Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New He-Man Comic? Actually, Just An Appearance In A Comic Strip!

Heroic Warrior
    That's great! Thanks for sharing!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    OMG! That Star Wars strip is so funny as well.

Does the author have a site of these or something? Now I'm curious!
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Quote Originally Posted by GrtEternal View Post
    OMG! That Star Wars strip is so funny as well.

Does the author have a site of these or something? Now I'm curious!
    The strip does have his own site and the creator is on Facebook in case anyone cares.

http://thatababy.com/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Thatababy/101343146598171
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Good find!!!

I'm really liking this strip. It's cute without making me nauseous and the creator obviously is or used to be into geeky things.
    It reminds me of Garfield a bit...just with a baby...and a wife.

I found a few more pop culture and toy references:

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think he's a fan, I just found this:

http://thatababy.com/wp-content/uplo...B_c_101017.jpg

I am guilty of opening sealed 80's toys. I don't even bother buying sealed G1 Transformers anymore since I can't keep myself from freeing them.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I am guilty of opening sealed 80's toys. I don't even bother buying sealed G1 Transformers anymore since I can't keep myself from freeing them.
    The only reason I even buy MOC 80's toys is so I know everything is included and I don't have to worry that the toy was slobbered on years ago when the seller was a kid. Granted, I haven't bought anything extremely rare, but MOTUC is the only line I've ever collected MOC and I think I'm even going to stop doing that once my 2 subscriptions run out.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post

The arms never fell off mine? I've never heard of this is it a common problem then??!
    Oh yes... they weren't very good designs, but were pretty much interchangable. and CONSTANTLY got chopped with axes or something

The arms were designed in a way that they could easily be popped off, and if you did it TOO often... they got loose and barely stayed on. It's why there are so many armless characters at the flea market bins

On a seperate note, my commerative He-man has it happen ALL the time... you really can't even move his arm without it falling off >.<

what a good strip, it's written well you don't have to be a fan of he-man to get the joke, unlike shortpacked where IMO most of the strips require a LOT of inside knowledge.

Thanks for posting this, never heard of the strip till now. for the record I always thought the missing arm thing was because kids just enjoyed taking them off because they could, eventually they got lost just like the armour and weapons.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    what a good strip, it's written well you don't have to be a fan of he-man to get the joke, unlike shortpacked where IMO most of the strips require a LOT of inside knowledge.
    Good point! That reminds me of PVP & Penny Arcade. Both use video game culture in their humor. The former can be understood by people like me(a casual gamer at best), while the latter sent me searching references on Google half the time until I finally realized I wasn't the target audience for the strip & gave up.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Thanks for sharing. I was actually JUST getting around to going through the Sunday paper (usually just check out the headlines, local/living sections, Sunday ads, and of course comics... I almost had to do a double take when I saw He-Man! ;-)

-x
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Oh yes... they weren't very good designs, but were pretty much interchangable. and CONSTANTLY got chopped with axes or something

The arms were designed in a way that they could easily be popped off, and if you did it TOO often... they got loose and barely stayed on. It's why there are so many armless characters at the flea market bins

On a seperate note, my commerative He-man has it happen ALL the time... you really can't even move his arm without it falling off >.<
    I had all the 80s toys and not a single one of them had their arms fall off and I played with them ALOT. Either I was really lucky or you were really unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I really don't get it lol. He found a MOTU toy and started playing with it. Is that the joke?
    Last edited by Rodster6; April 19, 2011 at 07:49am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

http://www.estradadesign.com/eternia.html

THIS IS a nice comic! Very mature themed! I like the legions marching towards Castle Grayskull...And how big the castle itslef looks! I WOULD totally buy a monthly comic of these one!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR