Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A new MOTU videogame is possible?

Oh boy here we go again

We all just better not get out hopes up for an MOTU game. With the 200X game not even making it to shelves, I doubt anyone will touch this property again.

If we did get a He-Man game, it will no doubt be a single player, cookie cutter hack/slash game that will allow you to play as He-Man only. It will not explore the vast, amazing wealth of characters MOTU has to offer. It will be lame. I just watched some Conan gameplay videos, and it looks like a fairly solid game. As far as I'm concerned, a new MOTU movie would be the only thing that would ensure a game is developed, and like 90% of the games based on movies, it will be rushed and suck.

If this game ever gets made, it will be nowhere near the magnitude of something like God of War. It won't even be this mildly appealing Conan game I was just watching. 50 Cent's game will see a sequel before MOTU is touched... I know its terrible... but the truth often is.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 5, 2011 at 02:18pm.

The best thing I could hope for is a unlockable character in games with a feel like Assassins creed, God of War or Prince of Persia
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

[email protected]

Video game speculation

http://kotaku.com/5725491/this-could...man-video-game

Nice to see mention of He-Man on Kotaku.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This is great news!!!!

He-Man street fighter game! Or even a Red Dead Redemption / Grand Theft Auto style MOTU!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Man this is great! Finally a MOTU game.
    I'd love the game to be like God of War or something with a similar engine.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

You guys keep looking at Conan, its really the wrong game in THQ's development to be looking at. It bombed horribly and was little more than a side adventure to get people interested in the MMO that came out.

I really do think it will be a XBL/PSN/iPhone/iPad game. Those are cheap to make, have short development cycles and often use licensed content to drive the sales.

It would be the easiest way for THQ to profit. It may not be what orgers wish for but its far better than praying for a licensed movie game or a licensed game in general on a console.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    It's hard for me to get excited about this. If a game is made, it will probably be based on the upcoming movie. Instead of playing as He-man, we'll probably wind up playing as the actor who plays He-man.

Great news! Please in classics design...

or just like this)

FM
    action features for action figures!

It'll be great if they could heavily base the environment on Filmation backgrounds...
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Personally, I'm still waiting for Mattel to license MOTU to Lego, and then for LEGO/Traveler's Tales to do a MOTU game like the Lego Star Wars, Batman, Indiana Jones, and Harry Potter franchises.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    I'm afraid that if they make a game it'll be based on the upcoming movie. Instead of playing as He-man we'll probably play as the actor who plays He-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Hm...I don't know why they would, but they included it in the list. I mean, thier demographic right now is collectors, so they've got a smaller focus than most games would. They would have to keep it low-budget, and I don't know if that's worth it. Well, depending on where they put that budget. If they throw it into graphics and try to make it stunning, then I'll bet the rest will suffer.

I think they should just can any shot of trying to make an interesting story and just make a good fighter. You can cram in a ton of characters into a fighter (and recolors and different costumes) and the various characters with thier wacky powers will certainly make for an interesting fighter as well. I mean, half the work is done for you! They're already interesting; you just gotta find moves that go along with thier ridiculous powers.
    A fighting game would be a great start for all the reasons you list. And they (when even kinda good) are great attention grabbers. Very popular.

Sure, I want something alittle more but a fighter would be a great start, and alot of fun. So many characters you could add that would help people get a feeling for who they are, since we're having to sell this game to more than those that know who they are like we do.

Then come out with something about He-Man questing against Skeletor. A story and action game. What form? I dont know, but I like the discusion.

Now if only it'd happen. Though it wont. Here's to being wrong!

Hmm...

I wonder if it'll be as good as or better than the 200X games that TDK made for the GBA and PS2 a few years back (which I actually enjoyed mind you)...
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by Feast-Man View Post
    Great news! Please in classics design...

or just like this)

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1...4masters1h.jpg

FM

OMG where did you get these???? Want the bad guy ones please!

Court Magician

New he-man video game?

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Just reskin Darksiders....
    I know a few of the guys over at THQ in Agoura Hills and from what I've gleaned off of them this is most likely the direction they will be going. I just really hope they come up with an amazing script and hire some good talent for the voice over. I've sent my demo to casting already.

Nothing to do with MOTU but they also wound up with Voltron (probably since Mattel also has that toy license) and I'm a huge fan of that so they've been asking me a bunch of questions. I loaned a THQ developer all of my Lionforce Voltron DVDs about a month ago because he had no idea what it was about other than big robots.
    I also heard they have Thundercats on the table.
    Up, Up, & Away!
    The Amazing Brian-Man of SpyMonkey Creations Inc.
    President & Founder of the Plundor Appreciation League

Movie mayhem!
    Playing God of War 3 all I could think about was MOTU. I think a MOTU game in that vein would be VERY cool!
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    I'm afraid that if they make a game it'll be based on the upcoming movie. Instead of playing as He-man we'll probably play as the actor who plays He-man.
    which is still technically he-man lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    OMG where did you get these???? Want the bad guy ones please!
    action features for action figures!

Heroic Warrior
    If it was made like God of War or Zelda I'd be happy, but I think we are asking for too much if we think they will do it that good, but we can hope!!!! & boy would I be happy!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    We all just better not get out hopes up for an MOTU game. With the 200X game not even making it to shelves, I doubt anyone will touch this property again.

If we did get a He-Man game, it will no doubt be a single player, cookie cutter hack/slash game that will allow you to play as He-Man only. It will not explore the vast, amazing wealth of characters MOTU has to offer. It will be lame. I just watched some Conan gameplay videos, and it looks like a fairly solid game. As far as I'm concerned, a new MOTU movie would be the only thing that would ensure a game is developed, and like 90% of the games based on movies, it will be rushed and suck.

If this game ever gets made, it will be nowhere near the magnitude of something like God of War. It won't even be this mildly appealing Conan game I was just watching. 50 Cent's game will see a sequel before MOTU is touched... I know its terrible... but the truth often is.
    Actually, the 200x game was released, the GBA version got widespread release, the PS2 version saw European release (to critical panning along with it).

But I think most are going to be highly disappointed with any MOTU game, and as is, I have severe doubts whether any game will actually get produced until this supposed live action film materializes.

Just because THQ has the OPTION to make a game, doesn't mean they WILL. At least not until the live action film gets out of development hell.

It looks like it's almost certain from the way this article is written.

I love THQ for their WWE games, but to bad Midway did not get the rights or we could have a MOTU vs Mortal Kombat. But I would be more happy with a long epic game more like Dragon Siege or The Oblivion series.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Bring on the MOTU video game, I say!

I hope it's kick ass, just for the fact that MOTU needs to hit the ground running after being stagnant with the general public for a while.

I know it's ambitious, but I've always dreamed about a MMO that also allows you to engage in 2-player VS battles inside of the game with all sorts of special moves, finishing moves, etc.
    Oh to dream...

The MOTU/POP/NA world with such a RICH cast of characters is so perfect for such a project.
    When working on the 200x comic script, I had loosely written a game script for something like this (just for my own amusement)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    which is still technically he-man lol

Not to me.