Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hsss "Sold Out" ??!!

Hsss "Sold Out" ??!!

I don't believe them. I was just about to buy two more (to customize one with more snakes) and they've taken him down. I don't believe that he and Marzo have sold out. I can't see them having a big last minute surge of sales for both of them to be sold out without having the “Almost Gone” notification appear.

Toy Guru, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Same thing happens every month. They have a set date in which they pull whatevers left after a certain time period and then simply post the new stuff.

Yeah, I noticed that. I don't get it. Especially considering that the stands aren't being taken down.

I think the stands will remain untill sold out like the ones for the DC figures. As for the pull, I dont get why they would bring a new batch (most likely a bigger batch) if it was only going to be sold for 4 days.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't really understand why DR/Mattel always takes items down? Is it just "logistically" not possible to continue to sell items altogether? Seems most online stores don't have this problem?

Hssss sold out guys. Plain and simple as that. We keep a small amount for customer service and returns. If this lot is not claimed we put it up for sale during a reissue or some other sale.

There was PLENTY of time to buy both HSSS (considering there were 2 release dates) and MARZO.

sold out?, I don't believe that, of course mattel won't admit it, they pulled the figure out, simple as that.

I think the conspiracy theories might be getting the better of some people. Why wouldn't you think Hsss would sell out in three days. Almost every MOTUC figures has. The amount of people on this site that have said they are boycotting Hsss and not buying at least the same number of him that they do of other figures has been tiny. Plus a decent number of people have bought extras of Hsss so they can add snakes to the torso of their first Hssss. So far the only evidence anyone has given that they've pulled him is that he never showed as "Almost Gone" on Matty. Well, we all know how well that site works updating things and the "Almost Gone" meter hasn't seemed very scientific in the past. Plus he sold out on the weekend Califorinia time (or Monday morning before work started) so if this is something that has to be added to the Matty site manually, there is a good chance no one was around to do it.
    Last edited by urbanmyth; April 5, 2011 at 01:17am.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I'm not buying it. They always come up "Almost Gone" together or "Sold Out" together when there is more than one figure. There would be no conspiracy if the truth were told.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I think the conspiracy theories might be getting the better of some people.
    I agree. And that happens way too much around here for my tastes. He's a truly impressive figure and I'm surprised he lasted this long. And because I know people will say this, yes, of course we should get figures without mistakes, but as far as I'm concerned the reversed shoulders do not take away from the extreme awesomeness of this figure in the least.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, yes, and some people still think the United States had a hand in the 9/11 attacks in regards to how the towers fell. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you, but it also doesn't mean there's a conspiracy every time you think there is.

The shipment was split into two. The first, likely had the available figures after the subs were filled. The second, the rest of the shipment. Just because people here were complaining about the reverse shoulders DOESN'T mean that they bothered everyone outside of this site as much as it seemed to people here when they went on sale on Friday.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    oh no!
    i was planning to buy one on the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_Piett View Post
    Yes, yes, and some people still think the United States had a hand in the 9/11 attacks in regards to how the towers fell. Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you, but it also doesn't mean there's a conspiracy every time you think there is.
    Like I posted above, the conspiracy theories around here (and pretty much in general) drive me bonkers, but I think comparing the ones discussed here to that miiiiiiiiiiiiight be a bit much, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    oh no!
    i was planning to buy one on the 15th.
    And this is EXACTLY why there's no conspiracy. A LOT of people have said they were going to do this, and Mattel KNOWS people prefer to buy in bulk to save on shipping, so they KNEW people were going to do this, thus there would be NO reason for them not to wait to 'pull' the remaining stock when much of it would be sold in less than 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; April 5, 2011 at 03:51am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by starbasetoys View Post
    There was PLENTY of time to buy both HSSS (considering there were 2 release dates) and MARZO.
    I find it scary that a period of a few days is considered PLENTY of time.

Scott replied to this thread pretty quickly. I imagine he was curious to read what we had to say about Hssss selling out. Instead there’s conspiracy theories and disbelief.

If he sold out, then he sold out. If the conspiracy theories are wrong, then that means that the re-issue has not yet been manufactured. Which makes me think, do we want a re-issue of Roboto and Hssss? It doesn’t make sense to go back and make more of something that needs to be improved. IMO, I would rather that a 200X Hssss was released as a quarterly variant, with a new top half and a snake half with more snakes. Mind you though, that doesn’t address the vintage look with reversed shoulders issue. I honestly don’t think we’ll ever see the vintage version fixed.

Heroic Warrior
    True.... BUT, There are always stragglers... I see no reason to stop selling them just because they didn't sell out in record time.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I think the conspiracy theories might be getting the better of some people. Why wouldn't you think Hsss would sell out in three days. Almost every MOTUC figures has. The amount of people on this site that have said they are boycotting Hsss and not buying at least the same number of him that they do of other figures has been tiny. Plus a decent number of people have bought extras of Hsss so they can add snakes to the torso of their first Hssss. So far the only evidence anyone has given that they've pulled him is that he never showed as "Almost Gone" on Matty. Well, we all know how well that site works updating things and the "Almost Gone" meter hasn't seemed very scientific in the past. Plus he sold out on the weekend Califorinia time (or Monday morning before work started) so if this is something that has to be added to the Matty site manually, there is a good chance no one was around to do it.
    For me, it's the fact that all figures are suddenly sold out... not just King Hsss. I find it strange that Marzo, Adora, and Evil Lyn are "sold out" simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Hssss sold out guys. Plain and simple as that. We keep a small amount for customer service and returns. If this lot is not claimed we put it up for sale during a reissue or some other sale.
    I look forward to that... I was meaning to purchase my King Hsss with backwards shouders... I guess I'll have to wait for the reissue of King Hsss with backwards shoulders.

Are we ever going to hear..
    "We apologize for the lack of quality control on some of the figures that have been shipped and we will take every precaution in the future to make sure that our product gets to the consumer the way it was meant to be." ????

Or something like that.
    Last edited by mekaneckpain; April 5, 2011 at 05:15am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    For me, it's the fact that all figures are suddenly sold out... not just King Hsss. I find it strange that Marzo, Adora, and Evil Lyn are "sold out" simultaneously.
    This isn't true. Yesterday, when I ordered King Hsss, Adora and Evil Lyn were sold out and Marzo was almost gone.

Why would Mattel stop selling something that would sell out anyway?

To be honest, I'm surprised he's lasted this long. Look past the shoulders (which a lot of us wouldn't have noticed if it hadn't been pointed out on here) and there's several reasons for him going:-

He had 2 sale dates, giving re-sellers two opportunities to buy a full allocation
    He has 2 looks, not just a different head, but a whole different torso, I'm sure many people bought an extra to display him both ways (I would have done the same if he hadn't sold out)
    He's King Hsss, one of the main leaders of the line!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Are we ever going to hear..
    "We apologize for the lack of quality control on some of the figures that have been shipped and we will take every precaution in the future to make sure that our product gets to the consumer the way it was meant to be." ????

Or something like that.
    TG says something like that every time there's an error
    Last edited by Toymaker; April 5, 2011 at 05:23am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

I'm quite surprised that people still showed so much interest for a faulty figure like this to the point of selling out! It will just encourage Mattel to keep making flawed figures and sell them at full price cause people are gonna buy whatever is thrown at them anyway

Yeah, I'm not buying it either.
    Considering the slow sales due to the defect on the figure.

They probably decided to pull him off, reserving enough stock for customer service as Toyguru says + reserving enough stock for a re-issue down the timeline.

They will sell us left-overs from this sale as re-issues.
    It will be the first re-issue that will not cost them a penny!

Since they already told us a) we may get a figure with the burst even us who ordered on the March 15th sale and b) +they have have their a$$es covered with us getting a burst or non-burst figure because when the re-issue happens, they already state on all their re-issues that customers may get leftovers from the first sale.

It is a bit confusing but they made it so they are covered both ways.

- Produce a standard amount of figures without a burst.
    - AT THE SAME TIME produce a larger amount of figures with the burst.
    - They get both of these quantities in their offices for the first sale.
    - They announce customers will get both "editions" and can't control who gets what. Same with the re-issue, there may be customers who receive a non-burst figure.
    - They now have ENOUGH stock of Hsss to last them for any possible customer service needs + ENOUGH stock for a reissue.
    - They wont have to "push a button at the figures production factory and tell them how many more they want" simply because they already have stock of Hsss.

It's a very carefully planned plan and strategy.

Y'know, I believe that is very possible. And in the beginning, it may have looked good on paper from a marketing perspective. Create a hot item by not releasing all of the stock and demand skyrockets. At the same time, you have the next batch ready to go for a re-release. But as time has gone by, the concept of a re-issue is so expected that things have changed. They don't sell out in seconds like the first few did. Mind you though, the errors (brittle plastic, reversed shoudlers) wouldn't help.

I do believe that the first few figs did actually get reproduced. But I'm not so sure about the others. If the second run of figures isn't produced with the first, why would the inserts be? And why would the factory 'accidently' print the "The Original" starbursts for one figure, let alone all of them?

Mattel should put ALL of the stock up for sale (minus customer service stock) and leave it up until it sells. Then, if a re-issue is needed, it truly will need to go back into production.

Heroic Warrior
    I believe that he did "sell out" in regards they would have to keep some figures behind for exchange if we get a truly faulty figure, like one missing his weapons or say he had reversed feet. Those would be real problems that can plague individual figures & we already knew that Mattel did this practice. I think he didn't selll out as fast as he could on the 2nd shipment because there were people who were bummed out about the reverse shoulders. However, there are so many factors that King Hssss has going for him that makes him a figure worth a sell out. For one, if you're a MOC collector, the shoulders shouldn't be an issue. 2nd, he human sculpt is a beautiful sculpt with functioning shoulders. I bet you that if people show their King Hssss figure to a non-toy collector and you ask them if you see anything wrong with the figure, they'll never notice the shoulder issue, and even if you point it out to them, they might still have trouble telling. 3rd, King Hssss has 2 bodies, so you have people who will by 2 figures to display both of his looks, plus there is absolutely nothing wrong with his snake sculpt. You're basically getting a bonus body with KH, so if the shoulders bother you, you can easily just display him with his snake body & call it a day. 4th, King Hssss seems to have become King of Customization Fodder. You have people who are buying extras so they can fix the shoulders on their own, or they're buying an extra KH figure so they can make the ultimate snake body, which is something that the 4H could have done for us, But decided to stick within the vintage perimeters. And last, but not least, as someone mentioned earlier, he is a faction leader who is an important part of the MOTUC mythos. I mean, you never know when we'lll get a KH 2.0 figure or a 200X variant. But, not getting him now would leave a big whole in ones collection, especially if we do get some Snake Men by the end of the year or next year. Do people really want to skip on getting KH now, with there always being the possibility of Kobra Khan coming out later in the year (since he's been trademarked, and if you consider him a Snake Man & not one of Skeletor's warriors) and maybe someone like Rattlor in the early months of 2012? Maybe some can, but not me. LOL
    Last edited by grenadaspice; April 5, 2011 at 07:17am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    They will sell us left-overs from this sale as re-issues.
    It will be the first re-issue that will not cost them a penny!
    Second. They already did that with The Goddess.
    Great Black Wizard figure please!

Exactly.......
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

When Hssss "sold out", Matty had just updated the site for the April sale with Sy-Klone and Panthor. They never keep figures around after the update.......just like Tytus.

And logistically, Mattel won't tell us that sales were bad on a figure. We'll never know if a figure like this truly sold out or was pulled to "save face".