Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Anyone else want the new movie to be in old style rotoscoping animation?

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior AnthonyHall666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    390

    Anyone else want the new movie to be in old style rotoscoping animation?

    I just think it would be way more impressive then CG and would free up a lot more resources then live acting. I'm thinking kind of in the style of Ralph Bakshi's Fire and Ice.

    With rotoscope animation it really wouldn’t matter who played He-man or the other Masters just as long as they fit the form (Voices can be dubbed etc).

    Anyone else wants to see this or are we opposed?

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior Mick.Jeep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Newark, Ohio
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    I just think it would be way more impressive then CG and would free up a lot more resources then live acting. I'm thinking kind of in the style of Ralph Bakshi's Fire and Ice.

    With rotoscope animation it really wouldn’t matter who played He-man or the other Masters just as long as they fit the form (Voices can be dubbed etc).

    Anyone else wants to see this or are we opposed?
    I am opposed. I think we have all invested a lot of time into this, and not to get a live action movie would be a huge disappointment.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    3,967
    No, sorry. After all these years, I would feel cheated.

  4. #4
    Heroic Evil Warrior! Neutro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    LB, Cali-ternia
    Posts
    3,629
    It would (could, rather) be way cool, but in addition to a live-action film, not in place of.
    – No comment.

  5. #5
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,338
    Truthfully, No. In this day and age, you have to get the demographic right. If your going the animated route on He-man, it has to be really good CGI. One, it is cheaper to make and more diverse. You could do a whole lot more with CGI than animation.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior H.A.L.9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ba'hee Priss Dimmie Forever!!
    Posts
    1,912
    i agree with you!... i dislike the look of the cgi animation... and i feel a live action masters movie is going to look silly......
    Halloween is not just a holiday.. its a way of life!

  7. #7
    Heroic Warrior Stuart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bouncing around between NC, SC and CA...
    Posts
    101
    Nah, man. I wanna see the real movie. The real real movie. The real movie everyone wants to keep casting and speculating about. I've got seasons and seasons of animation. I want the movie. Real.

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Wolfchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    424
    No toon, drawn or CGI for me. I'm hoping for live action as well.

    And CGI uses an evolved version of Rotoscope, ie, the costumes with sensors that transfer the actors movements to computer, and it also looks better and more three-dimensional (and I don't mean a 3-D movie), so between the two, CGI, but nevertheless I'm all in for live action.

  9. #9
    Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom of Eternia
    Posts
    3,202
    I'm not opposed to the idea, I'd prefer to see a live-action movie, but could see this sorta thing as a "direct to dvd feature" on the back of the movie's success.

    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Truthfully, No. In this day and age, you have to get the demographic right. If your going the animated route on He-man, it has to be really good CGI. One, it is cheaper to make and more diverse. You could do a whole lot more with CGI than animation.
    While I do get your point, I'm tempted to think of 200x -- that was all about "getting the demographic right", and we know how many new fans that line attracted (!) Yes, I know, that's for a different debate
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

  10. #10
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    I'm not opposed to the idea, I'd prefer to see a live-action movie, but could see this sorta thing as a "direct to dvd feature" on the back of the movie's success.



    While I do get your point, I'm tempted to think of 200x -- that was all about "getting the demographic right", and we know how many new fans that line attracted (!) Yes, I know, that's for a different debate
    While not getting into "That" debate: You forget that for a while in the beginning, the 200X line took off and was a pretty hot seller. The cartoon series also did decently in the ratings, but what did the line in was the figure distribution of too many He-man and Skeletor figures and not enough side characters.

    But let's face facts, if He-man comes back, he's going to be something else besides the vintage and 200X line. He's going to be a whole new style and new continuity.
    You just read a post from the head Honcho of Nerds On A Couch!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •