Thread: The Belgrade Meet Up Sep 2010

The Belgrade Meet Up Sep 2010

I've been meaning to post the thread for two months now so it's about time I got around to doing it.

As some of you may know in September I went on some travels through some of the Balkan peninsula. I started in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and from there made my way through Serbia, Kosovo and Macedonia where I flew home from.

Knowing we have some Serbian members on the org and inspired by the recent SDCC meet up I PM'd the ones I knew of suggesting a meet up one night of some sort.
    The only person who was available was Urosinho, who despite having to go to a wedding the next day, met me one evening in Belgrade for drinks and food.
    We had a really great time talking about all things MOTU over drinks. Urosinho was very hospitable and took me to parts of the city I wouldn't have seen with out him, he showed me plans he has for using rocks in his MOTUC display/diorama which look very cool and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. I also met his girlfriend who told me I sounded like Hugh Grant lol.

I'd also like to point just out how dedicated MOTU fans Urosinho and the other Serbian fans are as Matty/Digital river do not ship to Serbia (but do ship to the surrounding countries) so they have to get all their MOTUC figures of the secondary market which as you know is a lot more expensive then buying direct from Matty (which is expensive anyway).

Finally I'd just like to once again say a huge thank you to Urosinho for being such a great host.

Cheers,
    Matt.
    Last edited by 13977; November 18, 2010 at 12:37pm.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

What a great adventure this would have been, lots of positive vibes from reading this

... and rightly so!

:)

Matt thanks for nice words, the pleasure was all mine
    It is a pity that you had to leave (and so did I) so we couldn’t go out in weekend. Belgrade has truly amazing night life
    Hope we will meet again sometime somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I've been meaning to post the thread for two months now so it's about time I got around to doing it.

As some of you may know in September I went on some travels through some of the Balkan peninsula. I started in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and from there made my way through Serbia, Kosovo and Macedonia where I flew home from.

Knowing we have some Serbian members on the org and inspired by the recent SDCC meet up I PM'd the ones I knew of suggesting a meet up one night of some sort.
    The only person who was available was Urosinho, who despite having to go to a wedding the next day, met me one evening in Belgrade for drinks and food.
    We had a really great time talking about all thing MOTU over drinks. Urosinho was very hospitable and took me to parts of the city I wouldn't have seen with out him, he showed me plans he has for using rocks in his MOTUC display/diorama which look very cool and I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. I also met his girlfriend who told me I sounded like Hugh Grant lol.

I'd also like to point just out how dedicated MOTU fans Urosinho and the other Serbian fans are as Matty/Digital river do not ship to Serbia (but do ship to the surrounding countries) so they have to get all their MOTUC figures of the secondary market which as you know is a lot more expensive then buying direct from Matty (which is expensive anyway).

Finally I'd just like to once again say a huge thank you to Urosinho for being such a great host.

Cheers,
    Matt.

I hope you'll come again to Belgrade, and that we can gather, all of us He-Fans, but feel free to inform us of your arrival.