Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Teela and The Secret Liquid of Life!

Teela and The Secret Liquid of Life!

I know were just getting BG Teela so try not to hate on another varient, but I'd really like to get a Teela similar to her mini-comic appearance in The Secret Liquid of Life!
    sllteela7 copy.jpg
    Last edited by danielsan52; March 13, 2014 at 02:47am.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    As I said when you brought this up in the 2012 sub figure thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Now that we've seen Teela with her hair down, I'm hoping we'll get this version of Teela for the exclusive
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=12303
    Basic as that is (it's essentially an Adora repaint with BGT head, arms & boots), I don't see another Teela variant coming so soon after BGT.

[Plus, at what point does a variant stop looking like a character? BGT crossed that line for a lot of people, and this would be a step further]
    And, yeah, you've now proven that it is indeed essentially an Adora repaint with that digibash (which even uses Adora's hair), but the points about "so soon after BGT" and "does that really say Teela to anyone" still stand...

As I said when you brought this up in the 2012 sub figure thread:

And, yeah, you've now proven that it is indeed essentially an Adora repaint with that digibash (which even uses Adora's hair), but the points about "so soon after BGT" and "does that really say Teela to anyone" still stand...
    I hear what you're saying, but i don't quite get the point. To me the same could hold true for Keldor/Skeletor, or 200X Sorceress. For me it's another mini-comic figure which I hope to get many of in this line. Oh and I just used Adora as an example, I'd rather see [minimal]new tooling if they actually made this.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Do Not Want.

I don't think the same holds true for Keldor/Skeletor. Keldor is a pre-origin version of the character, like Harvey Dent before becoming Two Face. This is just a change of wardrobe. 200X Sorceress can at least be explained as battle armor, while this, like BG Teela, is a strange variant to explain in canon. Why change of hair color? Is Teela a mistress of disguise now? What good is this appearance/costume over her old one? Context would be good, but the original didn't have an special reason for wearing that outfit. The BG Teela bio might actually work to explain her changing appearance though, and if it does then there may be no "too soon" for Teela costume variants.

I personally still don't see a problem with these appearances being called new characters, but I don't feel that way about 200X variants, so I guess I have a double standard.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Those colors look kinda ugly for Teela. Looks like a random, generic superhero girl outta Marvel or something.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Sure, why not! Perhaps this is someone else's Battleground Teela.

I wonder if Mattel is going to bother to explain why some non-magical characters (Teela, Queen Marlena) can have different hair colors. Whereas some fans would question it, other fans would like an explanation.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 1, 2011 at 05:00pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

No thank you. I only want 1 other Teela variant during the course of this line and that's a NA variant.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Doesn't look that bad there I guess. I think I prefer the pink one from the mini comics though.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    No thank you. I only want 1 other Teela variant during the course of this line and that's a NA variant.
    NA cartoon is off-limits.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Yeah, I have to say 'do not want' as well...; there's just so many other variants I'd want before this.
    Artist, illustration and comic books. Happiest when creating. Geeky husband and father.

I know that version is off limits, still doesn't mean that I can't want her as much as people want a Shadow Weaver.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Doesn't look that bad there I guess. I think I prefer the pink one from the mini comics though.

Breast Cancer Teela.

Huh? Ram Man is flying...

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) Azdar Belzar Chazdar 200X Evil-Lyn 200X Teenage Prince Adam 200X Teenage Teela 200X Sorceress General Rattlor (MYP) 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena Ice Armor He-Man WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You know, I'm just looking at that, and - as screwed-up as the colouring is - that's the Filmation Teela character model, isn't it?

Heroic Warrior
    If they release that Teela after 2017, I'm all in for it. Otherwise, no.

I would have preferred this over the Teela variant we're getting, but I'm not eager to get either of them(I'm not a big fan of the color yellow). At least this one doesn't seem to me to be out of character for Teela. I'm not sure if there is a Teela variant I'd even want. The only other 2 that I can think of that aren't just repaints or her with longer hair are the one from the 1987 movie(off limits but kinda bland anyways) and the one from the NA cartoon(off limits as well but looks more like a POP guest star than Teela).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    (I'm not a big fan of the color yellow).
    Green Lantern!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 1, 2011 at 07:36pm.

The Blonde Teela Thread

I'd like to see it eventually, but not for quite awhile. I would love to see a Sorceress/Teela Breast Cancer Awareness 2-Pack with their pink mini-comic looks, though, ASAP!

I'm pretty keen on variants of main characters though. I cannot wait to see a MOTUC Jungle Attack He-Man someday!!!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

As the Secret Liquid is my favourite mini, I gotta be in favour of this!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Is that Teela or April O'Neil?

We have one variant Teela that looks nothing like Teela. That's enough.

The pink Teela (unofficially titled 'breast cancer awareness Teela') for a TRU 2-pack I could handle, but that's because it actually looks like Teela.

IN MY CANON this Teela doesn't exist

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    We have one variant Teela that looks nothing like Teela. That's enough.
    That's strange, she looks exactly like Teela to me. Let me check...yep, that's Teela's face, her blonde hair, and the outfit she wore in DC comics. Can't wait until she's on my shelf.

I'd buy this liquid of life version too, I'm sure they could make it look pretty good. Seems like an easy re-use of parts.

You know, I'm just looking at that, and - as screwed-up as the colouring is - that's the Filmation Teela character model, isn't it?
    Oh...Oh..my.

And, technically, the Marlena-can-have-her-green-dress argument should hold true for this outfit as well.
    Aarons Top 10 (In Order):
    Starburst She-Ra, Hunga the Harpy, The Twiggets, Stridor, Catras Cat Form, Kay-La, Skeleteen, Mini Comics Garn, Spinwit, FILMation King Miro

@danielsan52

Nice Paintjob!

jes i like this Comic Version too and use Adora is a nice Idea!
    but i think cut the shoulderpart like "B" is better, as "A"!!!
    Last edited by He-Ro; March 1, 2011 at 10:46pm.
    MOTUC Figures should have detaching Arms (Example Trap-Jaw) and Upperbody should be not one with the legs (King Hiss) for mixing Parts!!!
    --- We need more custom Figures! ---

...if you are He-Ro - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

I just have to say that there are quite a few characters in the SLOL mini that would be great MOTUC figures!
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy