
    FILMATION: Battle Cat, Ram Man, Stratos Whiplash
    =>MOTU-Classics-Checklist