Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sy-Klone Packaged pictures up

I kinda wonder if the TECH vest is somewhat like Adam's techno vest.

The bio is disappointing. They make Sy-Klone a Gar, yet they fail to mention what the people of Eternia think of his presence among the heroic Masters.

Are they outraged? Suspicious of him? Have Randor's approval ratings dropped because of this?
    Nothing.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Me too. I wish they'd made him a cyborg rather than just a guy wearing high-tech armour. His bio doesn't explain how he's able to spin his torso around.
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I really hope that's not the case. Just because the Classics figure doesn't have an action feature is no reason to ignore the fact that his vintage figure, 200X figure, and even the MYP cartoon version all had spinning torsos.

Couldn't agree more.

I like the fact that he's a Gar but the fact that he gets his powers from the vest is stupid. I still think his 200X origin is the best.

The figure though looks fabulous!!

gbagok's fan made bio for comparison

Haven't processed the bio yet... It has some interesting aspects, but gbagok's is better.

Maybe I should post videos of broken figures more often: BAM! New bio!

Lol I know that's not why, but it's a a funny coincidence.

He looks great in the package, but I'm not hugely excited because we has him as a vintage figure AND a 200X figure and he could spin. Even just a twist spin function (without the dial) would have been acceptable.

I like the father reference. That's cool. It'd be cool to know more about him and maybe get a figure of him.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Looks great. I'll bet he will look cool on a flight stand too.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not a fan of the bio because I dont like the idea that Sy klone is the same race as Keldor, and I dont like the vest idea either, I like the idea of Sy-klone being a cybog or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    It could just be me, and most likely it is, but does it seem like Vikor and Sy-Klone share the same face?
    I was thinking he looked more like he-man, without the parted lips. Maybe once we have him in hand it will be more obvious.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I love that he is Gar... To me that is the most interesting thing about him.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    dy-lex... as in dial - ex? as in he used to have a dial to make him spin? Am I just over-thinking this?
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I like the bio, nothing great but it is good they made him a Gar because it brings up so many potential stories.

I am suprised there isn't already a "Dy-Lex in MOTUC" thread

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I don't know why, but I love that he's "combat ready"

~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Cool! He looks great and I really like his bio!

I like that he is a Gar (And don't ask me why, but I don't think I ever made the connection between Gar and Anwat Gar! I know. What a moron! Lol! ...so obvious...maybe it was just a lapse in memory?) Plus, he could still be simply a "Gar"-cyborg? He could be, you know? But I do really like the tech vest bit. I think it kinda brings him down to reality in one sense, making him more "human" I suppose. And I just like the fact that his skin tone is explained, period, and that it just makes sense that he is of the same race as Skeletor/Keldor. And I was actually a little taken back by the whole "terrorizing" bit! Lol! Not good 'ol Sy-Klone!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    gbagok's fan made bio for comparison

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...-klone_bio.jpg
    Superior in pretty much every way.

I like Sy-Klone's bio! I would prefer him to be a cyborg, but that's still fine. However, I don't like the bit about the Gar's terrorizing Eternia. I'm not a fan of the whole "evil race" thing they're starting to go with.

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    They make Sy-Klone a Gar, yet they fail to mention what the people of Eternia think of his presence among the heroic Masters.

Are they outraged? Suspicious of him? Have Randor's approval ratings dropped because of this?
    Nothing.
    ^This is also a good point.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    One thing they definitely got right was his eyebrows...these are the kinda brows He-man "should've" had in the classics line...

The worst eyebrows I've ever seen on a He-man figure is from The Original re-issue...looks like He-man penciled them on himself!

Wow! He looks AWESOME! I've never wanted to buy 2 to have one loose and one MOC.. but Sy-Klone may be my breaking point!!

April is going to be a HUGE month for me.. i can't friggin' wait!!

-----------

I totally agree with you.. pre-posed just isn't "classic" imo..

As the line progresses, the figures look better and better in-package than the first releases. I hate pre-posed. Sy-Klone is probably the best looking in package so far.

Hmmm... I think that if it weren't for the fact that I actually had the vintage version, I would have no interest in this one at all. The 200x version was such a huge improvement to me. No big deal, though! It's freakin MOTU!!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Warrior kinggreyskull2011's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    Hmmm... I think that if it weren't for the fact that I actually had the vintage version, I would have no interest in this one at all. The 200x version was such a huge improvement to me. No big deal, though! It's freakin MOTU!!
    Yeah, how cool was the 200x Sy-Klone I have the Snake-Men repaint MOC...very, very cool

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    but to me his real name will always be Dash-el, son of Thom-shel (UK comics ref)
    Same here mate, I'm a little surprised and disappointed they didn't use that name.

Not keen on this bio. It was always going to be a tough one but now he's just a Gar with a 'power vest'. And he's got technical skill to upgrade his own armor?
    I hate this line "He wears the last remaining TECH vest Armor created by his Gar ancestros to terrorize Eternia alter the Great Wars."

On a good point I am glad for the MYP bits.

gbagok bio is way better!
    Last edited by 13977; January 27, 2011 at 06:21am.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I love this figure!! Very very vintage style!!
    Great job 4h and Mattel!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Gbagok certainly knows how to write bios, doesn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    The bio is disappointing. They make Sy-Klone a Gar, yet they fail to mention what the people of Eternia think of his presence among the heroic Masters.

Nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I like Sy-Klone's bio! I would prefer him to be a cyborg, but that's still fine. However, I don't like the bit about the Gar's terrorizing Eternia. I'm not a fan of the whole "evil race" thing they're starting to go with.
    Not all of the Gar were bad. Illumina and Sy-Klone were good. So was Keldor originally. And the Queen Marlena is half-Gar--IF they use her MYP origin.

It would be sad if they use 80% of Illumina or Marlena's bio to add more to the whole Gar plotline.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 27, 2011 at 06:28am.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    One of my faves as a kid, he looks awesome!

The bio is one of the better ones, not confusing and straight...

Good work!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MldMnrdReporter View Post
    It could just be me, and most likely it is, but does it seem like Vikor and Sy-Klone share the same face?
    no, faces are a bit different.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I wonder how a tech-vest armor makes someone's torso spin around 360°.

The figure is okay, but I'm still kinda disappointed since I hoped for a surprise like a new (or at least repainted) weapon. That huge red ring just doesn't work as a handheld weapon for me.

Last edited by Sir Reilly; January 27, 2011 at 07:44am.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."