Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner poll: Should Battle Cat Talk in a new MOTU movie?

Roast Gooble Dinner poll: Should Battle Cat Talk in a new MOTU movie?

This one goes back to a largely debated topic from Episode 016 of Roast Gooble Dinner.

You've heard what we had to say. And you heard what fans had to say who wrote or called into the podcast. So now we want to know how everyone feels!

What do you think? Should Battle Cat and/or Cringer talk in a new MOTU movie?
    Both? Neither? One or the other?
    Let us know!

You don't have to be registered to vote.
    And if you change your mind, you can go back and vote again. It will overwrite your previous vote.
    So what are you waiting for? Click here to vote today!

This poll ends on December 20th, with results to follow soon after.

Will Eamon go on a rant if talking wins?
    Battle Cat = Robin + Batmobile fused together...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Eamon will probably rant regardless.
    He's good at that.

I will let out a big 'ha' that's for sure!

Movie mayhem!
    Talking in some form would be cool... even if its telepathic. Even if we never actually hear him, but just can see that He-man/Adam understands him.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

I think a telepathic link would be good. but from as far as we know, there will be no he-man in the traditional sense.

*sarcasm ->* Its those old nuanses that really do not give the new edgey look that is needed in cinema in the 21st century. i mean the series was remake, but we need to remake that remake. much like the Crisises of DC, it must be re invented over and over again. pandering to the fans out there would not be doing them justice. *end sarcasm*
    Men who crave power, look back on all their mistakes, pile them all together and call it destiny.- Sorceress

Good Journey- Eternian saying
    Review of 2002 Image comics Masters of the universe Vol 1 #1 of 4: Here
    Trodorne's Masters Of The Universe Heroclix board. Here.
    Masters Of the Universe Heroclix Custom Dials. Here

Yes for me! I would prefer it if the communication was telepathatic between He-Man & Battle Cat!
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Talking out loud or telepathic. No talking would be a shame. I thought it was a shame in 200X. It worked really well sometimes, but mainly it didn't.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodorne View Post
    I think a telepathic link would be good. but from as far as we know, there will be no he-man in the traditional sense.

*sarcasm ->* Its those old nuanses that really do not give the new edgey look that is needed in cinema in the 21st century. i mean the series was remake, but we need to remake that remake. much like the Crisises of DC, it must be re invented over and over again. pandering to the fans out there would not be doing them justice. *end sarcasm*
    They should aim for an arrangement similar to the first Iron Man movie. When you actually break that down bit-by-bit, they changed A LOT, while fusing three or four different story arcs together. But the overall effect, including the armour design, was still very similar to the comic because the changes were mostly subtle and justified by their context.

I think it'd be nice to have both Cringer and Battle Cat talk. If I had to pick one, it'd be the latter. (But there's some fun to be had with Cringer and Orko, too.) And it's not like he/they would be talking a lot anyway. Not a word wouldn't work for me. The whole point is that we're in this magical world with all these different forces with different powers, so why not? Telepathy is a good idea too, but I tend to associate that a lot with She-Ra and Swift Wind. Still, better than just one-way communication.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Battle Cat no talk!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Of course Battle Cat should talk. It is vital in helping to develop the relationship between him and He-Man. IMO, the things that have failed since vintage MOTU are all of the things they have tried to "fix". Remember the introduction of the "techno" sword? Even the 200X edit of the iconic intro theme...

Cringer doesn't need to talk. In fact, having him not talk would help further distance himself from Battle Cat. And he was too whiny.

I am with most people here- if I were making this movie a telepathic link would be the best way to go. Second to that would be to have him actually talk. I wouldn't like him to be totally mute.

I have no problem with him being the only one in his species that talks, he could be like one of those chimps that can use sign language. For all we know maybe his species is highly intelligent in Eternia, and maybe they have the physiological capacity to talk which rarely gets quite developed. Whatever, it's MOTU, it doesn't need to have a logical explanation.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Battle Cat and Cringer should both talk. I'm not down with the telepathy.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I voted “I don’t care..” not exactly because I don’t care, but I’m willing to take a wait and see approach either way. I love filmation and particularly enjoy cringer and battlecat in that.. but I understand why they decided to not have talking animals in MYP. I think the movie could work either way.

After listening to gooble, I did watch a lot of the movies referenced during the discussion such as The Golden Compass, and Chronicles of Narnia. I found that I really enjoyed the talking animals, Iorek in Golden Compass and Aslan in Narnia. My fiancι definitely enjoyed the talking animals as well.

Regardless, It’s not that “I don’t care” cuz I care very much and am very interested to see how it’s pulled off either way.. but it’s more of a “lets see what happens”

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It looks bad for talking beasts...Snarf can't talk for New ThunderCats!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/11/03/thundercats-tv-series-michael-jelenic/

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It looks bad for talking beasts...Snarf can't talk for New ThunderCats!

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/11/03/thundercats-tv-series-michael-jelenic/
    Probably for the same reason Cringer didn't talk.

Though to be fair, cringer was an animal and I didn't see Snarf as an animal.

I'm about 50/50 on big talking cats. Maybe 60% no talking (it's a big cat) /40% talking (It's a big cat but I really don't care if it talks)
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"All you have is your fire, and the place you need to reach
    Don't you ever tame your demons, but always keep them on a leash"
    - Hozier, "Arsonist's Lullabye"

I hope they both talk!!

It's a huge part of both their characters.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm into imaginary animals that talk. But I hate these awful talking dog and cat movies. But those movies are also just terrible anyway.

Give me Danny DeVito from "Look Who's Talking Now."

No, on second thought, nevermind. Scratch that, just make the beast big, green, yellow and awesome with the voice of Michael Madsen - "Are you gonna bark all day little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?"

What could possibly be lame about that?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    No giant talking cat. It would be best that the cat doesn't speak.

Personally, I think he should be unable to talk, however be intelligent enough to understand what's said, and communicate through growls, purrs, and overall actions; this way Cringer/Battle Cat retains personality without the need for a voice.

And while not everyone may understand his actions, Adam/He-Man, from their close bond, always knows what his pet/mount means to convey.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MeddwynnRavencroft View Post
    Personally, I think he should be unable to talk, however be intelligent enough to understand what's said, and communicate through growls, purrs, and overall actions; this way Cringer/Battle Cat retains personality without the need for a voice.
    I really wish there was a "Chewbacca option" in this poll. One where Battle Cat doesn't strictly speaking talk, but he communicates through feline vocalizations in a way that is intelligible to He-Man. Just like Han Solo understands what Chewie is saying even though all we hear is growling and howling. Now that I think of it, Star Wars did that with R2D2's beeps and boops as well. It's a tried and tested method, even though not used a lot in cinema for some reason.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

I also voted "I don't care" but only because I loved Both of the ways Cringer/Battle Cat was portrayed in the 80's cartoon and the 2002 cartoon. I'll enjoy it whatever rout they go.
    I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.

I'd like both Battle Cat & Cringer to talk, but I'd settle for Battle Cat only if I have to.

I feel MYP's toon proved how insignificant Battle Cat can be made when he's nothing more than a furry vehicle. I also feel Yogi Bear has proven that you can still have a cinematic masterpiece even when the animals talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Battle Cat and Cringer should both talk. I'm not down with the telepathy.
    Me either. It would be easy to pull off in a comic or maybe even a cartoon, but it wouldn't work that well in a live action movie imo.

As immature as some feel a talking animal is, if a person's dog or cat ever started talking, there wouldn't be a TV show or channel that wouldn't want them & their animal as guests.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 19, 2010 at 11:15pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!