Thread: They changed the neck articulation??

They changed the neck articulation??

It looks like they changed the construction to the next articulation which is weird since you'd think this means they would need to retool all the torsos.

for pics check this thread out.

http://www.poeghostal.com/forums/vie....php?f=2&t=324

thoughts?
    cogito ergo doleo

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    I noticed this as well, it's what they have for the WWE figures as well, I figured they implement it here soon.

So...Mattel made the MOTUC male necks like the MOTUC female necks which have issues and Mattel are "working on" fixing.

Hmmm...

Pics by Lay Ze-Man

Here's where TG explains the female neck design creates bobble heads:

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...d.php?t=181947

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Hey He-Fans,

We're well aware that a lot of fans are receiving Goddess figures that have a "bobble head" effect. Here is the 411 on that:

In order to have removable heads, the pin used to connect the head and neck is creating the undesired effect.

Does this mean all the male figures are going to have giraffe necks (like Teela) and bobble heads?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 19, 2011 at 11:34pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

yeah this is what I am worried about. There seems to be no reason to change what is not broken...sigh...and they improved the ankle joint on the very same figure....

2 steps forward and 1 step back.
    cogito ergo doleo

Damn. I hope we don't have bobbleheaded males now too.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Vikor's neck functions as well as the other male figures thus far despite the design change. Once you take the cape off, that is.

I'm not worried.

I switched heads last night and the head and neck funtioned the same.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm sorry, I fail to see what you guys are talking about. What has changed in the neck articulation? It seems to be no different than any other figure for me.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ugh. I don't know why they would do that. Let's take the faulty assembly and make it standard across the board. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm sorry, I fail to see what you guys are talking about. What has changed in the neck articulation? It seems to be no different than any other figure for me.
    Darkspecters pics do a very good job spelling out what's going on. It's not the neck articulation per se, it's the neck assembly. Up to now the male figures had essentially a double ball joint. One end socketed into the torso, the other end onto the head. The females had a ring around a pin to attach to the body and a ball joint to attach the head. The ring not properly fitting around the pin is what causes the bobblehead effect. Vikor has the pin and ring system that had previously only been on the females.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; January 20, 2011 at 09:36am.
    Great Black Wizard figure please!

I think besides the obvious "why would they change the neck assembly when it was perfectly fine to something potentially faulty?" question, the most important question would be:

Why did Mattel waste part of their very "limited" tooling budget for MOTUC on such a frivolous thing that didn't need fixing?

I mean...seriously. What's up with that? People are just starting to get their Vikors and I've already read a few people almost breaking his neck trying to get the heads off of this new neck system and being unable to pop the head on and off because the ball is larger than the rest of the male necks.

Instead of this new neck peg, we could have got a few new pieces! If I understand how this is built correctly, the following pieces have to be new:

- neck peg
    - front torso (with the stick connector that goes in the loop at the bottom of the neck peg)
    - back torso (to connect the stick into)

That could have been 3 new headsculpts or 3 new accessories/weapons...

Ugh.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; January 20, 2011 at 10:55am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I switched heads last night and the head and neck funtioned the same.]
    it functions the same way but you can't tell me you didn't have a terrible time trying to get that Wun-Dar head on that Vikor neck peg.

The ball on the Vikor neck peg is slightly larger than all the other figures' neck pegs.

The peg on Vikor, as the drawing suggests IS connected to the torso differently than before. It's a flimsier construction. It also puts undue stress on the neck opening where the peg protrudes from the torso. Only from removing the head the first time (or possibly from when the head was placed on the figure in the factory), there are white stress marks on the neck of my Vikor figure.

I don't understand this. The ONLY reason they might have done this is because it was cheaper. Mattel does this. Decrease the quality as a line becomes more successful. I'm sure we will get some bs excuse for why they changed this, OR a flat out denial or misunderstanding of the issue (like with The Goddess).

So far, switching heads on the male figures has been easy and hasn't caused any stress to the plastic of the peg or the torso. Now, we have to worry about changing heads on a $20 (plus shipping) figure. Ridiculous.
    A Want List
    Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I don't understand this. The ONLY reason they might have done this is because it was cheaper. Mattel does this. Decrease the quality as a line becomes more successful. I'm sure we will get some bs excuse for why they changed this, OR a flat out denial or misunderstanding of the issue (like with The Goddess).

So far, switching heads on the male figures has been easy and hasn't caused any stress to the plastic of the peg or the torso. Now, we have to worry about changing heads on a $20 (plus shipping) figure. Ridiculous.
    I can think of a reason, but it's out there. It's all a sick experiment to see just how far they can go before the line fails because fans just can't put up with it anymore.

Besides as mentioned the new tooling cost for no discernable reason, you're also taking a system that has worked spectacularly and replaced it with one that is inheirantly less durable and is prone to other and new faults that the old design was not susceptible too. Scott needs to address the why of this.
    Great Black Wizard figure please!

Yeah it was a pain to get that head on. Taking it off isn't as bad.

Heroic Warrior
    wouldn't the pin at the bottom be prone to breakage versus the original ball joint? for those of you that pull heads off figures all the time (as if you were 5-year-olds, ha!), i could see that being a problem!

I had a heckuva time taking Vikor's head off!
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Movie mayhem!
    I think this should be added to the Design Letter thats currently being constructed here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=203111
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962