Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: The MotUC Timeline

Thanks, Kreann'ot. I left off with Lord Dactus (order from the collected bios thread) and added some small things from Standor's bio.

On how to do it:
    a) We could comment in this thread and I will then edit those in
    b) We could ask mods to close this thread and you could open a new one with the info from this thread
    c) We could move the content to a page on the He-Man.org Encyclopedia - that to my knowledge can be edited by anyone (I could update the first page every month based on that new page)

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Thanks, Kreann'ot. I left off with Lord Dactus (order from the collected bios thread) and added some small things from Standor's bio.

On how to do it:
    a) We could comment in this thread and I will then edit those in
    b) We could ask mods to close this thread and you could open a new one with the info from this thread
    c) We could move the content to a page on the He-Man.org Encyclopedia - that to my knowledge can be edited by anyone (I could update the first page every month based on that new page)

What do you guys think?
    Hey, if option C can be edited by anyone, maybe that's the way to do it? If that's a possibility? That way the community can maintain it as a whole?
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

I have created a page "The Classics Timeline" in the Events category on the Org's Encyclopedia. Once it is moderator approved and set-up it should pop under Events. I just hope I did everything correctly and it has not just vanished when I pressed "save and exit"... *g*

This timeline is so awesome.

Thanks, Val!

So now anyone interested (and registered) can update the timeline, pretty it up and make the changes they always wanted.

I'll edit the first post accordingly.

Nice!
    Some remaining WANTS:
    Kittrina (Classics-detailed), Lady Slither, Garth, Master Sebrian, Skeleteen, Kay-La, (comic)Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast, Fright Zone, Slime Pit, and many more.

And? Did anyone try it out?
    I keep meaning to but my schedule has been in the way. I should have some free time next week!
    Some remaining WANTS:

• Queen Marlena uses the Cosmic Key to return to Earth
    • Marlena discovers a great secret that links Earth and Eternia
    • The Mighty Spector leaves the Universe
    • The End

Heroic Warrior
    Found it ! Any updates planned?

I completely dropped the ball on my offer. Life circumstances changed and I just haven't been able to spend as much time on the .Org.
    Some remaining WANTS:

OK, I am starting to update again. Currently I have reached MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE in the bios and canon thread. So it'll take some time until I'll be caught up.

Current question: The Prophecy of the Twin Warriors. When does it appear first and is it the same thing as Light Hope's prediction?

OK, I am starting to update again.

Awesome! Love this timeline! Thank you for doing it.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2021!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Under the Horde
    Horde Empire (from Map) - Tyrannical Galactic Rulers

In the heavily populated outer systems of the Eternian Dimension, the Democratic Alliance was set up to enforce the trade routes and keep the peace. All of this changed the day Seferus Kur came to power and founded the Horde Empire. Calling himself the Horde Lord, he and his sons used technology and newly discovered magic to unnaturally extend the lives of those they commanded. Ruling the galaxy through terror and fear for many centuries, Seferus’ sons used black spells to assassinate their father, and the eldest son Anillis claimed Hordeworld’s throne for himself. To secure his rule, the newly dubbed Horde Prime sent his scheming younger brother roar away on a foolish crusade of revenge. Eventually, the Earth/Eternian Twin Warriors invaded Horde World and in a climactic battle, ended the Horde Empire’s rule using the Power of Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey Irian - I was wondering if you were planning to update this awesome timeline now that the final bios and mini comics are out? There was also that cool Q&A from Toyguru which filled in a few gaps.

Thanks!

All in all this could turn into huge novels like Lord of the rings.

In Scott Neitlichs Shadow Beast YouTube video there is a visual Motu 200x timeline pic. Anyone know where that came from? Thank in advance for the response.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    MOTU_timeline.jpg

I thought I would start my interpretation, or basically my understanding, of the MOTUC timeline. It might have errors, because it is my understanding of the fragmented Eternian history. When I was analyzing the image above, I realized there were a lot of things I didn’t fully understand, so I tried to connect events and consequences into a cohesive narrative, which I tried to feel fluid (so it is not exhaustive of every known fact and detail as in the original timeline finely collected by Irian in this thread). That made me think that we have guides about characters, groups, races, locations, artifacts and magic, but we don’t have a section of events in those books. It would be a good addition for future publications by Dark horse (if any). For example, where do I look for “the Age of Sorrow” or the “Third Ultimate Battleground”? I know, I know, everything is out there, but so fragmented that it’s hard to grasp. Here’s my summary, again, not all of the facts, just the framework that (tries to) explains the flow of the big events in the timeline. This is something I made for myself, but then thought it might be useful for someone else out there. English is not my native language, so please be indulgent with my grammar and syntax.

I will start with the Great Wars.

The Great Wars
    I think this is the first period of history we know about. As the name implies, it was a period of big conflicts that ended with the First Ultimate Battleground. Eternia was a barbaric world, and I suppose it was ruled by warlords that had some conflicts, but not at the scale of The Great Wars.

The first relevant event might have been the arrival of a technologically advanced alien race to Eternia: The Gar. They kept their technology for themselves, never shared it with the native people and most of them lived on the island of Anwat Gar. This ostracism caused tension, distrust and ultimately racism against the Gar. It is said there was oppression too, so I have to believe there were Gar settlements or Gar people trying to live together with humans, outside of Anwat Gar, let’s say in the continental Preternia (yes, Preternia the continent, like Pangea on Earth, not Preternia in the sense of the prehistoric Eternia).

At the cosmic level there were also some events in motion. The Unnamed One was trapped in the Nameless Dimension, but he still had power and the “protection” of the goddess Serpentia, always plotting and trying to seize power and be freed from his dimensional prison. If in the first place this being just wanted power to rule the universe, after being trapped he needed power to be free. In an attempt to seize the power of the Starseed, he created the Snake Men, and sent them to Eternia, led by King Hssss. So, as I understand it, Hssss had the mission to get the power of the Starseed for his master, but also he should try to get the magical artifact Diamond Ray of Disappearance, which was originally used to trap Gorpo (the Unnamed One) in the Nameless Dimension.

Well, back to Eternia, the Snake Men arrived there and conquered most of the world, governing it for 300 hundred years (despotically, of course). Also, the dragons of Darksmoke were in constant conflict with humans, and it seems that conflict was triggered by a plot by King Hssss. Basically the dragons started the war against the human race because of the stolen object called The Gem of Magoo. The dragons blamed humans for that.

Finally, there was an event that further aggravated the conflict: the Cosmic Warrior He-Ro was battling the Horde Empire, specifically he was battling Hordak. In such a battle He-Ro was infected with the techno-organic virus and landed on Eternia. The great wizard Eldor cured He-Ro by taking him to a magic pool, but inadvertently this caused the virus to be absorbed by the planet and that caused Eternia to be a rare mix of sorcery and technology. This made technology accessible to human warlords, who used it to fight Gar people with more power. Weapons of massive destructive power were used against the Gar.

By this time, the Cosmic Enforcers did not exist, but the Mystic Enforcers was an “order” of mystic warriors already established in Eternia. The master of this order was Zodac, and his disciple Zeelahr was also a powerful warrior feared by the Snake Men by then. In one of the plots of King Hssss, he finally devoured Zeelahr. This event is mentioned here because it triggered the start of the revelion of humans against the Snake Men. The reason for that is that Zeelahr was like a brother for D’Vann Grayskull, who became a rebel leader seeking justice for his loss and the tyranny of the ruling snake men. D’Vann would be eventually known as King Grayskull and was the leader of the free men of Preternia.

He-Ro had an intervention in the conflict of humans and Gar through a demonstration of the power of the Sword of He. However, his arrival to Eternia also caused Hordak to follow him and invade the planet. He-Ro had joined the rebel movement of the Free Men of Eternia, led by King Grayskull.

At some point, there was a truce between all parties involved: men, Gar, dragons, the Horde, and the Snake Men. There was peace for some time, and the towers of Eternia were built to symbolize this truce. However, the ruler of Zalesia and member of King Grayskull’s Council of Elders, Nikolas Powers, broke the terms of the treaty. It seems there was a term that prohibited the members of the council to have descendance (probably fearing that such descendants would pose a risk for the invaders). Nikolas sent her newborn daughter to the future (with the help of He-Ro) to protect her from the conflict, but this was the excuse for Hordak to start the war again. King Grayskull had been able to return the Gem of Magoo to Granamyr, so the dragons didn’t participate in the conflict during the rest of the Great Wars.

The rest of the factions were involved in the conflict again, and this situation led to the First Ultimate Battleground. In this battle, Hordak defeated the Snake Men, because he was in possession of the Tablet of Separation. Hordak threatened the Snake Men, but didn’t use the Spell of Separation to destroy them, instead he casted the spell and caused Preternia (the continent) to change and take the form we know in the present with the formation of the Light and Dark Hemispheres. In a single combat Hordak attacked King Grayskull, but He-Ro quickly put himself in the middle and took the blow, sacrificing his life. Before he died he passed the Sword of He (or Sword of Power) to his friend Grayskull, and the king counter attacked and slew Hordak’s arm (which I suppose is the reason why we have seen Hordak with his iconic arm cannon in the times of She-Ra). Hordak retreated from the battle, and that was the end of the First Ultimate Battleground, the end of the Great Wars and the end of Preternia. However, the conflict was not over yet.

Next post will be about Ancient History in the Post Preternia Era (until the Age of Sorrow)...
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I thought I would start my interpretation, or basically my understanding, of the MOTUC timeline. It might have errors, because it is my understanding of the fragmented Eternian history.

Have you seen the MOTUC TIMELINE that Brett King-Ruley created?
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    That link doesn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    The link didn't work for me. Probably it is content allowed only for his friends. I sent a request to join his friends on FB, I will try the link again if he accepts.
    Wish list of Masterverse figures: Panthor, Sagitar, Red Beast, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    I created a timeline trying to tie in the majority of canons using classics as a basis. It’s probably waaaaaayyyyy down the posts on here. It’s split into sections of 4/5 posts. Check it out and hopefully it inspires you
    It’s currently on page 11. Needs updating with all the new masters Mondays bio. Want to see it it’s possible to co-opt the new origin stories into too

Quote Originally Posted by dan1980 View Post
    I created a timeline trying to tie in the majority of canons using classics as a basis. It’s probably waaaaaayyyyy down the posts on here. It’s split into sections of 4/5 posts. Check it out and hopefully it inspires you
    It’s currently on page 11. Needs updating with all the new masters Mondays bio. Want to see it it’s possible to co-opt the new origin stories into too
    I browsed this whole thread looking for your posts, but I could not find them, please can you check?

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I browsed this whole thread looking for your posts, but I could not find them, please can you check?
    He is referring to page 11 of the entire Classics forum, not page 11 of this thread:

Part 1 - https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...oy-and-comment

Part 2 - https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...oy-and-comment

Part 3 - https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...oy-and-comment

Part 4 - https://www.he-man.org/forums/boards...ing-and-beyond
    Last edited by depp76; August 11, 2022 at 02:53pm.