Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What's your latest She-Ra Score?

Zentron, I'd love to see your cell collection but it seems like most of the posts in this thread that featured pictures aren't working anymore. Consider maybe uploading the images to a new place

I just love the vintage packaging artwork. True, it wasn't faithful to the Filmation show, but the use of color and scale and perspective was really awesome. It just all looked so magical and exciting.

I'd love to post pics of them again, though annoyingly my additional HDD where the pictures were stored, stopped communicating with my computer, so would have to scan them all again, but I have no scanner at present.

However, I am planning YouTube videos in which I show off a display file per video. I'm currently just sorting out each file and checking the episodes where each of the cels came from.

Just arrived this morning:

20200514_115557.jpg

Also, I just won She-Ra comic issues 10 and 12! I put in an offer for both last night and they were both accepted!
    Last edited by Zentron; May 14, 2020 at 07:02am.
    Demand quality.

Nice! Are these comics available to read online somewhere? I have to admit, I got a bit of a laugh out of the super generic title "Adventure on Etheria". Because her adventures happen somewhere else?

I can't seem to find them here, which is weird, but I'm sure there's somewhere online that must have them!

- - - Updated - - -

Issue 10 and 12 finally arrived today, which means I only have 5 more to collect!

*Will post pics later*
    Demand quality.

Looking forward to it!

A little later than I intended, here's my score of two UK She-Ra comics... I feel a little weird saying it like that, as I am from the UK, but what the heck:

100577760_2655958698020239_4049895044751032320_n.jpg 100088964_2655958761353566_7667336571271512064_n.jpg
    Demand quality.

Nice score!

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Now I just need to search for the final 5 I'm missing... I'm also bidding on another two, but I already have them so they're just going to be my spares!
    Demand quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Now I just need to search for the final 5 I'm missing... I'm also bidding on another two, but I already have them so they're just going to be my spares!
    It is always nice to have a fragile vintage book, comics, magazine in hand... instant time travel to good old days.

Well I managed to win them both, total of just 6.22 ($7.68) for the pair, including postage! Issues 1 and 5 btw, pics to follow once they arrive, then hopefully I can find the ones that I am missing!
    Demand quality.

That is a bargain find.. Congrats!

I was quite lucky with the first one, someone tried sniping it.... I was better at it The first one I won for 2.24 ($2.77), with the second one being won at just 1 ($1.24), with 2.98 ($3.68) for the postage (lol, the postage is more than the total of the two comics combined). So it just goes to show, these peeps charging 14.95 ($18.46) upwards are just shooting themselves in the foot, as they have their listings up for ages, sometimes years with no sales... and they wonder why! I know our UK She-Ra comics are as rare as rooster teeth, but clearly their actual worth is a lot lot lot less than what these folks are charging, only the auctions starting from low prices have a chance of selling.
    Demand quality.

Finally got a Scratchin' Sound Catra! It's new on card but the card is pretty beat up, so I might open her up.

I got the Princess of Power box collection volume 1. The reason why was that I wanted to read the POP series bible, as I'm interested in the lore behind Eternia and Etheria. It was worth it
    How do you like that, hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    I can't seem to find them here, which is weird, but I'm sure there's somewhere online that must have them!
    All are available in the He-Man.org archives:
    https://www.he-man.org/publishing/su...id=23&subid=72

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    All are available in the He-Man.org archives:
    https://www.he-man.org/publishing/su...id=23&subid=72
    Ah that's why I couldn't find them, I was looking in the comic section!
    Demand quality.

I still need to get the following figures:

Mermista
    Flutterina
    Spinnerella
    Entrapta
    The Star Sisters (Starla, Jewelstar & Tallstar + Glory Bird)
    Swift Wind
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Another score for me, this time I managed to snag the Golden Book, Princess of Power: Everything But Happiness, all for just 3.18 ($4.05), rather than the $27.56 it would have cost me if I bought the one currently sat in my eBay watch list, so I'm very happy about that!
    Demand quality.

Widget
    I just picked up the Classics She-Ra and Bubble Power She-Ra to make the ultimate one that I see people doing in reviews. I really like it. Stuck the Bubble Power harness and a Teela helmet/snake cowl head onto the extra She-Ra body just to make use of that Teela head.