Thread: He-Man 2002 "Iron Cross" variant figure

He-Man 2002 "Iron Cross" variant figure

Hello there!

Does anyone know if this figure is rare? Just found out that a friend of mine actually owns one still in its box!

Last edited by demiscy; December 5, 2010 at 06:12pm.

It's less common that the *, but it's not that rare.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    I thought it was rare too. But when I sold mine earlier this year (to raise funds to buy MOTUC, lol), I found out he was worth about ten bucks. Of course the market is changing all the time for action figures. Maybe he'll get lucky!

And still, it's an AWESOME toy to have MOC!! I'm gonna try to replace him someday.
    Great B/S/T'ers: iceman51880, Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .Org Feedback Thread
    My .Org Marketplace Feedback

Thank you both for your input!!

Heroic Warrior
    I believe the 200X He-Man that has the cross actually wasn't a "variant". He was the first release of the figure prior to Mattel deciding that the cross wasn't iconic enough. The second wave that had He-Man was changed to have the asterisk symbol.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I believe the 200X He-Man that has the cross actually wasn't a "variant". He was the first release of the figure

Yeah I don't consider him a variant either. He is basically "First Wave" He-Man, the original and first release.
    Which Mattel later updated with the modern chest-emblem.

In Stereo Where Available Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Yeah, I remember when the 200X line first started, the only version of He-Man that I could find was the Iron Cross version.

In fact because the toy line started hitting stores before the cartoon aired, and my only real knowledge of the line was pics from Toyfare and seeing the figures in stores, I didn't even know about the * version until later on.

I didn't find out about it until I happened to check ebay for MOTU items (if I recall correctly), and someone had the Iron Cross version listed as a rare variant. I contacted the seller to ask what they meant by that since that was the only version that I had seen and knew about. That's when they informed me of the change in the chest symbol.

So, I don't think that version is TOO rare... it does seem like a pretty solid amount of them were produced.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I believe the 200X He-Man that has the cross actually wasn't a "variant". He was the first release of the figure prior to Mattel deciding that the cross wasn't iconic enough. The second wave that had He-Man was changed to have the asterisk symbol.

I remember getting both variants at about around the same time,Summer 2002, more than likely a week apart. So, they had to have been released around the same time.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    I remember getting both variants at about around the same time,Summer 2002, more than likely a week apart. So, they had to have been released around the same time.
    If memory serves me correctly, the Original Iron Cross He-Man was found around April 2002. Maybe couple months later before the debut of Cartoon on August, they started stocking on the "H" He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Any thoughts on if it would’ve gone up in value by now?
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    Some people prefer the "*" or "H" as some call it, because it matches the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    nope you can still buy him, and most of the 200x line for nearly what they went for originally at retail.
    cogito ergo doleo