Thread: Cam Clarke as Adam and He-Man

Cam Clarke as Adam and He-Man

Funny how Leonardo, Prince Milo and Keneda was the voice for Adam and He-Man isn't it? i guess he was right for the part of the characters.

Heroic Warrior
    I agree, I thought Rocksteady did a good job

There was even the "New Adventures" He-Man/Transformers Armada Optimus Prime speaking for Man-At-Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger78 View Post
    I agree, I thought Rocksteady did a good job

There was even the "New Adventures" He-Man/Transformers Armada Optimus Prime speaking for Man-At-Arms.
    I believe his name was Gary Chalk. He has also appeared in tv and movies. Most notably as the sheriff in Freddy vs Jason.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Hated his He-Man. Thought his Adam was pretty good, though for a while it was hard not to hear Leonardo, Funny that I preferred his King Grayskull to his He-Man. essentially the same voice.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Funny that I preferred his King Grayskull to his He-Man. essentially the same voice.
    I wish they'd got John Erwin to do King Grayskull, to be honest. It would have been a nice touch to have the He-Man VA of a previous generation do the ancestor of the then-current He-Man.

I thought he did a great job IMO.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I wish they'd got John Erwin to do King Grayskull, to be honest. It would have been a nice touch to have the He-Man VA of a previous generation do the ancestor of the then-current He-Man.
    That would have been the most awesome thing ever.

Kinda like with new Thundercats -cartoon, they got original Lion-O voice Larry Kenney to do the voice of new show's Lion-O's father.

Cam always sounds like a surfer dude at times notice that?

Who also thought he was awesome as Keneda in the 1989 dub of "Akira" besides Leonardo? he was terrific and i own the criterion laserdisc of Akira that has the original dub while i still do enjoy the remastered new dub on both 2-Disc DVD and Blu-Ray. When i first saw Akira at age 14 on video and heard Keneda's voice i was like "Holy hell, that is Leonardo".

He was also the original dub voice for Asbel in the US "Warriors of the Wind" cut from 1985 of Nausicaa and he did a decent job.

He's a good voice actor but I almost wish they went with someone else. I know I wasn't the only one who had a, "Hey, that's Leonardo!" moment with him as PA/HM. The problem is with a show such as what they went with, appealing to the older fanbase, too...the older fanbase almost as a majority watched TMNT. We would know what Leonardo sounded like in an instant.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    That would have been the most awesome thing ever.

Kinda like with new Thundercats -cartoon, they got original Lion-O voice Larry Kenney to do the voice of new show's Lion-O's father.
    It's really not especially uncommon for a rebooted series to take the opportunity for that sort of "passing the torch" moment - hell, Kevin Conroy has been on both ends of that sort of homage! (playing as Batman opposite Adam West, as an actor who played a character that inspired the young Bruce, in Batman: TAS: "Beware the Grey Ghost"; and as an alternate Batman in Batman: Brave & the Bold). That's why I find it disappointing that they didn't take the chance on that occasion.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    It's really not especially uncommon for a rebooted series to take the opportunity for that sort of "passing the torch" moment... That's why I find it disappointing that they didn't take the chance on that occasion.
    From what we've heard, John Erwin has stayed away from doing MOTU related stuff. Though he managed to make an appearance in Family Guy episode (as Prince Adam). Some say it's an money-issue, but you never know...

And i also liked how Skeletor sounded just like Alan's voice a little bit. I agree that Cam sounded bad as He-Man but good as Adam.

When I heard his voice, I thought of his role as Max Sterling from Robotech.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I believe his name was Gary Chalk. He has also appeared in tv and movies. Most notably as the sheriff in Freddy vs Jason.
    I'm sorry, I think you mean "Most notably as Dum-Dum Duggan in Nick Fury: Agent Of Shield, starring David Hasselhoff."

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Who also thought he was awesome as Keneda in the 1989 dub of "Akira" besides Leonardo?
    I saw that when I was about 20 and ALL I could think was "Oh my God, Leonardo, most noble leader of the Turtles, is cursing up a storm!!!"
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; March 23, 2011 at 08:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    he also did stargate Atlantis

Heroic Warrior
    Cam Clark also provided the voice for Thor in the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance video. What makes it funny is when you hear Cam, as Thor, utter "By the Power of Asgard!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm sorry, I think you mean "Most notably as Dum-Dum Duggan in Nick Fury: Agent Of Shield, starring David Hasselhoff."
    LOL! Well I never saw that specifically because it had "The Hoff" in it.

Freddy vs Jason has been the biggest film I've seen him in. Wasn't "Nick Fury" a made for tv movie? I think he was in an episode of Supernatural too.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post

I saw that when I was about 20 and ALL I could think was "Oh my God, Leonardo, most noble leader of the Turtles, is cursing up a storm!!!"
    I know i thought a similar thing when i saw Akira at age 14.

And he was also in the 1985 dub of Nausicaa called Warriors of the Wind and the voice of Jen in the Dark Crystal readalong book,
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.