Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matty FB update Guards and battle Armor Skeletor.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar

Matty FB update Guards and battle Armor Skeletor.

Howdy, this was just posted over on Facebook, Enjoy!

Hey gang,

A few new MOTUC updates for you.

1: We just got in early samples of Buzz-Off in package. Note that we will see if there is time to turn his helmet around in package.Still pending.

2: Got some new images of Battle Armor Skeletor as well with the chest plates and axe. Still not 100% final, but getting closer. Check out those purple feet just like fans demanded!

3: Grizzlor's head is removable. Earlier we had thought it would not be. Looks like I spoke to soon!

4: The Palace Guards are slipping out a bit due to some logistics (yes we know how you feel about this word...). Look for them now at the start of 2011. Note they are not part of the 2011 subscription even if they slip out to early 2011 avail.

A lot more MOTUC greatness is coming in 2011. We should have the April figure to reveal soon. The sculpt just came in and looks fantastic. Once it is painted we'll reveal this next figure to the fans. Here is a hint, he is a member of the Masters....

That's it for now, see you in the toy aisles or on Mattycollector.com!

Matty

Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 23, 2010 at 08:51pm.
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

I don't mind the Palace Guards slipping, easier on my wallet and can pray they do something about the servers by then
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I don't mind the Palace Guards slipping, easier on my wallet and can pray they do something about the servers by then
    My thoughts exactly!

Though I do think BAS's belt and shorts look dull.

also in the vintage figure (sorry cant be bothered digging him out) werent his 'dents' silver? Though I think I prefer the Black.

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; September 23, 2010 at 08:49pm.
    Drowning in a Sea of Plastic.

Uh-oh, the April figure isn't a female?! Prepare for the end of the world...

I hope it's Mekanek!!
    PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!!

Great transactions with these members!!

anzraider03 - Roboto
    gofigure - Gy-Gor

I imagine Skeletor's belt will have some paint when all is said and done.
    I'll lead you into danger
    And all that troubles man
    I'll lead you far from hunger
    Just take my frozen hand

Interesting hint about the new master. I have a feeling this will be a big deal character, like man-e-faces, mekaneck, or ram-man.

EDIT: Come to think of it, that would seem too good to be true. We have just recieved two major masters after all, in Roboto, and Buzz. Maybe it's a less demanded character after all. I want to see sy-klone.
    Last edited by nicholighkun; September 23, 2010 at 08:48pm.

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I'm so disappointed about the guards getting pushed back again. I was looking forward to them more than anything else this fall, and looking forward to buying very little, if any, of the stuff currently on tap in 2011. Looks like I'll have to join the fray on sale dates after all.

I'm very glad to hear that the April figure is one of He-Man's crew though! Hopefully a 2nd or 3rd wave character.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; September 23, 2010 at 08:51pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh c'mon--can't we get the Guards pushed back ANOTHER month to, say, February or March? Why break the precedent?

Sigh.

Uh-oh. Another male Master and not a female. Let the crying commence.

I'd rather have the crying commence now, then all the crying that's going to be going on later when they have "too many" females coming out all at once.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    Thing is, I won't be crying. Though I might be angry if that is ALL they are coming out with, which won't be the case, just like they don't come out with only males now. There are going to be four females this coming year (2011) and there were three in 2010 (Adora, She-Ra, Evil Lyn).

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm digging BA Skeletor. Finally coming to fruition...

And the Master is Snout Spout...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    And the Master is Snout Spout...
    And just how can you be so certain?

1. MAN does BA Skeletor look bada**!

2. I'm relieved about the Palace Guards as the end of this year was getting expensive!
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Am I the only one that's not a fan of the purple feet?
    Good news IMO on the guards, this is just me hoping but I hope the issue is the addition of a second non lieutenant armor plate so those who are building armies can have only one lieutenant. Also this gives me rime to save.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I think BA Skeletor looks VERY cool. I'm happy about the feet and the look in general, really.

Also, count me as one of the people happy the guards moved out. I want them really badly but moving away from Christmas-gift-buying time is a good thing. I need to be buying for others, not myself!
    Upcoming MOTU-inspired Graphic Novel: www.eonquest.com

Here is a hint, he is a member of the Masters....
    Mekaneck, Fisto, Clamp Champ, Man-E-Faces = more likely

Ram Man, Sy-Klone, Snout Spout, Extendar or a Comet Warrior = would be a great suprise!!!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    the Battle Armor looks really good.

Too much green-wash on the face IMO.

Hate the painted toenails. He's wearing boots we shouldn't see his nails!

Kinda torn on the guards slipping. It'll be easier on the wallet in some regard (no pun intended) but I'm getting impatient.

And on the impatient note. Were are my girls? Gimme my Sorceress!
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    My thoughts exactly!

Though I do think BAS's belt and shorts look dull.

also in the vintage figure (sorry cant be bothered digging him out) werent his 'dents' silver? Though I think I prefer the Black.

ka
    I kinda like the furry shorts. We have so many Skeletor's already, it's cool to have some differences. And that is what the vintage looked like.

His dents were silver, but I perfer the black too. I am loving these BA versions, I just kinda wish that the armor didn't look so much like life jackets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I imagine Skeletor's belt will have some paint when all is said and done.
    I don't think it will.

Regarding the April figure, I am guessing either Ram Man or Men-E-Faces. The tone of the answer made it sound like we are going to be impressed. But aren't they all "Masters"? Could it be someone like Spikor?

I dig the toenail color on Skeletor, but the green on the skull looks like a terrible wash job.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

The green wash on Skelly's face looks off, and I don't have a spare Skeletor head to switch with.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    But aren't they all "Masters"? Could it be someone like Spikor?
    No, in the MOTUC canon the "Masters of the Universe" is the name of the heroic warriors.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Well, I hope the Palace Guards don't come in January 2011 because that month we are already getting Bow for $20 and Shadow Beast for $30. I don't want to add another $40 set on top of that
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Battle Armor Skeletor looks great, I just hope for the final release that his purple shin-guards/boots are the same shade of purple as his chest armor,that metallic purple looks cool!

I'm also fine with the Palace Guards being pushed back, I wasn't looking forward to fitting that additional cost into my holiday budget.

Skeletor is coming along nicely! This pic is really getting me geeked for 'em, I think. Axe looks nice too, though I'm still considering trying to get the purple Evil Lyn crystal ball on top to finish the look.

Also not disappointed by the second push back of the guards! Now that it's in 2011 I won't have to buy anything but that one thing.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

-Loved the nod to the hate of the term "logistics". Probably it has to do with the UPS ad.
    -Kinda sucks that I'll have to wait to own my very own Toyguru head.
    -BA Skelly is looking good... Once again I might have to drybrush some yellow...
    -Rio Blast!! Probably it's Mekaneck...
    Wow! 10 months of male figures... People will complain when the 4 females are bunched up together...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Crap, did they just say I'll be having to go on the site in early 2011 to buy the army builder?
    KHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!