Thread: First mention of the Movie in Months. As least from what I have seen.

First mention of the Movie in Months. As least from what I have seen.

Not Much, But it is the lastest mention of the movie and the writers, that I have seen. Just thought I would post it here.

EXCLUSIVE: 20th Century Fox has closed a high six-figures pitch deal for Alex Litvak & Mike Finch to write an untitled secret project thatís an action thriller set in deep space. I'm told that Timur Bekmambetov is circling the project, though he might well wait until a script is written before actually getting involved. The Verve-repped Litvak & Finch are best known for their big spec deal for Medieval to New Regency, with Wonderland producing. That picture, which once had Rob Cohen attached to direct, is being re-calibrated to go into production next year. The duo received sole credit on the Robert Rodriguez-produced Predators, and they are currently writing the Sony Pictures Entertainment/ Mattel film He-Man: Masters of the Universe. Litvak also wrote 3 Musketeers, the 3D movie that Paul W. S. Anderson is directing for Summit and Constantine.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/fox-...etov-orbiting/

Well I guess any news is good news at this point. I don't want them to rush this movie and it turn out aweful but at the same time I can't wait for it to come out!
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up that's optional.

Yeah, I actually saw this the other week but I didnít post it because I thought it was so small. Still, thanks for posting.

Considering Deadline is a proper website, thatís something, however miniscule it may be. At least it means that it hasnít been canned just yet. I wonder if He-Man: Masters of the Universe is actually the title of the current script, or if the website is getting it mixed up with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe?

Iím just waiting for a director to be announced.

When will be the day that we'll have a title like " green light for he-man movie" or "he-man movie confirmed for 2013"?

Movie mayhem!
    Well its something I guess. What confuses me is when they made the announcement about the studio switch they really emphasized the whole thing about the studio committing to relatively quick movement on the project. I don't remember exactly how it was worded but I just am surprised its been THIS long and we havn't heard anything.
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

I wonder what stage the script is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, I actually saw this the other week but I didnít post it because I thought it was so small. Still, thanks for posting.

Considering Deadline is a proper website, thatís something, however miniscule it may be. At least it means that it hasnít been canned just yet. I wonder if He-Man: Masters of the Universe is actually the title of the current script, or if the website is getting it mixed up with He-Man and the Masters of the Universe?

Iím just waiting for a director to be announced.
    I was wondering the same thing about the title. I Kind of like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I wonder what stage the script is in.
    At least we know it's not a rewrite. I'm guessing the first draft.

Depends how much time they have to devote to it. Also how much detail they are putting into it. If it's going to have 2/3 big figh scenes with a couple skirmishes then it's going to take some time to write.

I guess my question would be are they bouncing ideas off of each other? Does one have the first half while the other has the second half?