Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra 2.0 (Bubble Power) discussion thread (Q4 2011 extra)

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    As much as I'm really excited about getting a new She-ra, i'm also a tad worried about the re use of that Battleground Teela...

The problem with the first She-ra for me, aside for the ridig skirt, is how THICK she looked in that dress. She has no waist line and didn't look very feminine.

Take a look at a 'naked' Teela and you'll see she has a very small torso underneath, that would have looked ridiculous on a Bikini Teela, but the smallness of the torso was because they had to compensate for the extra thickness of the dress that goes ontop of it.

So yeah, Battleground Teela looks GREAT, but that's because she's sculpted for being 'naked', meaning the sculpt isn't made to accomodate for the extra thickness of a plastic dress. If you put an extra dress on that torso, it will look even THICKER than the first She-ra, even more so at the waist line.

So, unless they create a brand new torso for She-ra that connects with the new hip system developped for Battleground Teela, I fear that we're gonna get another thick looking, not so feminine princess of Power.

So yeah, I'm super duper excited about a She-ra v.02 - best news I 've heard from Toyfair this year - but I'm really anxious to hear how this is going to be made, and which part they will use for the torso.

It's great that Mattel is doing this, it has to be said, I think they're doing the right thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

It's stunningly tacky to make people buy this figure again. I refuse to believe they simply didn't have the foresight to think that she wouldn't fit on Swiftwind.

On the plus side, I won't buy a Swifty, so maybe I can score an old She-ra. I imagine there will be a flood of unwanted first released to be snatched up at fire-sale prices. So score one for us bargain hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    It's stunningly tacky to make people buy this figure again. I refuse to believe they simply didn't have the foresight to think that she wouldn't fit on Swiftwind.
    Totally disagree. No one has to buy the new figure so there is nothing tacky about offering your customer an updated product for purchase. I think it's tacky for people to feel entitled to a free She-Ra with Swift Wind. The original She-Ra is a nice figure and there will be ways to get her to work on Swift Wind if someone doesn't want to buy another She-Ra. This is the perfect solution for those of us that would like an updated She-Ra.

I'll probably buy her, no guarantees she'll remain She-Ra though.

I'm more excited to see some of the new mechnics in action, shorter height, snappy mask, will the eyes be painted so she doesn't look like a stroke victim, etc....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    http://popculturenetwork.com/article...01102141045435
    5) she will only come with one head- a new unmasked head with no hole and a vintage toy mask that clips on. If you want to use the Filmation head, you'll have to take it from the 2010 She-Ra and pop it on this She-Ra.

I am so angry about this.. words do not describe...

/deep breath....

SOOOOoooo.... Let me get this straight...

IF I want to pose She-ra on her horse... I have to Buy the new one... AND either Ebay the broken one... OR get the stupide 2 pack with a figure I don't want...

Then I will have TWO she-ra's standing on my shelf..

The original sold out to blasted fast... I've been WAITING for a re-release... and now they skimp out on the POPULAR head!!!!

All in a grand scheme to get you to buy the 2 pack with white shirt supergirl I imagine...

HOW ARE PEOPLE HAPPY WITH THIS??!?

It's the same price as the original... but with less stuff!!!! I remember the rants when Faker was just a repainted He-man with less weapons... How do they justify a new she-ra with less stuff than the original came with???

Heck that means they are spending extra money to redesign a bubble package so the extra 'head spot' won't be there....

I don't even LIKE She-ra that much... but wanted her on her horse for the collection, and now I have to buy TWO?!?! and PROBABLY a supergirl who doesn't fit my DCUC collection either...

Soooo... Angry....

Yes, we will have to pay another $20+applicable shipping, taxes and customs on her but I am still very excited. Nothing is really flawed about the initial She-Ra figure so in no way does Mattel owe me a free She-Ra replacement. I'm just so glad that Mattel and the Horsemen recognized that improvements could be made on such a popular figure and were willing to put the effort and slot up for this figure and won't be sacrificing the design of Swift Wind just to accommodate the original She-Ra figure.

Thanks!

Mattel and the Horsemen should have "recognized that improvements could be made" BEFORE they sold us a figure that wasn't ready to be sold. That would have required the incredibly difficult task of trying to pose She-Ra in a lunge-pose, OR imagining what might happen if one tried to sit her down on a plastic horse... or even Battle Cat for that matter.

The plastic used for her clothing was too stiff. That was a mistake.

Scott/TG also ADMITTED that this She-Ra has the wrong neck-peg. He said that the factory messed up, and the neck peg was not correct.

SO.... explain to me why you think it's ok that I should have to pay $32 (cost of figure, plus shipping and tax) for a remake of a figure I already own 2 of (one for each head).

This figure SHOULD be coming FREE with Swiftwind ("Free" is purely semantics... we'd be paying $30 for the horse and figure, which is FINE for Matty... he's not going on welfare if this happens). It's DISGUSTING that Scott did not plan/approve that... it would have been a great investment... and by packing it in with Swifwind (a beast they will make a killing on anyway, especially since the tooling will yield profit when they sell us the pink version, the filmation version, Storm, Arrow, Moonbeam, Sundancer, Teela's unicorn, Crystal Swift Wind, etc.), they can avoid a huge loss on packaging, etc.

I'm sorry, I won't drink the Kool-Aid....

I think it's tacky for people to feel entitled to a free She-Ra with Swift Wind. The original She-Ra is a nice figure and there will be ways to get her to work on Swift Wind if someone doesn't want to buy another She-Ra. This is the perfect solution for those of us that would like an updated She-Ra.
    Yeah, it's REALLY tacky when a customer wants a replacement for something that is highly flawed. That She-Ra figure is a mess:

-outfit too stiff to pose the figure, or sit it on a steed
    -in MANY cases, the paint apps were ridiculously sloppy
    -the heads didn't really fit on the neck peg (remember?)
    -the legs are knock-knee'd
    -neck peg was incorrect (an admission by MATTEL)

I don't think it's ridiculous for us, when we spend so much on this line to begin with, to expect Mattel to include this bonus She-Ra figure with Swift Wind.
    Last edited by bcrduke; February 15, 2011 at 05:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I'm excited to get an improved She-ra, but I too want the Filmation head included. I have the original release, but had to shave down the plastic inside the heads some so I could comfortably switch them. Now I'm worried they'll be too loose for the new figure.

It's early enough in the game that they should be able to include the Filmation head if enough people demand it!
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    HOW ARE PEOPLE HAPPY WITH THIS??!?
    That's a great question. And I'm not happy at all. Mattel is really putting the screwing to us with this deal.

I've said it before but I've got to say it again definitely not happy with the no filmation head. I dont see Mattel ever including this figure free with Swiftwind but I really see no reason why they cant throw in the extra head. This is not at all unreasonable and we should fight for this!

I dont see how this could even work. In years to come, how will they reissue She-Ra??? The original who cant fit on Swiftwind or the corrected version without the more popular head??? Not fair to anyone.

Not only should she come with the filmation head but it should be on the figure in the package so MOC collectors have a reason to buy this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    This figure SHOULD be coming FREE with Swiftwind. It's DISGUSTING that Scott did not plan/approve that... it would have been a great investment... and by packing it in free with Swifwind (a beast they will make a killing on anyway, especially since the tooling will yield profit when they sell us the pink version, the filmation version, Storm, Arrow, Moonbeam, Sundancer, Teela's unicorn, Crystal Swift Wind, etc.), they can avoid a huge loss...

by your way of thinking, Mattel owes me new, updated FREE figures for almost every figure released so far. Capes are too stiff to sit on throwns, females need new legs and torsos, etc.

So you really think Mattel should have scraped the whole run of She-Ra because of a neck peg issue (that hasn't affected my enjoyment of my 4 She-Ras so far) and a stiff skirt?

How about looking at it this way: you're an actor, when the lead in a show is sick or a certain costume is missing or the sound system is a little off that night, do you say "hey, this show won't be the absolute best it could ever be tonight so here is everyones money back. We are going to work on things and we'll be back again in six months with the perfect show."
    Last edited by urbanmyth; February 15, 2011 at 12:13pm.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    Not only should she come with the filmation head but it should be on the figure in the package so MOC collectors have a reason to buy this one as well.
    This will happen with the 2pck but isn't only She-Ra's packing :-(
    I could buy another one, even if she is the same one but only if Mattel release with the filmation, pardon, modern head packaged!
    I don't had read all posts about NYTF but I think the 2st She-Ra don't will be included for free with Swift Wind...who said this?
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

I'm so excited, and I have so many questions!

Will the head be exactly like the non-Filmation head we alread got, just with the hole plugged in, or will She-Ra's hair be parted to the side like the original vintage figure and the mini comics depictions?

Will she be in the Filmation costume or the vintage figure costume? And regardless of either, will she get the detail sculpting on her bracelets and boots that the vintage figure had? The possibility of it being the Filmation costume, but with etchings on the belt (like Catra has) and the detailed sculpting on the bracelets and boots - combined with the extra Filmation head from the 2nd She-Ra I got - would make this the ULTIMATE She-Ra figure for me. My head is about to explode!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

2 Main Concerns....

...It's great She-Ra is being re-done but I have 2 main problems with this.

1/ She is only coming with 1 head - not the Filmation one - I have 2 She-Ra's both Filmation heads are painted very sloppy.

2/ The height - why is she being made shorter? That means Teela, Evil-Lyn, Goddess, Catra AND Adora - will all be taller - it makes no sense - I could totally understand if they made Glimmer or Sweet Bee shorter - but why the Most Powerful Woman In the Universe? -----> when her alter ego - is taller?!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    On the plus side, I won't buy a Swifty, so maybe I can score an old She-ra. I imagine there will be a flood of unwanted first released to be snatched up at fire-sale prices. So score one for us bargain hunters.
    Only if you want the minicomic (nee toy) head. Everyone'll be keeping the Filmation heads for v2...

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I could buy another one, even if she is the same one but only if Mattel release with the filmation, pardon, modern head packaged!
    You can call it a Filmation head now. TG did when he said you'd need to take it off the 2010 She-Ra since it wouldn't be included...

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I don't had read all posts about NYTF but I think the 2st She-Ra don't will be included for free with Swift Wind...who said this?
    No-one. It's wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Will the head be exactly like the non-Filmation head we alread got, just with the hole plugged in, or will She-Ra's hair be parted to the side like the original vintage figure and the mini comics depictions?
    He said it'll be sculpted directly after the original toy. Like the right-hand one here:

Heroic Warrior
    While I understand that some people are upset - its kind of like the whole Skeletor hand-issue, just on a slightly more grand scale.

More than likely, she won't look too different than what she does now (other than changes to account for the new buck). That, and she'll have an unmasked/no tiara head and an adjusted toy-inspired head that features a clippable mask and lacks the hole.

Also, it seems like the original release will still fit on swiftwind, just not as well as She-ra 2.0.

If anything the most noticeable difference will probably be whatever they do to the skirt - which will probably be cropped at an angle to allow better mobility in the legs.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i think the 1st relise was rushed

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I'm not excitend for the new She-ra, unless they give all the buyers of the first release a gift coupon of $5 in every new She-ra purchase. We were told that She-ra could ride Swiftwind dozens of times...
    And i want the new She-ra to come with the two heads. Period.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    I'm not excitend for the new She-ra, unless they give all the buyers of the first release a gift coupon of $5 in every new She-ra purchase.
    I would find it very funny if they printed or included a money-off code with one figure in such a way that you'd need to open the figure to get to it.

Just think of this release as a "legs pack"'similar to the requested heads pack. Sure its a bit pricy but you also get a other head thrown in.

Yeah I am not at all happy with this news. I shouldn't have to buy a figure again just it can sit on it's respective mount especially with the piece lacking all the pieces the original came with!
    Hey Super7 I'm looking forward to what you do for Classics and I'm awaiting these figures!

Spinwit, Gepple, Alcon, Meldoch, Krax, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Vizar, Nocturna

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

What difference does it make about being shorter...she is going to sit ON a horse...won't be able to tell she is shorter.

I don't think a second SHE-RA is right, I only go for the Vintage figs, but I have been buying the POP since they "fit in" with Masters of Universe, but when they made her, they should have been ready that "SOMEWHERE IN THE FUTURE" her horse MIGHT come along, and be sure she was ready.

Not a small oversight...I really Love what Mattel is doing with these figs...this is a mistake.

I don't even have He-Man on battle cat, Skeletor is NOT going on Panthor, so the First She-Ra is fine with me...to stand WITH her horse.

EDIT: Just read info that the FIRST SHE RA WILL sit on Swiftwind, will just not sit as well as the NEW 2.0
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; February 15, 2011 at 02:17pm. Reason: New INfo

i think everyone ordering the 2011 should be prepared to receive the 2010 she-ra as dr/matty tries to get rid their extra stock.

I think what the Horsemen are going for with the slightly shorter She-Ra is more about the new buck in the long run. One of the many complaints about the female buck was that it was taller then the males, making it look a little off. They are trying to fix this going forward by shorting the new buck. But I guess that means that Mattel owes me a free Teela, Goddess, Adora and Evil-Lyn to go along with the free She-Ra they owe me with Swift Wind to make up for the earlier tall ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeTeela View Post
    EXACTLY. I'd buy another to keep MOC if she had that head. Although I do understand them wanting to release the non-hole head, but they should do that with the Supergirl 2 pack since there (at least as far as we know) aren't any other changes.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    I think this whole She-Ra fiasco is disgraceful on Mattel and Scott Neitlich's part. I missed out the the first She-Ra because of the WSOD. Now the improved She-Ra will not have the Filmation head?! That is complete BS! A Filmation accurate She-Ra is the figure I've wanted more than any other figure in this line, and now they take away the most iconic interpretation of her? Not only should she come with her Filmation head, but it should be displayed in package for MOC collectors. I am really upset about this! So, if I want She-Ra the way she should be, I need to buy version 2.0 and either pay way too much on ebay (for a flawed figure) or pay $30 for a flawed She-Ra and a lousy Supergirl figure that I do not want! Great job Mattel! Way to screw people that want to support your line!

EVERYONE DEMAND THAT SHE-RA 2.0 COMES WITH HER ICONIC FILMATION HEAD!