Thread: Where is the New Script?

Where is the New Script?

On April 07, 2010 the new writers were announced. It is nearly April 2011, and we still have not heard anything about the new script. How long should this writing process take?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    On April 07, 2010 the new writers were announced. It is nearly April 2011, and we still have not heard anything about the new script. How long should this writing process take?
    I think this was the last update on the script:

http://he-man.org:81/forums/boards/s...d.php?t=193438

After seeing Predators, I was kinda hoping Mattel/Sony "went in a different direction".
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mick.Jeep View Post
    It isn't the writing process.
    It's all about deals with the studio, legalities, etc.
    I'm surprised people are stull holding their breath on a project that is most likely dead for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'm surprised people are stull holding their breath on a project that is most likely dead for the time being.
    then what is the reason to keep this new movie forum?

maybe it should be closed until a specific news about the movie justifies this forum, otherwise this forum will not make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Just because we don’t hear about things on film projects for a long time, doesn’t mean they’re dead. I’ve been following many films that literally take years to fully materialise, going from different studios and producers and the like. Either way, we’ll hear something official, sooner or later. This week alone we’ve had two official announcements declaring that the Dune and World War Z projects are dead in the water. When Fox and WB dropped He-Man, we heard about it officially. I presume we’ll hear the same if Sony drop it. There’s nothing wrong with holding your breath for something that’s pretty likely to occur one day……...I hope.

Also, there was an article on Deadline.com in November talking about one of the writers, Alex Litvak, getting another gig. In that article it was stated that he and his colleague were still currently writing the MOTU script. So at least we know that, as of November, it was still in some sort of development, albeit incredibly early.

Movie mayhem!
    I am sure Conan and the new Tcats will ahve an effect on things as well
    Check out my MOTU Spin off comic here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...62#post3784962