Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyguru confirms 2012 sub exclusive will not be He-Man variant. Any guesses?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think a precedent was set with the Preternia He-Man exclusive, what with him coming with so much new stuff. Are we ready as a community to take a giant step back to mere color variants?
    We're definitely passed "repaint only". We're paying $20.00 for the figure, so Mattel could, theoretically, offer a completely new sculpted figure for the bonus... As long as the tooling can be reused on another figure later, they wouldn't be losing a dime.

However, Preternia He-Man still only comes with 4 new parts. He's still a standard repaint of the human buck. A new head, armor, and weapons doesn't come close to tooling new arms, new legs, *and*those other parts. I still don't think we'll get a 100% new sculpt figure.

I can honestly see Kamo Khan being offered up next year, before we see the regular version. The tooling will all be reused on the regular release, so we'd be getting a pre-paint complete repaint.

Now that I think about it, it could be that astronaut thingy in castle grey skull.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not sure where the assumptions are coming from... I beleive the only things ever said about the sub-exclusives.. were that they were bonuses for the people who paid... but not integral to the collections...

There are a lot of assumptions about re-paints, and who was released first and what not...

We know the line was planned out for 5 more years... we know the order of the figures is based on their bios. I don't remember anyone saying that the sub figure didn't have any tooling dollars set aside for it... All we know is that it won't be a he-man... and that it should help the subscription service...

That said, I don't see Disco Skeletor getting shot. Considering how many people blamed him for the fall of 200x it would actually be DETRIMENTAL to sales if you told people ahead of time that they were paying for a Disco skeletor.

I think he'll be a TRU figure or a bonus varient... but he WON'T be what drives the subscription drive...

Honestly when I think characters that aren't needed... but some fans would LOVE... I think a 200x varient. I also think Sorceress. I will be VERY shocked if 2012 doesn't give us SOME sorceress news... "I" want the filmation version... and with their vintage slant on everythign, I fully expect that to be the main one released... but I could easily see a 200x version as the incentive.

Of course I think Battlefield Teela would probably have been a good canidate for that..

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I think a precedent was set with the Preternia He-Man exclusive, what with him coming with so much new stuff. Are we ready as a community to take a giant step back to mere color variants?
    This is exactly what I was thinking. TG has already stated in a response to my question in the Q&A's and on Matty Collector that bonus/variants will receive as much tooling as a monthly release. Secondly Lodar is perfect for a sub exclusive as he will most likely have new tooling for his head and mace. The armor will probably be a slightly retooled Tri-Klops armor. Orgers saying they want Lodar does not speak for every single He-Man fan, who probably only know Filmation and MYP. He is really obscure and only die-hard vintage/or now-adult kids who had the original mini-comic would really know who he is. Perfect sub exclusive as he would not make or break a collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I suppose it is possible, but I don't think it would be a smart decision to put a popular character like Lodar or Eldor as a subscription exclusive. It would irk the nonsubscribers. Even though they made Wun-Dar a different character than He-Man, he was just a He-Man variant.
    yeah but the idea is to entice more people to sign up for the sub. a unique figure that is highly wanted would def entice people.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I'm going with horde apprentice skeletor. It's not a he man variant. I just wonder if they do make him how they will plug him into the story. Cause wasn't he actually keldor when he studied under hordak in the new story?
    bnl4life

Lodar or Gray (Ro)!
    My Feedback

God save the Queen Zhal!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Songster would be really cool.
    Isn't it supposed to be an incentive.

And other people mentioning Strobo? I am SO glad that they can't make him.

Everyone's talking about Disco Skeletor, but wouldn't Blood Skeletor be better?

- Wind Raider Pilot
    - Mini Comic green Tap Jaw
    - Comic Skeletor (with the hood from Preternia He-Man, boots..)
    - Ghost of Castle Grayskull (King Grayskull transculent)

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I'd guess it would be a variant of a different character. Sub exclusives shouldn't be unique characters.

Maybe, someone like Kamo Khan.
    Im with you. Kamo Khan, the lost brother of Kobra Khan...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

To resume and to add what I hope....

As we know it's not He-Man, it will be not:

Slime Pit He-Man
    Oo-Larr
    Snake Armor He-Man

But it could be:

Lodar
    Skeletor Apprentice
    Geldor
    Gwildor
    Kobra Khan Camuflado (even if it could be a nice SDDC EXCLU !)
    Gray (He-Ro secret Identity)
    Queen Marlena ( I see her like a bonus... sorry for the fans of the Mom )
    Garn
    Illumina
    Snake Teela
    Eldor (I hope he will be a SDCC Exclu. in order to have a nice Book of Spells - shouldn't be a club exclusive but a regular one)
    WindRaider Pilot
    Horde Supreme/Prime
    A variant of She-ra
    A variant of Hordak

No right for strobo and so on....

Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    I'm going with horde apprentice skeletor. It's not a he man variant. I just wonder if they do make him how they will plug him into the story. Cause wasn't he actually keldor when he studied under hordak in the new story?
    Do you mean the Skeletor from the Tomart's article? The one with red armor, in which is a purple Horde bat and a Skeletor face?

I was thinking that it could be that Skeletor design, and they can make him Horde-Armor Skeletor, perhaps after he has destroyed Hordak.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    I'm guessing Eldor w/ Preternia map. Mattel wants incentive for subscribers and since many people like and many people dislike him I figured he is a good choice.
    If not him, Demo-Man; however, Horde Apprentice Skeletor makes a lot of since and is an excellent choice....
    Last edited by Zargon; February 28, 2011 at 12:16pm.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Do you mean the Skeletor from the Tomart's article? The one with red armor, in which is a purple Horde bat and a Skeletor face?

I was thinking that it could be that Skeletor design, and they can make him Horde-Armor Skeletor, perhaps after he has destroyed Hordak.
    Yeah either that one or the one from the secret of the sword when skeletor kidnapped adora.
    bnl4life

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Horde Apprentice Skeletor sounds awesome.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Probably be worthwhile to post a picture of Horde Apprentice Skeletor with the way this thread's going, huh?

Unless they sprang for a new head, it's basically BA Skeletor with a new armour variant.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Probably be worthwhile to post a picture of Horde Apprentice Skeletor with the way this thread's going, huh?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=12301

Unless they sprang for a new head, it's basically BA Skeletor with a new armour variant.
    Or a Horde Trooper with a Skeletor head swapped in.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I'd like to see King Randor variant. I mean before King Randor became a king....

I think the Wind Raider Pilot (though I'd hope he'd come with the Wind Raider - it'll be an easy purchase to pass on vehicles if they don't come with figures) or Gray are great ideas.

I think another possibility could be human-form Sharella - if they base her on the archer woman from the Megator box art. They could use a lot of parts from Battleground Teela.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Now that we've seen Teela with her hair down, I'm hoping we'll get this version of Teela for the exclusive
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Now that we've seen Teela with her hair down, I'm hoping we'll get this version of Teela for the exclusive
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=12303
    Basic as that is (it's essentially an Adora repaint with BGT head, arms & boots), I don't see another Teela variant coming so soon after BGT.

[Plus, at what point does a variant stop looking like a character? BGT crossed that line for a lot of people, and this would be a step further]

I'd like to see another obscure comic character be it. NO MORE VARIANTS! Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=12301

Yep
    Johan Eggink aka Eterniandreams

[email protected]

My Top Guesses:

-Wind Raider Pilot
    -Castle Grayskull Spacesuit/Armor/Robot
    -Spirit of Castle Grayskull (green transluscent/GITD King Grayskull) (with stand for orb!)
    -Gray (Secret Identity of He-Ro)
    -Fearless Photog (Perhaps they'll surprise us with having secured the rights?)
    -Starburst She-Ra
    -Kamo Khan
    -Snake MAA (I hope we get Snake versions of all three requisite heroes.)
    -Hssss' Slave Girl
    -Bumblor
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

My guesses:

Argentina Kobra Kahn