Thread: Is this He-Ro's grave?

Is this He-Ro's grave?

I have heard mention several times He-Ro's grave outside of Castle Grayskull. There is also mention of it on the official MOTUC Eternia map, near the SW corner of the castle.
    The vintage MOTU "The Sword of Skeletor" book just arrived in the mail, a great read! I noticed the grave-like appearance of the castle's "hidden stone lock" that Skeletor uses to gain access to the castle. Is this where the idea of He-Ro's grave came from?

He-Man historian
    In the MYP background art for Castle Grayskull, we see a marker/tombstone near the Castle. In MYP-times, it was never referred to, or given explanation.

Then MOTUC came, and at first it was merely hinted, that it was not King Grayskull's tomb. Then it was revealed that He-Ro would come as Exclusive figure at SDCC and it was now given the meaning of being tombstone for He-Ro.
    (some backward retcon, just like in MYP, there was no mention or acknowledgment for He-Ro, yet at the time of DVD Volume 2 Hordak's bio, it was shoehorned to mention how Hordak chased He-Ro coinciding roughly same time the figure was coming)

I doubt that MYP knew about "The Sword of Skeletor".
    This is one of those times when fans can explain and connect things on their own.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Nah, it's from one of the Promo-images from 200x-series, where you see He-man standing next to a mysterious grave outside of Castle Grayskull.

I think originally, it was meant to be KG's grave?

Connecting the lock-stone to He-Ro's grave is a good idea actually

I like that.
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Thinking logically, King Grayskull would obviously be buried in a tomb within his own castle. It just makes sense.

He-Ro being from the cosmos and a cosmic warrior would be buried outside where he would lie underneath the stars. Again, just makes sense.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    He-Ro (despite the MOTUC bio) is a wizard not a cosmic warrior. The simbol of He-Ro´s cape and that tombstone is the same. King Grayskull must be buried inside the castle...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    He-Ro (despite the MOTUC bio) is a wizard not a cosmic warrior. The simbol of He-Ro´s cape and that tombstone is the same. King Grayskull must be buried inside the castle...
    True.
    Original
    He-Ro was the Most Powerful Wizard. And he did not have a symbol on his cape.

MOTUC
    says he's a cosmic warrior and he has a symbol that looks like the one in MYP-show had in mere background (a show that didn't even recognize He-Ro).

But luckily that won't confuse fans, especially any newcomers who prefer straight answers. LOL.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    He-Ro was the Most Powerful Wizard. And he did not have a symbol on his cape.

We´ll never see the vintage He-Ro´s cape´s back...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Heroic Warrior
    LOL!!!

I can just picture Skeletor reading an ancient prophecy...

'Insert the Sword of Power into He-ro and gain entrance to the castle...'

"BLAST it all... I've already killed THREE He-men with this sword and NOTHING!!!"

He-Man historian
    http://pics.livejournal.com/jonwes/pic/0011yc98.jpg

Tytus & Megator's box-art shows the back of the cape and there is no symbol.
    Also in the style-guide there is no mention of a symbol on the back of the cape, and that would have been too much of an important info to leave out of a style-guide.

http://pics.livejournal.com/jonwes/pic/0011yc98.jpg

Wow! I never noticed that it is the same symbol on He-Ro's cape and on the MYP Castle Grayskull tombstone. A great idea! I like He-Ro and I wish they intorduced him in MYP and revealed what his connection to Castle Grayskull/King Grayskull is.

But if the vintage He-Ro did not have the symbol on his cape how did Toyguru/4H come up with an idea to put a symbol on He-Ro's cape? Is it really the same symbol as on the tombstone?

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    But if the vintage He-Ro did not have the symbol on his cape how did Toyguru/4H come up with an idea to put a symbol on He-Ro's cape? Is it really the same symbol as on the tombstone?
    It might have been ToyGuru's idea to use the logo from MYP-background, and try to tie He-Ro into the same universe as where King Grayskull already existed.
    They used the logo from the painting and put it on MOTUC He-Ro.

When MYP show was being made, they didn't propably know of He-Ro's existence. Why else would they have created King Grayskull (who serves the same exact purpose of being He-Man's ancestor and source of the Power). In MYP He-Ro never existed. But later now with MOTUC, in order to make the figure and sell it, they are making no-stops to tie He-Ro into the same (current) continuity.