Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teela and The Secret Liquid of Life!

per suggestion the main pic is edited
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    per suggestion the main pic is edited
    She's either grown on me since I saw her earlier today or your changes to her did the trick. Other than wishing her hair was red, I'd definitely be down for her. She looks like she's out of a sci-fi movie or TV show from the 70's or 80's.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    She's either grown on me since I saw her earlier today or your changes to her did the trick. Other than wishing her hair was red, I'd definitely be down for her. She looks like she's out of a sci-fi movie or TV show from the 70's or 80's.
    Yeah Dale Arden from Flash Gordon. No thanks. I don't want to pay extra for variants just for the sake of having them. Now if they released them with a purpose and cool bio, maybe I will bite, but I don't need a dozen different Teela's that are the same person with no story behind her.

Now Ice Armor He-man etc. Has already been explained, his sword taps into a certain power granting him all these cool armors. But this is not a barbie line, I don't want slots wasted on dress up Teela day, dyed her hair a different color day.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I just have to say that there are quite a few characters in the SLOL mini that would be great MOTUC figures!
    Totally agree with everything said here.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't Teela's hair in this minicomic the same colour as her figure, just, you know, let down? You know what, if she want's to change her clothes and let her hair down, why the heck not?!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

i think the hair is a little darker better (but not so much like before)
    MOTUC Figures should have detaching Arms (Example Trap-Jaw) and Upperbody should be not one with the legs (King Hiss) for mixing Parts!!!
    --- We need more custom Figures! ---

...if you are He-Ro² - Son of He-Man and MOTU Fan join the SoH Group

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    IN MY CANON this Teela doesn't exist
    mine too.
    how on earth could the illustrator not know what teela looked like?
    i would rather have the other characters in SLOL
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    mine too.
    how on earth could the illustrator not know what teela looked like?
    i would rather have the other characters in SLOL
    They didn't know what ZODAC looked like. That's why LODAR was created. He's supposed to be Zodac!

This was covered in Roast Gooble Dinner when they spoke to Lee Nordling, the editor of this minis. Mattel didn't talk to illustrators back then. That's why we got so many variations of early characters back then--one hand wasn't aware of what the other hand was doing.

Damn near every character except for He-Man and Skeletor have variants in different looks and colors. Around 1984, the characters started becoming consistent across the board.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    They didn't know what ZODAC looked like. That's why LODAR was created. He's supposed to be Zodac!
    It sounded to me like "Lodar" was created independently from Zodac. They didn't even know about the Zodac figure when they named their character in the mini comic. My impression also is that he was called "ZODAK" because they manually changed the name to "LODAR"--something a lot easier to do if that was a K and not a C at the end of the name.

And I agree, they didn't have great communication. You can see them using the Filmation models to get uniform looks after a while. Skeletor is obviously based on his Filmation design in some comics, and Teela and the Sorceress both appear with Filmation designs but wrong colors (pink and white).
    Last edited by gbagok; March 2, 2011 at 05:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I'd like to see it eventually, but not for quite awhile. I would love to see a Sorceress/Teela Breast Cancer Awareness 2-Pack with their pink mini-comic looks, though, ASAP!

I'm pretty keen on variants of main characters though. I cannot wait to see a MOTUC Jungle Attack He-Man someday!!!
    I am certainly on the same page as Uki. While I wouldn't be upset if SLOL Teela never made it to plastic, this is a very legitimate variant.

The pink Sorceress/Teela 2 pak is something I definitely want to see!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I am certainly on the same page as Uki. While I wouldn't be upset if SLOL Teela never made it to plastic, this is a very legitimate variant.
    I have faith that The 4H could do wonders with this version of Teela. They haven't let me down yet.
    Danielsan52

The B-52's

If MATTEL can ever come up with a different and improved crotch for the females, then I'm totally down for this version of TEELA. I want to see a 'panty bottom' crotch piece rather than the 'skirt bottom'.
    Odd Man Out

In which comics does TEELA wear her pink outfit? I kind of like that look; it reminds me of her NA outfit.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    In which comics does TEELA wear her pink outfit? I kind of like that look; it reminds me of her NA outfit.
    "Temple of Darkness" and "Stench of Evil" are the two I can remember offhand.

SORCERESS is pink in Stench of Evil, but TEELA is in her normal colors in that one. TEELA is pink in Temple of Darkness as well as Double-Edged Sword. Anyone know any others?
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

No Red Beast, We Riot! Whiplash7's Avatar
    I'm still down for this version of Teela. It would be a good way to get the red-hair-down version of her head as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    SORCERESS is pink in Stench of Evil, but TEELA is in her normal colors in that one. TEELA is pink in Temple of Darkness as well as Double-Edged Sword. Anyone know any others?
    I think these are the only two.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I like SLOL Teela better than BG Teela, but do not want either one. I could see buying the pink Teela, but I am happy with regular Teela. That is the only one I really need.
    yeaaaahh ..... but then that happened...

THESE TRADERS HAVE THE POWER !!! - Thanks guys!

Glad to see this thread got bumped. Here is Gbagok's version of Teela from SLOL and the Fan Fic:
    Iceman and Gbagok Present: The Slave City

Danielsan52

The B-52's

Vote for this Teela !!!
    sllteela7 copy.jpg
    Danielsan52

The B-52's

Heroic Warrior
    Can there ever be too many versions of Teela? I, for one would be happy with a Teela for every He-man variant. Maybe I'm crazy, but I have this condition called "Teelarexia" and I can literally not have too many Teelas in my collection. Just please,paint the face instead of casting it in flesh-toned plastic. One cannot stress this enough.

If I had my way, all the Teelas would be filing it out at the last week of the fan polls. Don't be hatin'!
    Last edited by True Form; April 11, 2014 at 01:56am. Reason: Typo/ finishing thought chain
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    Can there ever be too many versions of Teela? I, for one would be happy with a Teela for every He-man variant. Maybe I'm crazy, but I have this condition called "Teelarexia" and I can literally not have too many Teelas in my collection. Just please,paint the face instead of casting it in flesh-toned plastic. One cannot stress this enough.

If I had my way, all the Teelas would be filing it out at the last week of the fan polls. Don't be hatin'!
    I think after BG Teela.. Any other Teelas better LOOK like Teela. You MAY get away with the pink Teela in classic costume or a Filmation version or 200x... but Random redhead/blonde with Teela's name... but nothing else? I think there would be riots.

That PlanetEternia.de guy Sir Reilly's Avatar
    I would buy her, solely because I have a strong nostalgic connection to that minicomic and would like to have every single character from it.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post

LOL! I'm a big Teela fan too!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think after BG Teela.. Any other Teelas better LOOK like Teela. You MAY get away with the pink Teela in classic costume or a Filmation version or 200x... but Random redhead/blonde with Teela's name... but nothing else? I think there would be riots.
    I think that the redhead Teela fans should accept that Teela has multiple looks. They might prefer Teela with red hair, but she can be blonde occasionally. That's like fans still being angry that Spider-Man had a black costume for a few years or that the Hulk was gray for awhile. Or that He-Man can be running around in any outfit other than his original costume.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Pretty much, I agree but I think that where Battleground Teela failed was the face. If you compare the original Teela to BG, the beauty is lost in the molded plastic. If BG Teela were to have the painted face, she would have been much more warmly welcomed IMHO. That being said, if SEOL Teela were to look more like the original in the face, I think she could potentially be a stunning figure with numerous head swap applications. You don't like the blonde BG Teela? Head swap with SEOL Teela. You don't want her hair up and in the tiara? That's cool; swap her head out again with SEOL Teela! I'm all over the idea of it and there is a snowball chance in Hades of her even happening. Agreed, the repainted "classic" outfit, 200X MYP and maybe even Snake Teela may sell better, but one may still dream right? Compare left to right. Left still looks like Teela. Also, thank you for championing BG Teela, MegaGearMax. I've always wanted her. Teela is my favorite Master.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by True Form; April 11, 2014 at 08:21am. Reason: Freaking typos.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I know were just getting BG Teela so try not to hate on another varient, but I'd really like to get a Teela similar to her mini-comic appearance in The Secret Liquid of Life!
    Attachment 93983
    Looks like a great figure.
    ALAS, POOR CLASSICS....

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM