Thread: Does This Mean Anything?

Does This Mean Anything?

Sony has made domains for the possible Masters of the Universe movie. There are two sets of websites, mastersoftheuniverse-movie.net (or com) and he-man-movie.com (or net). When you click on both the He-Man addresses and the mastersoftheuniverse.net, you are taken to the Sony Pictures website.

Also of interest, both the He-Man addresses were last updated in October 2010, so a mere two months ago. I don't know about this sort of stuff. Does this mean anything?

BTW, here are the pages for you to read:

http://www.whois.net/whois/mastersof...erse-movie.net
    http://www.whois.net/whois/he-man-movie.com
    http://www.whois.net/whois/he-man-movie.net

definitely a very positive sign.

It must be said that Warner Bros did the same thing when they had the right. But when you click on the sites now a message saying “Oops this page doesn’t exist” appears. Once again, I don’t know if this means anything. I find it interesting that the He-Man.com/net addresses were updated in October of this year.

all studies make this but it was updated in October, that's what matters.

Heroic Warrior
    Its no surprise the movie is currently in the writing stage, nice find! In 2011 we are supposed to read about new advanced

Movie companies option movies all the time. What it means is that they have shown interest in developing the movie and have liscensed the option for a certain amount of time to see what they can do with it.

Several companies have liscensed the rights to the MOTU live action movie over the years, but none of them have really done anything with it. However with the rise of 80's property movies such as GI Joe and Transformers it probably won't be long before we hear something.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    they also do this to stop people beating them to the punch on a site, sadly this means little to nothing
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    they also do this to stop people beating them to the punch on a site, sadly this means little to nothing
    As I said, they updated it in October of this year. If they had no interest, just like Warner Bros (I've checked their He-Man domains), they would not have bothered in updating it and just let it run out. I know it doesn’t mean they’re making the film, though.

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't put too much into this. It was likely a pro-active move on Sony's part to prevent Cybersquatters from snagging the domain names.

The fact it was updated just a few weeks ago only means that Sony has interest in the property, but I wouldn't read too much beyond that at the moment.

Heroic Warrior
    It means nothing until a movie is in front of the cameras.

Just like we've talked about a movie for several years and here we are 2011 about to start, and still no movie.

"This is true. This is real. This . . . is . . . STRAIGHT EDGE."

-CM Punk

Movie mayhem!
    I sure hope it means something. We've had so little movie news for so long, it would be nice to hear something! Its certainly a good sign considering they did it pretty recently :-)
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

New Updates Made Today

Just a little bit of an update. Sony Pictures have been busy today (22nd), updating all the .net addresses. All the .net addresses, which incorporate a whole host of addresses, now expire in 2012. What’s the significance of them only updating the .net addresses, though? I don’t know much about the Internet or websites and how it all works. Why update all the .net ones, but not the .coms (apart from one)?

Also, of interest, these are all the addresses Sony Pictures have saved. Notice the weird Skeletor addresses? If you copy and paste them they take you to Sony Pictures’ official international site:

he-man-movie.com
    he-man-movie.net
    mastersoftheuniverse-movie.com
    mastersoftheuniverse-movie.net
    skeletor-film.com
    skeletor-film.net
    skeletor-movie.com
    skeletor-movie.net
    skeletor-thefilm.com
    skeletor-thefilm.net
    skeletor-themovie.com
    skeletor-themovie.net

GOOD SIGN!!!!

Come on Sony!! Give us this movie!!!!11

Maybe they are even locking up potential sequel or prequel sites with the skeletor. ones. Would be pretty cool to see a movie with Skeletor as the focus in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Just a little bit of an update. Sony Pictures have been busy today (22nd), updating all the .net addresses. All the .net addresses, which incorporate a whole host of addresses, now expire in 2012. What’s the significance of them only updating the .net addresses, though? I don’t know much about the Internet or websites and how it all works. Why update all the .net ones, but not the .coms (apart from one)?

Also, of interest, these are all the addresses Sony Pictures have saved. Notice the weird Skeletor addresses? If you copy and paste them they take you to Sony Pictures’ official international site:

he-man-movie.com
    he-man-movie.net
    mastersoftheuniverse-movie.com
    mastersoftheuniverse-movie.net
    skeletor-film.com
    skeletor-film.net
    skeletor-movie.com
    skeletor-movie.net
    skeletor-thefilm.com
    skeletor-thefilm.net
    skeletor-themovie.com
    skeletor-themovie.net
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! https://www.ebluejay.com/store/Beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

Quick Update

Just a quick update to say that some of the web addresses I posted two posts above were scheduled to expire this November. Not so anymore! Sony Pictures have been busy yet again, updating all the addresses that were scheduled to be discontinued next month. All of the web addresses I posted now expire in 2012. They were all updated on the 29th September.
    Last edited by Krueger; October 6, 2011 at 09:38pm.

Heroic Warrior

Tired of waiting for Hollywood.

Sony makes some good movies, sometimes.

They will need to talk to me if they want to get the movie made right.

..of the 3 I storyboarded Transformers, Robotech and Masters, I expect Robotech will get pumped out and pooch-screwed next.

(at least the movies would be made in the right order then)

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    skeletor-film.com
    skeletor-film.net
    skeletor-movie.com
    skeletor-movie.net
    skeletor-thefilm.com
    skeletor-thefilm.net
    skeletor-themovie.com
    skeletor-themovie.net
    Could this mean we're getting a movie version of The Skeletor Show from Youtube?

Wow, He-Man sounded like Ringo Starr there. That was pretty funny. Definitely not for those who can't take F-bombs and toilet humor. I like the one I've seen on Kontraband or College Humor about six or seven years ago where someone dubbed the dialogue from The Big Lebowski to a He-Man episode. It was a riot to hear John Goodman's "You see what happens?" dialogue with He-Man throwing Tri-Klops off his back.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallbie View Post
    Could this mean we're getting a movie version of The Skeletor Show from Youtube?
    Hey, I'd watch it!
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    Hey, I'd watch it!
    So would I, but it'd almost be like watching Robot Chicken: The Movie. Probably would end up being like an hour long.