View Poll Results: What's your favorite of the original three Star Wars films?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • A New Hope

4 13.33%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

12 40.00%
  • Return of the Jedi

14 46.67%
  • I don't like any of 'em.

0 0%
  • I haven't even seen any of 'em.

0 0%

Thread: What's your favorite of the original three Star Wars films?

What's your favorite of the original three Star Wars films?

I'll post a "Favorite Star Wars Prequel" poll later, after this one's been up a few weeks. =)

Hands down it's Empire for this guy. It's such a great flick. Han frozen in carbonite, Vader defeats Luke AND drops the father bomb on him. It's definitely my favorite of the original trilogy.

Josh
    Find me on Instagram: @geektasticdad

While Empire is probably the best of the series, I have more fun watching Jedi.

Return Of The Jedi for me.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Your forgot the 6th option: I can't pick just one!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: iceman51880, Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .Org Feedback Thread
    My .Org Marketplace Feedback

The Empire strikes back.......because the bad guys win!!
    My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.

I love all three films (I was born in the summer of '77 and grew up immersed in the films, toys, cartoons, etc.). How I favor 'em:

1. Empire - Beautiful, haunting movie - the only SW film that understands that less can be more, IMHO - with my favorite soundtrack of the three.
    2. A New Hope - For me, the tightest and most fun, but the simplest and least epic, of the three.
    3. RotJ - For as long as I can remember, I've thought that Luke and Leia being siblings is just a bit too much of a stretch, and an attempt to top the revelation at the end of Empire. :b

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    I almost put "All of 'em!" as an option...but then everyone would've just picked that. :b

I had to vote for 'Return of the Jedi' because of how big of a deal it was to me as a kid. I remember so much anticipation and excitement for that movie. I played with so many of the toys and to me there were so many memorable characters like Jabba, the Rancor, Admiral Ackbar, & the Sarlaac. I have so many great memories of me & my best friend building our own Sarlaac pit & freezing my Han Solo (or other figures depending on the scenario we created) in a little plastic tub of water in the freezer (It's funny to think of now how my mom would react when she'd open the freezer and find one of my action figures frozen in a block of ice )

When I was a kid, Empire was just too dark & depressing & it didn't have the same effect on me that Jedi did. As and adult I appreciate Empire much more, but it can't replace the nostalgia factor that Jedi has for me.
    The Portal to the Terrible Dimension of Despondos
    "Either a certified genius or an authentic whacko"

RATTLOR FOR MOTUC!

Expendable Vintage Cherry Picker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    While Empire is probably the best of the series, I have more fun watching Jedi.

Return Of The Jedi for me.
    Same here.

I loved all the cool characters seen in Jabba's Palace and the great battle scene on the barges over Sarlaac. Also one of my favorite scenes of the entire trilogy is when we finally see Luke as a full-blown Jedi Knight in his black cloak.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Same here.

I loved all the cool characters seen in Jabba's Palace and the great battle scene on the barges over Sarlaac. Also one of my favorite scenes of the entire trilogy is when we finally see Luke as a full-blown Jedi Knight in his black cloak.
    Exactly! The child in me loves all the creatures in it(even the Ewoks), but I still get chills as an adult when Luke first enters Jabba's palace in his cloak or is flipping through the air during his battles on Jabba's skiff or with Darth Vader & The Emperor.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by rocklord74 View Post
    The Empire strikes back.......because the bad guys win!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Empire. Everyone was excited from the first firm and wanted a sequel to evolve the story and then they leave it as a cliffhanger. More modern day movies should do this!
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Voted Jedi cause it's got my favorite
    hero - Yoda
    villian - Jabba
    vehicle - AT-AT

Empire- very close second.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

This...

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    MOTU Origins Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Anti-Eternia Characters, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy
    Hermione's Toy Box on Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8C...xlwUttPSJAUZMA

Return of the Jedi for me.

I was born in '77. I caught Star Wars on TV. ESB took a while to hit TV so the only way I knew about the events of ESB was through those book and record sets. But I got to see ROTJ in the theaters. It was probably one of the first 5 movies I ever saw in the theaters. So that movie made a big impression on me. ROTJ is the only one of the original movies where I just can't bare to watch the Special Edition version.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Gotta go with ROTJ. While all three movies are awesome ROTJ was the first time we actually got to see the Emperor for more than just a glimpse. He was sinister and dark and he was my favorite evil character from that moment on. Even though he is defeated my favorite words from him and the way he says it are... "Young fool, only now at the end do you understand..... Your feeble skills are no match for the dark side. You have paid the price for your lack of vision. Now young Skywalker, you will die." those simple lines were filled with such certainty and darkness that if it wasn't for Vader than it would have been a wrap for Luke and the rest of the galaxy.
    "I was born in the 70s, and I'm a child of the 80s."

I'm gonna go with The Empire Strikes Back, the Hoth Battle Scene is awesome. And the iconic words from Darth Vader; "I am your father". Gives me chills everytime I watch it.

Haven't seen any of these three in a long time although thinking back as a kid, i'm voting for ROTJ. I always seemed to remember enjoying this one the most.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    ESB, no contest.

All the cool **** happens in ESB.

Return of the Jedi,.... always has been.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!