Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A new MOTU videogame is possible?

A new MOTU videogame is possible?

THQ plans to produce and distribute video games based on Barbie®, Hot Wheels® and Fisher-Price®. The companies will also collaborate to expand the video game and interactive potential of newer properties such as Monster High™ and longtime Mattel favorites such as Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em® Robots, Masters of the Universe®, Polly Pocket™ and others.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/THQ-an....html?x=0&.v=1

UPDATED:
    News from ToyFare

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    Extremely unlikely...cause all these have really mostly already been made into like 20 different games, as nice as a He-Man game would be, I feel it'd be butchered.

I hope that we get a decent MOTU game... Are there any good THQ games (aside from the Smackdown! Games)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

I'd love a MotU game using an engine like Red Dead Redemption where you could explore the different areas of Eternia. You don't necessarily need to do "missions" (although they are available) but you can just do what you want.

Oops, sorry. Just now found this thread. Moving this here.

THQ signs He-Man IP

THQ could be making a game about none other than the most powerful man in the universe, He-Man.

His fabulously camp battles with arch enemy Skeletor fall under the Masters of the Universe licence, which was one of a handful granted to THQ in a new deal inked with toy-maker Mattel.

Others include Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, Monster High and Polly Pocket.

For now, THQ is only committing to Barbie, Hot Wheels and Fisher-Price games.

All platforms, from consoles and their online distribution services to PCs, mobiles and handhelds are mentioned as potential destinations.

THQ also plans to adapt various Mattel brands for uDraw, its Wii pen and tablet drawing peripheral. Pictionary, released last year, was the first fruit of this now cemented relationship.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...igns-he-man-ip

Hmmm I think a game similar in style to X-Men Legends would be ideal for a He-Man and the Masters of the Universe just like the article of Toyfare suggested. Each of the characters could have skins so you could have a vintage style team, a 200x team or a mix and match. Maybe they could even do bikini Teela!
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

Heroic Warrior
    Imagine if Rocksteady or Epic got MOTU
    Heck, id love to see a He-man game in the style of Darksiders.

It's funny how several days back there was a thread about the new game Dungeon Defenders stealing Eternia and Etheria - and now we could possibly be getting a new MOTU game.

I prefer I good game than a movie, but a really good one with a open world like GTA, RDR or the coming L.A. Noire,but all of this are rockstar, this THQ has some good games?
    My Feedback

God save the Queen Zhal!

Quote Originally Posted by bianchi5 View Post
    I prefer I good game than a movie, but a really good one with a open world like GTA, RDR or the coming L.A. Noire,but all of this are rockstar, this THQ has some good games?
    I don't know anything about THQ, but I noticed they have a Conan game.

http://www.thq.com/us/game/show/4785/Conan

List of other games:

http://www.thq.com/us/search/index

Yeah, it's a run-of-the-mill company, IMO. But it has some good games.
    Take a look at this, too, and judge for yourselves:
    http://www.metacritic.com/company/th...tascore&page=0

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    THQ. It's in the game!

They made some slammin' wrestling titles for N64.

I imagine the choices are:

1) A Zelda-like game. He-Man and Battle Cat (think Epona) with Orko hovering behind to provide hints and clues (think Midna)
    2) A turn based RPG, with multiple party members to choose from.
    3) A Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Baldur's Gate/Champions of Norrath-like game.
    4) A Soul Calibur/Samurai Shodown-like fighting game.
    5) A classic downloadable beat-em up for X-Box Live/PS3

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I don't know anything about THQ, but I noticed they have a Conan game.

http://www.thq.com/us/game/show/4785/Conan

List of other games:

http://www.thq.com/us/search/index
    I've played/beaten that Conan game and it was surprisingly good when it came out, before all these God of War, Dante's Inferno style games. I don't have a problem with THQ at all, they make solid, fun games.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

So they have improved a lot from their NES era slightly better than LJN horrors...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I hope that we get a decent MOTU game... Are there any good THQ games (aside from the Smackdown! Games)
    going by the list on wikipedia, the last thq game i played was the punisher on xbox. it was pretty good. i was going to mention that i heard their sonic advance games were good, but then i noticed that they only published it.

really hope a decent he-man game is made.

So I guess We can't expect too much from then meh!! When is about MOTU I'm tendentious and look things with heart and not with reason,I would like a top instant classic game!!
    But that Conan game don't look so bad, if I found one I'll give it a try!
    My Feedback

God save the Queen Zhal!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    My girl loves spongebob.. and I picked up Atlantis Squarepantis for the wii.. and this game was pretty awful. The characters all looked terrible in cut scenes, the game was short, and it really just seemed like a quick cash in. I mean, Spongebob is a classic character at this point, and if only all video games could be made with the care Nintendo does for it’s Mario franchise.

Basically all I’m saying is I’ve seen THQ do some hackjobs on it’s licensed games. However, DeBlob and Saint’s Row have gotten great reviews.. so the company can make a good product. I think with proper care, Masters of the Universe would be a great game, and could revitalize the franchise alone with a great videogame. Look at how excited people are over the Batman: Arkham games. If they could do that with He-Man then I think we ‘d be on the right track.

Also, I’m surprised they mentioned Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em without saying they’re commiting to a video game. Hugh Jackman’s in a Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em movie coming out soon.. you’d think there’d be some video game to coincide with that.

Hm...I don't know why they would, but they included it in the list. I mean, thier demographic right now is collectors, so they've got a smaller focus than most games would. They would have to keep it low-budget, and I don't know if that's worth it. Well, depending on where they put that budget. If they throw it into graphics and try to make it stunning, then I'll bet the rest will suffer.

I think they should just can any shot of trying to make an interesting story and just make a good fighter. You can cram in a ton of characters into a fighter (and recolors and different costumes) and the various characters with thier wacky powers will certainly make for an interesting fighter as well. I mean, half the work is done for you! They're already interesting; you just gotta find moves that go along with thier ridiculous powers.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Just reskin Darksiders or Batman Arkham Asylum and I will be there.

Please no fighting games and no lame 3-D adventure games. Something along the lines of Legend of Zelda would do just fine for the mythos and the fanbase.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Saaaaaaay Whaaaaaaat?!!!!!!!
    Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

Bring on the MOTU video game, I say!

I hope it's kick ass, just for the fact that MOTU needs to hit the ground running after being stagnant with the general public for a while.

I know it's ambitious, but I've always dreamed about a MMO that also allows you to engage in 2-player VS battles inside of the game with all sorts of special moves, finishing moves, etc.
    Oh to dream...

The MOTU/POP/NA world with such a RICH cast of characters is so perfect for such a project.
    When working on the 200x comic script, I had loosely written a game script for something like this (just for my own amusement)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    THQ. It's in the game!

They made some slammin' wrestling titles for N64.
    I see what you did there.

I imagine the choices are:

1) A Zelda-like game. He-Man and Battle Cat (think Epona) with Orko hovering behind to provide hints and clues (think Midna)
    3) A Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Baldur's Gate/Champions of Norrath-like game.
    4) A Soul Calibur/Samurai Shodown-like fighting game.
    Great suggestions, but...

5) A classic downloadable beat-em up for X-Box Live/PS3
    This might be closer to the truth, from what I read it's going to be downloadable titles only for the moment for XBL Arcade and PSN. So it won't be something grandiose like a full-fledged Zelda-type game, more along the lines of something already up, like a top-down game (like Marvel Alliance) or maybe something like Castle Crashers.
    Where's the rest of the Vintage New Adventures?
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Hoove, Chef Allen, Catra variants, Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon, Skystalker, Shecky

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    This might be closer to the truth, from what I read it's going to be downloadable titles only for the moment for XBL Arcade and PSN. So it won't be something grandiose like a full-fledged Zelda-type game, more along the lines of something already up, like a top-down game (like Marvel Alliance) or maybe something like Castle Crashers.
    Or the new Ghostbusters game Sony is making

It could also be for the iPad, iOS development has gone way up after the success of Infinity Blade by Epic and Rage by ID. The profit margin is much greater and the audience is made up of a wide demographic
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

i'd like a videogame ,actually i'd like something to be finalized in motu,movie,videogames , no more rumors or semi-news.
    something concrete

I think my vote would go for an X-Men Legends type of game. I haven't beaten the first one yet (), but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I have played the TDK He-Man game for PS2 as well (I bought a modded PS2 specifically so I could play it. ). I thought it was fun, but it could have been a LOT better. I think I beat it in two days and it's mainly He-Man vs. Skeletor.

When another MOTU game is made, I definitely want to see all the heroes and villains from the 80's toyline in the game (except for the meteorbs...it's okay if they don't make it. They'd probably cost a lot more money to make because of the odd shapes and such).

I think it would be awesome to make it like an XML style game. There's the main mission and storyline, but you would also have side-missions that could be character-specific to who is in your party.

I'll give some Filmation examples:

- Mekaneck: sidequest of searching for his son.
    - Teela: find the oracle, find the truth (about her mother)

Heck, they could even go back in time and do adventures with He-Ro and King Grayskull for some levels, go to the future and play around with NA and have a side-quest mission where Teela-Na becomes the Sorceress.

It also allows for free-range in the Universe. When the game first starts though, I think it would be cool to separate the light vs dark hemisphere with the Mystic Wall. So, it would basically be training levels. Maybe learn about Eternia, train with Adam and Teela and have random creatures that can attack you as you explore (like Shadow Beasts). Then, when you complete the training level as Adam and complete some sort of Man-At-Arms training exercises, Skeletor breaks through the wall and your first official quest is to get to Castle Grayskull and accept your destiny.

I think it would be a fantastic game! It's always been my dream to see something like this made.

EDIT: I would also like to see a chapter of missions where He-Man has to travel to Etheria and find Adora. This could be an optional side-quest you get by visiting the Sorceress in Castle Grayskull. That way, all the PoP characters would already be made and they could make a She-Ra game like the He-Man one and he could guest star in it too!

After this chapter/mission is completed, the PoP girls would be unlocked and you could put them in your team on Eternia! I think it would be rockin.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 5, 2011 at 01:01pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah