View Poll Results: He-Man Vs. She-Ra

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-Man

    50 61.73%
  • She-Ra

    31 38.27%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: He-Man Vs. She-Ra

  1. #26
    Ally of Hordak Robin Hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    Both of times that He-Man was captured from the Horde, was attacked cowardly from behind. In direct approach there are other standards.
    I think all this demonstrates is that Adora has identified more than one of He-Man’s weaknesses and exploits them in battle whether this is direct or indirect. For example, she’s noticed he’s vulnerable to an energy attack from behind as he can’t see and block the attack, and that he is noble and unattached so a beautiful ‘damsel-in-distress’ can put him off-guard before he is attacked. Perhaps, had Teela been there on both occasions she could have warned him about bad Adora’s female wiles and the battle outcome would have been different, but alas she wasn’t.

    These battle tactics follow the standards given by one of the world’s leading military generals and strategists Sun Tzu who says in the Art of War:

    “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.”

    Hence we should expect Adora/She-Ra to defeat He-Man along as she aims to win, continues to know not only her own but He-Man's strengths and weakness too and follows strategies based on He-Man’s weaknesses. He-Man on the other hand needs to identify his weaknesses and get up to speed with Adora’s/She-Ra’s capabilities if he wants to improve his chances, their superhero team dynamics and his own fighting effectiveness.


    And He-Man was trained by Man At Arms who is basically the Batman/Iron-Man of MOTU Universe i.e. not only an inventor but a brilliant tactician and strategist. Hordak doesn't have not even a single person in his crew with these characteristics.
    The evil Horde rely on aggressive planned attacks, overwhelming opponents in battle, identifying weaknesses in opponents and using them against them, taking out leaders and others who may oppose or disagree with them (hence the number of female leaders on Etheria), withdrawing to fight another day if losing, minions to follow orders without question (e.g. Horde Troopers), rewarding minions with a share of the spoils of war (e.g. Horde magic enhancements, Catra’s cat mask) and for enemies to fear them. The effectiveness of these strategies and tactics can be seen in the modern day with the success of ISIS/ISIL in Syria and Iraq.

    The Horde might even wish you to believe they are incompetent (See Sun Tzu quote above). After all I doubt the Horde would be able to conquer or hold together a galactic empire without at least some appreciation of strategies and tactics.

    That makes He-Man extremely resourceful. He is also a skillful mechanic and pilot, is not someone stupid.
    And as Man At Arms tought him, he is always prepared:

    http://www.planeteternia.de/grafiken...les/250724.jpg
    We can all agree that He-Man is well trained. However, will he get the opportunity to use his resourcefulness against someone who is trained to be the “most perfectly lethal weapon in the Horde’s army” and has the same overall power level?
    Horde weapon.jpg

    Finally He-Man also he can rely on lethal force if it needs to (see the prefilmation and the DC version). So you have a soldier (She-Ra), against a warrior (He-Man). For me is a draw.
    Filmation He-Man is a warrior yes and is becoming a warrior king and perhaps God in the latest DC comic. Filmation She-Ra on the other hand has significant experience of command, leads the rebels in Whispering Wood, makes allies with those opposed to the Horde, shows more worldly wisdom and wears a crown or tiara so is more of a warrior queen. You could also say that her more frequent use of magic is more akin to being a goddess. So to me in Filmation terms you have an uneven battle between a warrior queen or goddess (She-Ra) vs a warrior with potential (He-Man).
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

  2. #27
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    I think all this demonstrates is that Adora has identified more than one of He-Man’s weaknesses and exploits them in battle whether this is direct or indirect. For example, she’s noticed he’s vulnerable to an energy attack from behind as he can’t see and block the attack, and that he is noble and unattached so a beautiful ‘damsel-in-distress’ can put him off-guard before he is attacked. Perhaps, had Teela been there on both occasions she could have warned him about bad Adora’s female wiles and the battle outcome would have been different, but alas she wasn’t.

    These battle tactics follow the standards given by one of the world’s leading military generals and strategists Sun Tzu who says in the Art of War:

    “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
    “All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder, and crush him.”

    Hence we should expect Adora/She-Ra to defeat He-Man along as she aims to win, continues to know not only her own but He-Man's strengths and weakness too and follows strategies based on He-Man’s weaknesses. He-Man on the other hand needs to identify his weaknesses and get up to speed with Adora’s/She-Ra’s capabilities if he wants to improve his chances, their superhero team dynamics and his own fighting effectiveness.




    The evil Horde rely on aggressive planned attacks, overwhelming opponents in battle, identifying weaknesses in opponents and using them against them, taking out leaders and others who may oppose or disagree with them (hence the number of female leaders on Etheria), withdrawing to fight another day if losing, minions to follow orders without question (e.g. Horde Troopers), rewarding minions with a share of the spoils of war (e.g. Horde magic enhancements, Catra’s cat mask) and for enemies to fear them. The effectiveness of these strategies and tactics can be seen in the modern day with the success of ISIS/ISIL in Syria and Iraq.

    The Horde might even wish you to believe they are incompetent (See Sun Tzu quote above). After all I doubt the Horde would be able to conquer or hold together a galactic empire without at least some appreciation of strategies and tactics.



    We can all agree that He-Man is well trained. However, will he get the opportunity to use his resourcefulness against someone who is trained to be the “most perfectly lethal weapon in the Horde’s army” and has the same overall power level?
    Horde weapon.jpg



    Filmation He-Man is a warrior yes and is becoming a warrior king and perhaps God in the latest DC comic. Filmation She-Ra on the other hand has significant experience of command, leads the rebels in Whispering Wood, makes allies with those opposed to the Horde, shows more worldly wisdom and wears a crown or tiara so is more of a warrior queen. You could also say that her more frequent use of magic is more akin to being a goddess. So to me in Filmation terms you have an uneven battle between a warrior queen or goddess (She-Ra) vs a warrior with potential (He-Man).
    The "well trained" Horde were defeated by Randor and Duncan among all people (the same people that trained He-Man), so being trained by the Horde does not make someone automatically unstoppable or unbeatable. Also Hordak himself was defeated by this barbarian:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=21862&pg=2

    And really Horde doesn't have between their ranks a single mind that could be consider equivalent to Man At Arms.
    As for She-Ra being a goddess, well that doesn't say much, because He-Man has defeated god-like creatures before like Serpos:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep5oh_6D4yY

    or this guy:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=18677&pg=5

    or even the Evil Incarnate in the Filmation Episode "the Wizard of Stone Mountain".

    So an hypothetical battle between them could go eather way.
    Last edited by granamyr80; August 17, 2014 at 08:05pm.

  3. #28
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Battle Ram Blog
    Posts
    3,925
    Spinoff never beats the original. So there's that.

  4. #29
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Windhoek Namibia
    Posts
    451
    Well assuming the siblings are equal in everything .

    1. She Ra has a sword that can morph into just about anything ,

    2. Powers to communicate to animals and healing possibly others i cannot recall .

    3. A flying Steed .

    Her better toys and extra powers increase her chances of winning .
    Assuming She Ra can use healing magic on herself , that alone dictates her victory .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; August 23, 2014 at 08:45pm.

  5. #30
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    Well assuming the siblings are equal in everything .

    1. She Ra has a sword that can morph into just about anything ,

    2. Powers to communicate to animals and healing possibly others i cannot recall .

    3. A flying Steed .

    Her better toys and extra powers increase her chances of winning .
    Assuming She Ra can use healing magic on herself , that alone dictates her victory .
    And also He-Man has his own abilities:

    -Invulnerability. He supported Superman's heat vision directly in the eyes without a scratch:
    3398687-dc+universe+vs.+the+masters+of+the+universe+(2013)+002-017.jpg
    Also he survived from Serpos lava flow during the last episode fo the MYP series.

    - The Sword of Power has the ablity to strike magical bolts (see New Adventures), and recently appeared able to unleash an incredible amount of distractive power, which destroyed an entire Fright Zone to the ground.
    WEkCcoW.jpg

    - And Battle Cat is not just a steed. He is actually a force to be reckoned with, basically he is an army by himself.
    dgpp2Yr.jpg

    Both the twins have their advantages. And they know each other very well. So is a draw.

  6. #31
    Heroic Warrior Dayvid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    781
    Yeah, She-Ra.

    I feel her power is stronger. And her ability to understand the Horde and all it's technology has to count for something!

  7. #32
    Ally of Hordak Robin Hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    The "well trained" Horde were defeated by Randor and Duncan among all people (the same people that trained He-Man), so being trained by the Horde does not make someone automatically unstoppable or unbeatable. Also Hordak himself was defeated by this barbarian:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=21862&pg=2

    And really Horde doesn't have between their ranks a single mind that could be consider equivalent to Man At Arms.
    As for She-Ra being a goddess, well that doesn't say much, because He-Man has defeated god-like creatures before like Serpos:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep5oh_6D4yY

    or this guy:

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=18677&pg=5

    or even the Evil Incarnate in the Filmation Episode "the Wizard of Stone Mountain".

    So an hypothetical battle between them could go eather way.
    In the above examples, He-Man had the power of grayskull and this was critical in achieving victory. Both He-Man and She-Ra have the same power of grayskull so a fight between them would most likely be a stalemate if both wish to win, fight nobly and only use this power.

    She-Ra however is likely to break this deadlock as I’ve already said as she is more skilled at analysing her opponents and taking advantage of their weaknesses. Furthermore, she has additional powers she can use in the fight. These additional powers including the Stone of Protection in her power sword, the shape changing ability of her sword and the Power of Etheria, which may come from Light Hope in Crystal Castle.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gyk75sqzzYk

    Her additional powers are indicated in the openings to their Filmation shows, where He-Man is shown in front of Castle Grayskull and She-Ra is shown in front of both Castle Grayskull and Crystal Castle.

    He-Man Opening.jpgShe-Ra Opening 3.jpgShe-Ra Opening 2.jpg

    Perhaps, this makes She-Ra more powerful, though I still think of He-Man as being the stronger of the two.

    Now, She-Ra could simply and efficient way use these additional powers to win by starting a sword fight, letting the swords clash so He-Man wasn’t free to move his sword to provide protection then use an energy blast of the right frequency from the stone in her sword to stun or at least blind He-Man.

    She-ra Force Beam.JPG

    I would think He-Man would realise this and avoid a frontal confrontation with She-Ra. If he’s got to win he has to use the element of surprise and/or use a power where he may have an advantage in, such as strength.

    As you say the hypothetical battle could go either way. But I’m also saying She-Ra should be expected to have the advantage, principally as she knows him better than he knows her and secondly as she appears to have a greater variety of powers at her disposal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Spinoff never beats the original. So there's that.
    LOL! I know it appears that way and it’s a popular view on He-Man.org but personally I’m not so sure She-Ra was a spinoff of Filmation He-Man. Mattel and the writing team may just have concentrated on He-Man until he became a commercial success and then launched She-Ra. I'm not going explain why I think this. Though it might become apparent if and when the Ancient Egyptian connection with Filmation canon is explained (e.g. compare the appearance of Filmation Sorceress with blue/white/orange winged images of Ma’at).
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

  8. #33
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    In the above examples, He-Man had the power of grayskull and this was critical in achieving victory. Both He-Man and She-Ra have the same power of grayskull so a fight between them would most likely be a stalemate if both wish to win, fight nobly and only use this power.

    She-Ra however is likely to break this deadlock as I’ve already said as she is more skilled at analysing her opponents and taking advantage of their weaknesses. Furthermore, she has additional powers she can use in the fight. These additional powers including the Stone of Protection in her power sword, the shape changing ability of her sword and the Power of Etheria, which may come from Light Hope in Crystal Castle.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gyk75sqzzYk

    Her additional powers are indicated in the openings to their Filmation shows, where He-Man is shown in front of Castle Grayskull and She-Ra is shown in front of both Castle Grayskull and Crystal Castle.

    He-Man Opening.jpgShe-Ra Opening 3.jpgShe-Ra Opening 2.jpg

    Perhaps, this makes She-Ra more powerful, though I still think of He-Man as being the stronger of the two.

    Now, She-Ra could simply and efficient way use these additional powers to win by starting a sword fight, letting the swords clash so He-Man wasn’t free to move his sword to provide protection then use an energy blast of the right frequency from the stone in her sword to stun or at least blind He-Man.

    She-ra Force Beam.JPG

    I would think He-Man would realise this and avoid a frontal confrontation with She-Ra. If he’s got to win he has to use the element of surprise and/or use a power where he may have an advantage in, such as strength.

    As you say the hypothetical battle could go either way. But I’m also saying She-Ra should be expected to have the advantage, principally as she knows him better than he knows her and secondly as she appears to have a greater variety of powers at her disposal.

    - - - Updated - - -



    LOL! I know it appears that way and it’s a popular view on He-Man.org but personally I’m not so sure She-Ra was a spinoff of Filmation He-Man. Mattel and the writing team may just have concentrated on He-Man until he became a commercial success and then launched She-Ra. I'm not going explain why I think this. Though it might become apparent if and when the Ancient Egyptian connection with Filmation canon is explained (e.g. compare the appearance of Filmation Sorceress with blue/white/orange winged images of Ma’at).

    He-Man is yielding the Original Sword of Power. The Sword that the Overlords gave to He-Ro. The Sword of Protection is a clone of this sword. The Sword of Power has abilities that no one knows yet, abilities that He-Man seems to discover gradually. For this reason He-Man appears to be as much as powerful as he needs to be, depending from the situation and the task.

    And He-Man doesn't use only the Sword. Actually the sword is his secondary weapon. His main weapon is the Sacred Axe of Eternia. He also uses a shield capable to generate a force field strong enough to resist dragon's fire (episode 10 of the MYP series "Dragon's Brood"). He also uses a variety of other weapons as well (laser blasters etc).

    Also during his life he fought in different kind of battles. From direct approach, to sneak attacks, to space battles. As much as She-Ra has a lot of war experience.

    And after all these years, both know each other very well and what they are capable of doing. He-Man knows She-Ra as much as she knows him (and it isn't that He-Man doesn't study his adversary during a battle, trying to find his weakness, he is a great tactician afterall, i.e. see how he defeated Supes in their duel):
    3562934-3398686-dc+universe+vs.+the+masters+of+the+universe+(2013)+002-016.jpg

    3398687-dc+universe+vs.+the+masters+of+the+universe+(2013)+002-017.jpg

    DCVMU-2-18-19-a6d45.jpg

  9. #34
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Windhoek Namibia
    Posts
    451
    And they know each other very well. So is a draw.
    How is that possible ? They have been separated all their lives . They have known about each other for about 2 years ? Currently they are worlds apart ....literally .

    When do they visit each other except for an emergency ? Every month ? Every Holiday ?

    She Ra is fighting a war on Etheria against innumerable robots that dont sleep , eat , cannot be reasoned with .
    HeMan has it somewhat easier but he is also rather busy .
    Last edited by MOLKROM; September 19, 2014 at 05:24pm.

  10. #35
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLKROM View Post
    How is that possible ? They have been separated all their lives . They have known about each other for about 2 years ? Currently they are worlds apart ....literally .

    When do they visit each other except for an emergency ? Every month ? Every Holiday ?

    She Ra is fighting a war on Etheria against innumerable robots that dont sleep , eat , cannot be reasoned with .
    HeMan has it somewhat easier but he is also rather busy .
    He-Man appeared in about a third of POP'S series episodes, so him and She-Ra are fighting side by side for quite a time. And two years it's a sufficient period for two warriors to know what they are capable of doing, since this is something of vital importance when they are facing battles together. In the episode "Just the way you are" it was hinted, that He-Man and She-Ra they were also training together, which means that they have an even more deep knowledge of each other's abilities. So they are perfectly balanced.

    And He-Man has to deal with quite a number of enemies too that they want to conquer Eternia and the controll its Power. Not only Skeletor's forces (Evil Warriors, Robot Knights, Undead skeleton's army), but also Hsss and his Snake Men, goblins, orcs, trolls, dragons, krakens and any other kind of monsters, space pirates and A LOT of and various independent wizards and warlords (Count Marzo, Evilseed, Lodar etc), and of course the occasional Horde's invasions. He is a lot of busy too:



    http://www.deviantart.com/#/art/He-M...206867152?hf=1
    Last edited by granamyr80; September 19, 2014 at 07:24pm.

  11. #36
    Ally of Hordak Robin Hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    And after all these years, both know each other very well and what they are capable of doing. He-Man knows She-Ra as much as she knows him (and it isn't that He-Man doesn't study his adversary during a battle, trying to find his weakness, he is a great tactician afterall, i.e. see how he defeated Supes in their duel):
    I don’t agree. Adam/He-Man has always been good and has never deeply experienced his dark side like She-Ra has experienced her's as Adora/Despara. Hence, He-Man does not have the personal experience to fully relate to She-Ra or ability to predict and counter her moves. She on the other hand is capable of fully understanding He-Man and his good side allowing her to predict and counter his moves. Add-in her knowledge and experience of her darker side, and she should become one of the most effective or deadly superheroes in a fight.

    But enough of theory, there’s been an encounter in the latest DC comic which makes the score of one-on-one encounters:

    Adam/He-Man 0............Adora/Despara/She-Ra 3

    He-Man Throat.jpg

    So as previously stated Adora/Despara/She-Ra should have this, as she knows him better than he knows her, she has a greater variety of powers immediately available to her and because He-Man is too trusting and naive being so noble and inexperienced in the devious tactics of those with a darker side.
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

  12. #37
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Italy (Rome)
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    I don’t agree. Adam/He-Man has always been good and has never deeply experienced his dark side like She-Ra has experienced her's as Adora/Despara. Hence, He-Man does not have the personal experience to fully relate to She-Ra or ability to predict and counter her moves. She on the other hand is capable of fully understanding He-Man and his good side allowing her to predict and counter his moves. Add-in her knowledge and experience of her darker side, and she should become one of the most effective or deadly superheroes in a fight.

    But enough of theory, there’s been an encounter in the latest DC comic which makes the score of one-on-one encounters:

    Adam/He-Man 0............Adora/Despara/She-Ra 3

    He-Man Throat.jpg

    So as previously stated Adora/Despara/She-Ra should have this, as she knows him better than he knows her, she has a greater variety of powers immediately available to her and because He-Man is too trusting and naive being so noble and inexperienced in the devious tactics of those with a darker side.

    To be fair this wasn't a fight. He-Man was already poisoned by the Gar according to Tri-Klops's plan, who was ready to do what a possessed Adora did a bit later. So this is Tri-Klops's victory, since he is the one that had He-Man at his mercy:



    Adora did, what Saryn did with King Grayskull, with the difference that Saryn was also the person that made and executed the plan to poison him. Could Saryn defeat King Grayskull in a direct battle because she succeeded in her plan? A bit hard to believe.

    The score in the DC comic, in the direct battle between them is a draw: 1-1.

    And what from additional She-Ra's power could give her the advantage in a possible fight. Healing? He-Man has already been stated that he has enchanted invulnerable skin. Communicating with animals? Beastman has the same power, but it hasn't been so much of an advantage for him so far. The sword changing shapes to other weapons or objects? He-Man besides his sword that is capable of creating powerful magical energy blasts (like in the first mini comics and NA), has a battle axe, a shield generating force fields that holds against dragon fire. Powers themeselves don't give an advantage. He-Man for example defeated Supes, who has a lot more powers than him. At the end i believe depends from the writer of the story, and the personal preferences. Personally i found them perfectly matched.

    And He-Man can also use deceit in battle, if he wants to (and having a dark side too apparently):

    Last edited by granamyr80; September 24, 2014 at 07:56am.

  13. #38
    Ally of Hordak Robin Hood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by granamyr80 View Post
    To be fair this wasn't a fight. He-Man was already poisoned by the Gar according to Tri-Klops's plan, who was ready to do what a possessed Adora did a bit later. So this is Tri-Klops's victory, since he is the one that had He-Man at his mercy:

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-W2WPusgfTS...%2B016-017.jpg

    Adora did, what Saryn did with King Grayskull, with the difference that Saryn was also the person that made and executed the plan to poison him. Could Saryn defeat King Grayskull in a direct battle because she succeeded in her plan? A bit hard to believe.
    Tri-Klops may well have had He-Man at his mercy as the Gar had poisoned him but it was Hordak who instigated the plan by threatening the Gar, employing Tri-Klops in the first place and knowing that Adora/Despara carried the cursed sword to pierce He-Man’s skin and mortally wound him. So it was really Hordak’s plan that was carried out by the Gar, Tri-Klops and Despara. He may even have assumed or known that Adora would turn into Despara at the critical moment. My point is that He-Man is just too inexperienced, naïve and trusting to believe the sincerity of the Gar after all these years, that Hordak would not send someone competent to stop him and that Adora would not turn into Despara and pose the biggest threat to him (esp. with the cursed sword having already killed King Grayskull and having a lust for Grayskull’s blood). He has a lot to learn and as a result he can easily be misled, trapped and defeated by people who are less powerful than him and who plan their battles in advance. Hence, his ineffectiness at stopping the Horde invasion and him receiving mortal wounds on Anwat Gar, both of these events being planned or executed by Despara.

    The score in the DC comic, in the direct battle between them is a draw: 1-1.
    Perhaps, a draw as neither was knocked out or defeated in the battle. But nonetheless He-Man carried out a tactical retreat from the battlefield to fight another day before the fight was finished so from a tactical perspective it could be considered a victory for Despara. Had the battle gone on I would have expected Despara to use the Horde army to overwhelm and defeat He-Man. Despara does however appear to have underestimated Battle Cat as He-Man’s close ally and perhaps a little overconfidence in herself.

    And what from additional She-Ra's power could give her the advantage in a possible fight. Healing? He-Man has already been stated that he has enchanted invulnerable skin. Communicating with animals? Beastman has the same power, but it hasn't been so much of an advantage for him so far. The sword changing shapes to other weapons or objects? He-Man besides his sword that is capable of creating powerful magical energy blasts (like in the first mini comics and NA), has a battle axe, a shield generating force fields that holds against dragon fire. Powers themeselves don't give an advantage. He-Man for example defeated Supes, who has a lot more powers than him. At the end i believe depends from the writer of the story, and the personal preferences. Personally i found them perfectly matched.
    What I’ve being saying in the previous posts is that She-Ra is more skilled at analysing her opponents and taking advantage of their weaknesses. She would be more aggressive, decisive and effective in a fight from having being a full-time and professional Horde commander. On the other hand, He-Man until recently was only a part-time warrior the rest of the time being a care-free prince. He has a lot more to learn about fighting and winning. I believe in the latest DC Comics he knows this as evidenced by the support he is giving Adora on her quest so that she can fully join the fight against the Horde and co-lead the resistance to victory. She-Ra’s additional powers would also give her an edge. If we assume they would have a swordfight for example as these are their most commonly used weapons. She-Ra could simply allow the swords to clash and lock so He-Man wasn’t free to move his sword to provide protection then use an energy blast of the right frequency from the stone of protection in her sword and target it at a weakpoint to quickly and efficiently stun He-Man. It would be just like when she knocked out Filmation He-Man using an ray gun as Force Captain Adora in the SOTS. In principal, she could use the same trick to quickly surprise and defeat any swordsman/woman she fights.

    Incidentally, I’m not sure Superman has more powers than He-Man. As I understand the Sword of Power was forged to harness the power that was used to create the universe. So it stands to reason that He-Man can create or use any power within the universe he has the imagination and will to use. Consequently, he has the capability to be not only the more powerful but also to use more powers than Superman. He-Man may just not be letting the power go to his head by using all his powers and is keeping his range of powers secret like a good poker player conceals his hand until he needs to use them (e.g. when he draws down the Power of Eternity on the Horde Fright Zone at Althra Port).
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

  14. #39
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,540
    Pretty sure He-Man would win- She-Ra does have all those awesome powers, true, but just when she'd be looking to finish the big guy off, He-Man would go into PSA mode, and talk to her- and the audience- about how fighting never really solves anything, or something equally silly.

    Then, while she's looking to apologize, he snatches her up by the hem of her cape, spins the breakfast out of her, then pitches her into the next county- all without having to hit her!
    The real lesson here, kids? No capes.
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

  15. #40
    Darkness The Timeless One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    362
    The way I see it, let's say the power of Grayskull is a quantity, measured at X. As in the power that is summoned/embodied/channeled/etc into them after they transform. Measure that, and say it is X for both. I have no reason to suspect it would be any greater or lesser for either.

    He-Man has the power of Grayskull as X * 2 (I think that's the factor) due to the harness he wears, yes? At least as applies to the power channeled into physical strength/durability?

    She-Ra has the power of Grayskull. Flat (*)

    Moreover, as I picture it, when she uses the (goofy, imo) sword transformation powers, it comes at a cost while in use/transformed, thereby leaving her available power at X - something.

    (*) Actually, I'd consider it less than X for the same reason above. Why? She has all these other persistent powers like animal telepathy -- which must come at a "cost" to her allotment of X, thereby making her standing physical prowess powered by X - something.

    Finally, even if you disregard all that -- but certainly making things worse if you don't -- there's that He-Man is physically larger, thereby being capable of greater leverage even if they were equal in raw physical strength, not to mention more mass behind striking/taking hits.

    So, He-Man has the edge in my book.

    She-Ra's vector to win revolves around being smaller and more limber (perhaps), thereby possibly faster. And in leveraging her tricked-out extra standing powers or (again, goofy imo) sword-tricks. But all it would take is one solid hit from He-Man and she's done for, if you ask me. If for no other reason, because of his harness which doubles his strength/durability, if I'm not mistaken -- something she has no counter for (apart from evading hits)?

    And then, if you run with the idea that eventually, after sustaining enough damage/hits/etc He-Man can be de-powered back into Adam, I'd argue the same applies to She-Ra. Look again at the power harness for He-Man, which doubles his durability, right? She-Ra could land as many solid fully-X-powered hits as it takes to depower He-Man, which is always going to be more than the number of similar hits He-Man would need to land on She-Ra to depower her down to Adora, as she has no physical prowess (durability) doubling factor, right?
    Last edited by The Timeless One; December 10, 2016 at 05:51am.

  16. #41
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Edmonton, Ab. Ca.
    Posts
    1,474
    He-Man and She-Ra fighting is crucial to telling a proper story.
    Just as important as how they work together.

    It is really a story about the ethics of boys and girls.
    Like The Pirates of Penzance.

  17. #42
    Heroic Warrior Lokus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    268
    I would say She Ra would win because , she is drawing power from both Castle Greyskull and the Crystal Castle as her transformation scene indicates and quite frankly she needs the extra double or triple OOMPH because of her situation . Its literally She Ra vs the World in that other dimension .

    Etheria is a conquered Horde world with a few kingdoms resisting but it does not stop there . There is an entire Horde empire made up of multiple conquered worlds . Thats a serious amount of resources for the Horde to draw upon assuming they dont want to let go of Etheria .

    He Man does not need the extra power because well the situation on Eternia is sort of the opposite of Etheria . Eternia seems to be an overall "good guy" land with a few pocket resistances mainly by Skeletor and his goonies .

    Lets assume Castle Greyskull dishes out the same amount of juice to both siblings , She Ra has an extra can o Crystal Castle red bull , probably not as potent as the Grey Skull stuff but could explain her extra powers and jewel in the sword .

    She has at least twice more options and raw power at her disposal to tip the scales in her favor . Heck she has so much extra power that her physical appearance literally changes . Adam well , he just changes to a darker colour but Adora,s hair lengthens as if she needs more volume to contain all her crackling energy .
    Last edited by Lokus; December 11, 2016 at 07:12pm.

  18. #43
    Widget
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    12
    I think that neither would fight the other, unless controlled by an outside, evil force. If that were the case, I think since both He-Man and She-Ra receive their power from Castle Grayskull, it's possible that whomever is fighting on the side of evil may have their power cut off by the sorceress, or Castle Grayskull itself.

    But if that weren't the case, He-Man would likely win if unarmed, hand-to-hand from brute strength alone. If using their respective weapons, they could potentially stalemate each other, but since I like a world where the good guys win, whomever is being controlled by evil will lose.

  19. #44
    Heroic Warrior InThe80s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    735
    I say He-Man wins it because he has a second transformation called Thunder Punch He-Man which is said to be much more powerful than his first form. She-Ra does not have a second form that is more powerful than her first form.




  20. #45
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    12,005
    I think sis could take her brother out like the trash.

    Not only do I think she might actually be stronger, but I think Adam would have a hard time fighting her. Adora might just tap into a bit of that ol' Horde mentality.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

    Instagram: Just_Thommy

  21. #46
    Snake Men Enthusiast QueenQuetzale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    160
    She-Ra, for the same reason most people said. She's equal in strength to her brother plus has additional abilities.
    WARNING: FANGIRL AHEAD

    Filmation Most Loved: Hordak, Catra, Sorceress
    NA Most Loved: Crita, Hoove
    MYP Most Loved: Skeletor, Orko, Snake Men
    MOTUC Most Wanted: MYP Skeletor, MYP Kobra Khan, Enchantress

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •