Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 033 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 033 Discussion!

Episode 033 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Emiliano Santalucia, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

Over the course of the show we touch on topics such as
    a call to Matty Collector
    Val's gifts from fellow fans
    Digital River and problems with bundle orders
    more Clamp Champ talk
    MOTU wrestling survivor series
    and what draws the gang to MOTU.

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    (none this week)

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    (none this week)

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 44 minutes, 43 seconds

Direct link for Episode 033

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

woo-hoo! ... time to get my dinner on! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    time for Dinner

downloading it now!!
    People sleep peaceably at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    We were definitely gettin hungry.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Bcrduke was the guy who kicked off the triple threat of himself, Pixel Dan and I. I'm pleasantly surprised that we weren't the only ones to do this.

We didn't like how Val didn't have any MOTUC figures.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

I too am glad that others where able to get Val some figures!

As for my accident, let me just say this, it takes more than a motorcycle accident on the freeway in the rain at freeway speeds to take me & my bike out!

Thanks again for the show everybody!
    I want my other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post

As for my accident, let me just say this, it takes more than a motorcycle accident on the freeway in the rain at freeway speeds to take me & my bike out!

DUDE! Are you alright??

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Bcrduke was the guy who kicked off the triple threat of himself, Pixel Dan and I. I'm pleasantly surprised that we weren't the only ones to do this.

We didn't like how Val didn't have any MOTUC figures.
    I was excited to be involved! Thanks, BCRDuke, for contacting me about it! Val really made out like a bandit. A sheepish bandit, but a bandit nonetheless....
    Last edited by PrinceAdam101; January 20, 2011 at 08:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Wow, you really ARE Wolverine! If Hugh Jackman ever needs a new stunt double you should go to the audition, as it sounds like you already have adamantium bones.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys.

Amusing episode.

You mean like this University of Iowa football player? (Hope I did this right)

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    The cold open was like walking right into the middle of a bizarre dream! Wow, what a run around you got.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Furry shorts

Great episode guys!!
    The beginning was awkward, I felt like I was eavesdropping on Val and Emiliano as they tried to contact Matty with no success.

But I've had that same thing happen, so I sympathize!

Also, it was nice to hear how the Dinner cast all became life-long fans. I used to watch it with my brother and grandfather, so I could relate. It's as much of a sentimental attachment to the MOTU as it is pure fandom.

Thanks again to Eamon for the shout-out!
    Female fans really do rock!!
    When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Oh man you guys have to color Homecomig! Please do it, that would be sweet and something we fans have been waiting for.

By the way Val great idea the one of Clamp Champ's clamp.

Eamon how about a Vikor fan art piece by you? You have to draw one man.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    DUDE! Are you alright??
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Wow, you really ARE Wolverine! If Hugh Jackman ever needs a new stunt double you should go to the audition, as it sounds like you already have adamantium bones.
    Heya folks, I'm fine. aside from a sore body, my hands were the only thing that got really tore up. In fact when the doctor was pullin' chunks of asphalt outta my knuckles, he said, "the tax payers want their road back." I laughed & said, "Hey man, I AM a tax payer & that chunk o' road is MINE." Way I see it, I earned it the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    You mean like this University of Iowa football player? (Hope I did this right)
    Talk about bouncin' back! Me, I got to slide several yards while rolling myself into the center divide area so's I wouldn't get ran over.

My bike has been my only ride for going on 6 years now. The day I got my bike, I donated my car to the battered woman's shelter. I've been riding that Harley-Davidson ever since, rain or shine. We've been through a lot together me & that bike. We've traveled to many places. I love it. Check out the pics in my folder, it's a handsome motorcycle.

Val, don't feel any guilt man, like Eamon says, "feel the love." Enjoy your figures bro! I hope to see y'all again in San Diego this year!!!
    I want my other half.

Great I'm starving!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Man, I was reading Watchmen in the bathroom, and my legs fell asleep. Maybe the can isn't the best place for comic reading.

Val made out like a bandit! That He-Man army is a tribute to your love of the multiple He-Men concept!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

a Muppet of a man...
    So I'm in my car, fumbling about in the morning. I plug my devices in, and think I'm starting the podcast. I hear Val say "Hello" in the cold open, and think I've accidentally dialed my speakerphone, and say "hello?" back in a confused tone. Then I hear Emiliano, and realize that I'm kinda dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    So I'm in my car, fumbling about in the morning. I plug my devices in, and think I'm starting the podcast. I hear Val say "Hello" in the cold open, and think I've accidentally dialed my speakerphone, and say "hello?" back in a confused tone. Then I hear Emiliano, and realize that I'm kinda dumb.
    LOL!
    I think that's awesome.
    It's like when I said hello to the golf club voice mail.
    Been there, done that, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    That's awesome!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/c/Pixel-Dan

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Fun episode!

That opening was wicked funny, and also caused me to shake my head and say "wow." At least Digital River provides good comedy fodder!!

It was fun listening to the gift openings and the different ways everyone got into MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword
    Talk about bouncin' back! Me, I got to slide several yards while rolling myself into the center divide area so's I wouldn't get ran over.
    Damn! You might very well be the next Evil Kenevil Power Sword! Glad you're ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Karla
    Female fans really do rock!!
    Right on sista!

Eamon, I could be wrong but you might be thinking about Tiger Mask. He's a very famous pro wrestler from the 80's for his matches with Dynamite Kid. He literally wore a tiger mask.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Eamon, I could be wrong but you might be thinking about Tiger Mask. He's a very famous pro wrestler from the 80's for his matches with Dynamite Kid. He literally wore a tiger mask.
    There was a pro wrestler who went by Battle Cat in the WWF. His stint was brief. Youtube it. Pro wrestling was my life from age 10 to age 21.

I have to agree with Eamon about the draw of MOTU. I love the pulp genre element mish-mash. It keeps it interesting to me. Nostalgia plays a big part for me as well and I'm also a big fan of the 4H and well done action figures in general.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Haha, I just made a joke post about WWF's "Battle Kat" just a couple months ago...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...96&postcount=5

I totally remember watching him on Prime Time Wrestling with Bobby the Brain and Gorilla Monsoon on the USA network back in the day. Mustve been around 1990-ish. I never missed wrestling on Monday night for like a good decade back then and even have several VHS tapes full of various episodes from around then.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

awesome podcast as ever guys! - congrats on your gifts val! ...

emiliano - i have a club eternia subscription and a club ecto-1 subscription ... when they were released, i just kind of bought them with blind faith - but now i hear your concerns and it does bother me a bit ... i really hope matty/DR don't screw this up ... but am i right in thinking your troubles are because you have multiple subscriptions? ... (i.e. more than one of each subscription) ... i've got to say however, matty/DR have never let me down so far - everything has been amazing ... so i'm currently a happy customer ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION